Stearman joins Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stearman for me was no wonderkid, i think he will get found out at Wolves...............

Who went on record saying that they'd stay and make sure City were promoted straight back up ?
Or was that before they start talking to their agents ?
Or Milan ?

Who knows ?
But the exodus continues.
Lets hope we get some quality youngsters in.

absolute bollocks, we need the cash don't be conned

I think so.

When you strip out all the words (propaganda) - we are selling off most if not all those players who can fetch a few quid. If Maddock goes then the picture will be completed.

These actions tell me that MM is recouping his expenditure and seeking to balance the books consequent to the fall in revenue.

I consider this entirely understandable from a financial viewpoint but not in the footballing interests of the club. I also wonder what would have been the impact on ST sales had these actions/ policies been clear before the early bird deadline.

I am quite clear that the manager and players themselves were guilty for getting us unnecessarily relegated and no doubt some of these players are only too delighted to get that monkey off their backs - but the players we should have wanted to shove out were the poorer not the better players and I fully understand that no one is going to want the complete dross.

Well this statement quite clearly proves to me that you are off your rocker!!!!

We have had many conversations this season where I've said that I thought the players were plenty good enough, and that it was the Manager that were crap. You insisted that that the players were shit.

But this is Division One ie a drop in Standard,the likes of Hume,Oakley,Howard,Clemence are well good enough for this standard of football,indeed Hume and Howard are proven Goalscorers at this level for Tranmere and Luton.
Like I say we shall and wait and see who they are replaced by...

Last edited:
But this is Division One ie a drop in Standard,the likes of Hume,Oakley,Howard,Clemence are well good enough for this standard of football,indeed Hume and Howard are proven Goalscorers at this level for Tranmere and Luton.
Like I say we shall and wait and see who they are replaced by...
Which is why I said I didn't really want Hume to go.

Good luck to the lad. I was one of his few fans. he'll go on to play Premiership football IMO.

Spot on Dunc, read on Bentleys roof that some of the players were being persuaded to move on despite wanting to stay.

I wouldn't be suprised if MM has a policy of renegotiating contracts thereby offering all the squad who were on high wages reduced terms. Whilst they could refuse to sign, it is an indication that the club, especially under a wealthy backer, does not really want you and it is time to move on. I feel it highly suspicious that Hume stated he wanted to stay and now he is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669