Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

From Rob Tanner in the Athletic

So how did Cooper win this race?

In the end, Leicester continued talks with Potter and Cooper. Potter was still very much in the frame on Tuesday but it became clearer that getting Cooper was the easier deal to do. With two weeks to go until the players return to start pre-season, Leicester seemed to run out of patience in the pursuit of Potter, where there were no guarantees for a positive outcome.

Potter may have been the initial plan, but Cooper has turned out to be the man.

This will have been a collaborative decision, discussed at board level and then with the club's Thai owner Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha.

Weak. I was hoping there was a better reason than that.

If the reason is that Potter was waiting for the England job then, fine, they're right not to wait. But if it's just that we wanted it done this week Vs next week and saved a few bob, it's ridiculous.

I hope Potter does get the England job, otherwise we've ****ed ourselves over.

Denmark showing what we can expect down the left next season…

Did we lose out on him? If I recall he found out first about us getting in MON when he was doing some Sky punditry. But my memory might be cheating.

Anyway I seemed to recall being please getting MON rather than Walker given the job he’d done at Wycombe
Mike Walker wasn't more desirable. We were very underwhelmed thinking he was going to be our manager. Some of us called and emailed John Elsome to say we wanted MON and to his credit he went and got him for us.

Don't rate him at this level. Forest spent an absolute fortune when they first went up which is rare fir a newly promoted side, they just about scraped survival despite that, he then had them hurtling towards relegation before getting the boot the season after and our lot are hoping he can keep us up in the midst of a points deduction, whilst not having a pot to piss in and likely having to offload players to try and prevent further FFP breaches....???

Would rather we gone down the up and coming untested route tbf and gone for Corberan/ Van Nistelrooy etc..

Appreciate he did a great job for Forest in the Championship but that's pretty irrelevant in the Prem.

Mike Walker wasn't more desirable. We were very underwhelmed thinking he was going to be our manager. Some of us called and emailed John Elsome to say we wanted MON and to his credit he went and got him for us.

You emailed John Elsom (assuming that is who you meant) in 1995? The Lcfc.com/.co.uk domains weren't even registered until 1997.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'd be surprised if a bloke of Elsom's age was embracing technology pre-95

Don't rate him at this level. Forest spent an absolute fortune when they first went up which is rare fir a newly promoted side, they just about scraped survival despite that, he then had them hurtling towards relegation before getting the boot the season after and our lot are hoping he can keep us up in the midst of a points deduction, whilst not having a pot to piss in and likely having to offload players to try and prevent further FFP breaches....???

Would rather we gone down the up and coming untested route tbf and gone for Corberan/ Van Nistelrooy etc..

Appreciate he did a great job for Forest in the Championship but that's pretty irrelevant in the Prem.
I don't think he had much say in any of that spending. They have a mad man owner who's deals smell more than mad Mandy's did here (and they ****ing stunk).

I don't think he had much say in any of that spending. They have a mad man owner who's deals smell more than mad Mandy's did here (and they ****ing stunk).

You think he'll get much say here? We've supposedly been lining up transfer plans before we've got the new man in and why Top was growing impatient with Potter. That's the way football clubs are run these days, the manager is just expected to be the coach. I don't really like it and it's one of the reasons I was hoping we'd get Graham Potter in as I like what I'd regarding his views on a few of Chelsea's big money transfers that they bought in against his recommendation....

Weak. I was hoping there was a better reason than that.

If the reason is that Potter was waiting for the England job then, fine, they're right not to wait. But if it's just that we wanted it done this week Vs next week and saved a few bob, it's ridiculous.
I hadn’t read the full article and missed this bit

What does his backroom staff look like?

This became a stumbling block when it came to recruiting Potter.

To bring in the former Brighton and Chelsea manager, he wanted his old coaching staff back of Billy Reid (assistant), Bjorn Hamberg (assistant coach), Bruno Saltor (assistant coach), Ben Roberts (goalkeeping coach) and Kyle Macaulay (recruitment). They went with him to Chelsea in September 2022 and most remain there. Chelsea would want compensation for those members of staff and it would have been a lengthier process to negotiate them being released from their contracts.

You emailed John Elsom (assuming that is who you meant) in 1995? The Lcfc.com/.co.uk domains weren't even registered until 1997.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'd be surprised if a bloke of Elsom's age was embracing technology pre-95
I distinctly remember emailing him but cannot recall the details. I worked in the computer industry and email was very much in its infancy. I might still have a record of it but it's unlikely.

Forest spent an absolute fortune when they first went up which is rare fir a newly promoted side, they just about scraped survival despite that
That can be spun in different ways. He was given like 24 players that he had to integrate, which I think hindered him more than anything, yet still managed to stay up.

I distinctly remember emailing him but cannot recall the details. I worked in the computer industry and email was very much in its infancy. I might still have a record of it but it's unlikely.
Well I'm sorry sunshine but I think you need to start searching for it. Seemingly this web of lies is now getting out of control. Either you ‘emailed’ him or you didn’t - and if you did, then we demand to see proof that it was both sent and received in order for you to be trusted and taken seriously ongoing.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57