Stephen ClemEnce

Status
Not open for further replies.
double-oh-stheven, licensed to kiccccccccccll

Clemence still has the chance of making the world cup squad, he just needs to make sure he gets match fit again and gets back to playing how he did at Birmingham.

Jones was woeful! We paid too much for him. Was it £3M? He got injured. He recovered. He tried too hard and ended up running round like a headless chicken and making bad challenges. He then permanently injured himself in one such challenge? Then he forced himself on us by becoming a pundit. No? I could be wrong, but those were my first thoughts on hearing his name. Someone who knows and has some sense, please educate me as I would hate to be doing him a disservice.

Clemence still has the chance of making the world cup squad, he just needs to make sure he gets match fit again and gets back to playing how he did at Birmingham.

Harbro, I have just changed my avatar to show you that no matter what... no matter how bad things get... each and every member of this forum feels your pain. We're here for you Harbro.

No, Jones'.

I actually think that both are acceptable, but I don't like your version!

you think wrong

Both are acceptable but in different contexts. (At least, I believe this to be the case)

Jones's means belonging to a singular Jones (as in the current discussion).

Jones' means belonging to lots of people, all called Jone. (So would be incorrent in the context of the current discussion).

bang on

Surely Jones' could mean belonging to a lot of people called Jones as well? :102:

Otherw*s* it would have to be Joness'.

No. It would be Joneses'.

heh heh

I like the way people guess

you think wrong

Depending on which website you choose, I think right!

With singular nouns ending in an s, you can add either 's or an apostrophe alone.
the witness's lie or the witness' lie (be consistent)

I'm going to have faith in my education and continue to talk about Matt Jones' injuries!

Maybe we should ask Kingy what he thinks - he is the resident expert.

Depending on which website you choose, I think right!

With singular nouns ending in an s, you can add either 's or an apostrophe alone.
the witness's lie or the witness' lie (be consistent)

I'm going to have faith in my education and continue to talk about Matt Jones' injuries!

Maybe we should ask Kingy what he thinks - he is the resident expert.

I am the resident expert.

I come on here at work and Im not strictly allowed to use the internet so most of my posts are rushed. I don’t always have time to spell check them or even give them much thought at all! (You would never have guessed).

That said my spelling can be awful at times, im big enough to admit that. I could do with a refresher course on punctuation as well!

Let’s just say there’s a difference between posting on here and handing in a university assignment.

I don’t begrudge pedantites (people who are pedantic); if they feel the need to correct my mistakes then by all means go ahead.

I used to take offense to it, although I do find it arrogant, it’s like water off a ducks back these days.

roast-duck.jpg

I am the resident expert.

I don’t begrudge pedantites (people who are pedantic); if they feel the need to correct my mistakes then by all means go ahead.

:018: Pedants :icon_bigg

Every day is a schoolday.

Particularly if it is term time and you are an age where you have to attend school. If that was me I would make a reference to my company IT policy restricting my access to this site so that people think I am old and wise and know my shizzle. I would then be treated with the utmost respect and not dismissed like a common retard.

Can't proof read this, the bell's gone. L8rs dudes.

I come on here at work and Im not strictly allowed to use the internet so most of my posts are rushed.

So, pretty much exactly the same as most other posters on here then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00