Statement Regarding Fixture Fulfilment

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

I still wonder whether the club will make some kind of gesture towards the fans....

This reminds me of the T Shirts that were printed up to celebrate our die-hards who battled through appalling weather to get to Maine Road back in the 90's.

Miles Away

Don't season ticket holders get priority on away tickets and cup games (could come in handy if we draw a big club in the later rounds).

That's a perk, though not a financial one.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Dear oh dear, Macky creating his own police state, infraction worthy, certainly not.

No. It was Lako doing his usual gig of throwing unnecessary insults around that add nothing to the debate, spoil the enjoyment of other users and discourage new members from joining.

Sensitive little mite.

I do believe you're projecting, my dear.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I think the club did brilliantly to get the stadium area and the pitch in a great safe condition.

It was NOT their fault the City council were not able to keep their roads deiced/clear to avoid the gridlock.

It WAS Stringer's fault that he told everyone at about 6pm 'If you have not started out for the stadium, do not bother, you will not get here in time.

However, the club knew that the city was gridlocked late afternoon.

They COULD have issued a statement on their website at about 6pm and through RL, to say.
'Do travel carefully. We will delay the start until 8.30 so the majority of fans have a good chance of getting here.'

Of course that would have pissed off SKY and maybe those watching on TV, but they would still have fullfilled the fixture that day. There have been longer delayed kick-offs at grounds before because of traffic delays, accidents etc.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
This reminds me of the T Shirts that were printed up to celebrate our die-hards who battled through appalling weather to get to Maine Road back in the 90's.

I was at that match but never got one! I've always had to regard the sight of Mark Robins popping in the winner in his City debut on the ground of his local club as sufficient reward.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
You obviously don't know my relatives in Yarm!

Perhaps it's only the Boro fans who come from County Durham that I was thinking about.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
He's talking out of his arse anyway as Boro is down South

:081:

That reminds me of my childhood when I used to think that Leeds was the Midlands and Sheffield was the deep south. I even saw a bus once going to Liverpool; it took a whole day to get there so presumably Liverpool was in a different country.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
'Do travel carefully. We will delay the start until 8.30 so the majority of fans have a good chance of getting here.'

The longer they delay the kick-off, the more likely it is that people using public transport won't be able to get home after the match. For example the last train back to Hinckley leaves at 22:27.

fox58

The Buses stopped running at 6.30pm anyway. it was interesting that the one area of the ground that was not that sparse was L block maybe the age dynamics of that section had something to do with it

Willlow

The longer they delay the kick-off, the more likely it is that people using public transport won't be able to get home after the match. For example the last train back to Hinckley leaves at 22:27.

The club could have paid for a supporters train to run....its as if they don't care!

Mike - True Blue Tinter

The Buses stopped running at 6.30pm anyway. it was interesting that the one area of the ground that was not that sparse was L block maybe the age dynamics of that section had something to do with it

Maybe they are mostly students with flexible time, or mostly live within the city, or did not have to stay at work until 5pm before trying to get home and back again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669