Stearman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a complete and utter load of bollox this thread is. Several players could be blamed today e.g. Ngotty for the first goal, Hume effing the penalty up etc.

The bottom line is that if we don't get a result next weekend we will probably be relegated to div 3.

Stearman was good today and he is one of the only players who really does care about the club. I think the worst player we've put out all season and continue to is the twat Clapham. I think away from home he may be better to play than Mattock, but mattock is quicker and whips a quality ball into the box (WBA for example) meanwhile clapham is shit defensivley and can'tcross to save his life. He only plays as he once played for the Gas under ollie!!

I was surprised he didn't pick Mattock today, I know it's all about not wanting to chuck them in at the deep end and stuff, but he's been playing most of the season he knows what it's like. On top of that he is actually a Leicester lad, and might have actually given a shit.

Am I just going senile or was there a player who clapped the fans before Stearman did and got booed? I may have just been imagining things but I'm sure I saw/heard it.

The only other player apart from Stearman who bothered making any kind of recognition towards the fans was Clapham - not sure whether he was booed, he wasn't from where I was sitting.

Stearman was one of the best players today. Showed passion and desire for us to win and made a couple of great runs. There is no way you can blame him for their first goal, the rest of the team should be covering him. McAuley attempted this and was unlucky not to come away with the ball and the next in line of defense was N'Gotty who completely failed to make any kind of meaningful challenge and they scored.

Anyone else notice the fight in P2 at the end of the game? Stewards and police completely failed to notice and then when it was brought to their attention didn't do anything about it.

After the final whistle i blamed Stearman, but it seems he only gets the blame because he gets forward, wants to attack and gets a lot of ball, because he gets the ball he is bound to lose it/make a way wards pass.

No RS isnt to blame (even though i think it was his worst game this season).

Ollie was to blame no question, Why has he so much faith in fecking Howard - the worst striker Leicester has ever had, i want MDV back. Why play Hume on the wing? why take him off when eveyone could see he wanted the ball. Why play Hayles from the start?

Far from being the worst. A long way off in fact.

I agree. Clapham is a decent left back in my book and hasn't done much wrong since coming to the club. I actually think he's a better defender than Mattock.

As for the opening post about Stearman, I would have agreed with you if it was before that infamous Hull away game. Since then, however, I think he's actually been playing quite well. So I don't understand your views whatsoever if you're basing it on today's match.

In all honesty, I think the team - whoever has been picked - have been pretty dire. Today, however, N'Gotty, Howard and Hume have got to look at themselves. I thought that N'Gotty and, especially, Howard were dreadful (was Mark de Vries actually any worse?). They didn't look like they gave a flying **** about our club.

As for Hume, I'm not one of these tossers who goes "HUUUUUUUUUME" everytime he passes a ball 2 yards so he is no golden boy in my eyes. So for him to miss that penalty in the manner he did is unforgiveable in my opinion. You are not that good Hume. You are an average Championship player.

Last edited:
Clapham has far exceeded my expectations, I thought it was a terrible signing originally but he's been decent, certainly not anywhere near the worst player this season.

There are far more deserving players of that 'accolade', Howard, Newton or Cort, for example.

ScarboroughFox said:
Why has he so much faith in fecking Howard - the worst striker Leicester has ever had, i want MDV back.

4-4-2 said:
I thought that N'Gotty and, especially, Howard were dreadful (was Mark de Vries actually any worse?)

I certainly question the wisdom of letting MDV go and bringing in Howard for a whopping £1.5m. Especially with the evident effort being put in from MDV at the beginning of this campaign.

Last edited:
The bottom line is that if we don't get a result next weekend we will probably be relegated to div 3.

I am sorry to say that the bottom line is even lower than you think. At the time you wrote and at the time I reply, it is possible that we could win at Stoke and still go down!!

Im not saying he played badly melts, i thought he did quite well apart from being too advanced for the second goal, its the attitude that disgusted me. Yeah he applauded us, its an easy thing to do, a kop out. Where were the on-the-pitch bollockings of the half hearted? Where was the determination to stay up? Where was the never say die attitude? It was absent, and Stearman is the only player (with the exception of Mattock) I'd expect it from, and I was disappointed he didnt show it.

He's a kid. When I'm at work I don't start giving bollockings out to people 15/20 years older than me.

You are the problem with this club. The type of person who boo's when one of the young lads misplaces a pass 30 mins into the game, the type of person who boo's when Hayles name is read out pre match and the type of moron who would make he stupidest gesture ever of throwing a finished season ticket onto the pitch with 45 mins still to play. You my friend are exactly the problem with Leicester City.

He's a kid. When I'm at work I don't start giving bollockings out to people 15/20 years older than me.

You are the problem with this club. The type of person who boo's when one of the young lads misplaces a pass 30 mins into the game, the type of person who boo's when Hayles name is read out pre match and the type of moron who would make he stupidest gesture ever of throwing a finished season ticket onto the pitch with 45 mins still to play. You my friend are exactly the problem with Leicester City.

100% spot on mate.

To the original poster - slagging off the only player who gives a **** about this club is unforgivable. So what if he drives a decent car? I'm sure players like Steve Howard and Elvis Hammond are driving decent motors, yet they couldn't give a solitary shit about our club, our history or our plight.

He's a young lad, yet he shows dedication and maturity beyond his years.

He may turn in the occasional bad performance, but he's young and still learning. I hope he stays with us for many years to come.

As for you, if you don't like our best players, why don't you **** off? You could go and support d***y and cheer on Savage - close your eyes and it might just feel like the old days. t.w.a.t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669