Stearman joins Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an unfair statement as the whole backline were obviously under management orders (under various managers) to hoof the ball at the earliest opportunity

Or perhaps they couldn't pass a ball to save their lives which meant that the midfield was bypassed for most of last season hence why we scored so little. All defended well last season but only because they had so much prctice when the ball kept comming back!!

The following is a clip from the Wolves OS. the interesting bit for many is the part i've highlighted.

"I'm delighted," said Richard, who will be back at Compton for the start of pre-season training on Monday.

"It's been a long summer and I'm really pleased to get something sorted - now I'm just raring to go.

"There's been reported interest for a while but I'm delighted now to get things done and dusted so I can concentrate on the future.

"The gaffer's trying to build a young and hungry squad here and hopefully I'm adding to that.

"I'm really looking forward to working with him, particularly as he was a former defender himself."

Richard is well aware of the expectations at Wolves and is relishing the challenge.

"Wolves are a massive club which probably should be in the Premier League," he adds.

"There's a massive fanbase here who are expectant of Premier League football and if if that brings pressure and expectation then rightly so.

"It's such a big club with sizeable crowds and the fans want Premier League football as do all the players.

"Hopefully with myself coming in along with a few others we can all help get Wolves where they deserve to be."

Richard, who has previously been named in Stuart Pearce's England under-21 squad, has played at England junior level with Wolves midfielder Mark Davies, and also spoke to former Wolves and Leicester defender Jamie Clapham enroute to finalising the move.

"I spoke to Jamie on the way over here and he had nothing but good things to say which only added to my excitement," he says.

"I'd been at Leicester since I was ten and have got some good friends there so I wish them all the best.

"They were brilliant for me and hopefully I did well for them.

"But obviously I'm delighted to have joined Wolves and can't wait to get started."

I'm pleased to see that some one finds comfort & achievment in the fact that we have been RELEGATED:bang::bang::bang:

Last edited:
I could strangle the Bastard,more time than not I have thought he was a loyal boy.

Who is next?

Just to point out, it may be that the club want these players to go to reduce the wage bill and to generate some cash for any incoming players.

I also take into account the majority of our players would be happy to move up into a better league, but I bet that the club aren't completely disappointed they are leaving for decent sums of money.

The budget will be severely affected by relegation (marketing revenue will be slashed) and as generous as mad milan is, he wants some money back in his pocket and this is the easiest way while conveying the usual media front that he is ploughing his cash into the playing side to ensure a swift return to the Championship.

So the fans all backed Milan to takeover, as it would mean we had cash & wouldn't have to sell our best players...

... now we are selling all our best players.

ever felt conned

Looking at what the OS says, it was his representatives that made it clear that he did not want to stay and play League 1 football. So, if he doesn't want to stay and help make amends for last year then he can 'ck off as far as I'm concerned.

It's bound to say that isn't it, it's not going to say roll up it's fire sale time at the Walkers, any reasonable offers accepted

So the fans all backed Milan to takeover, as it would mean we had cash & wouldn't have to sell our best players...

... now we are selling all our best players.

ever felt conned

we aren't selling them because we want the money,we are selling them because they don't want to play in Division One,there is no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you,I doubt there are many there now who do want to play for us tbh.

we aren't selling them because we want the money,we are selling them because they don't want to play in Division One,there is no point in keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you,I doubt there are many there now who do want to play for us tbh.

absolute bollocks, we need the cash don't be conned

absolute bollocks, we need the cash don't be conned

What are you on about :icon_conf Hume,Stearman,McCauley and the others that follow simply don't want to play in this League.Of course we shall get as much as possible but we don't need the cash and IMO MM and NP would rather all three had stayed

Of course that's what they say when they move to a new club. Do you expect them to say they'd rather be playing in the third division?

No. And I don't expect them to say they didn't want to take the pay cut incurred by relegation, but its still true.

Can't understand most peoples arguments at the minute to be honest. Most people have slagged off most of the players all season, especially Stearman, and now that they are going everyones up in arms about it. Personally I don't care who goes, they got us relegated, and have played like idiots for most of the time they have been with us.

Milan will be just looking to get his £10m back.  I don't expect us to spend that much in the summer.

Well we shall see,you don't rate any of them so you will be happy for them all to go to be replaced with Hamilton Academical Reserves
Well this statement quite clearly proves to me that you are off your rocker!!!!

We have had many conversations this season where I've said that I thought the players were plenty good enough, and that it was the Manager that were crap. You insisted that that the players were shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669