Steve Cooper - LCFC manager

I'm not a fan of Cooper's appointment, but I am surprised how many of our fans are writing him off on the basis that they wouldn't want to shag him
**** off.

I've based almost every important life decision around those parameters.

Never did me any h...

Oh, right. Hang on.

Yeah. OK. I see your point.

****ing hell, I've wasted my life.

From that initial interview I think he comes across well. He has taken time out of the game he says to reflect on his managerial career and wait for the right opportunity- and we are it. I think that’s really important from our perspective. He talks of togetherness, the importance of teamwork and I think most importantly about players being comfortable in their positions. He also has a drive to develop the younger players, which is to our advantage with our set-up.
I also notice he touches his face a lot and is no more ugly than JV. Maybe together they can make one beautiful person.

I'm not a fan of Cooper's appointment, but I am surprised how many of our fans are writing him off on the basis that they wouldn't want to shag him
I don't think there are that many people writing him off.

And I'd give him a go if he asked nicely.

Interview on the LCFC app now - pretty standard stuff, not helped by the boring bland questions

But, by Jebus, he is one odd looking ****
The make up department had their work cut out

I don't think there are that many people writing him off.
I’d recommend reading this thread again. And the last few pages of the thread speculating who the new manager will be.

I’d recommend reading this thread again. And the last few pages of the thread speculating who the new manager will be.
There's a difference between folk being uninspired or disappointed by this and 'writing him off'. His record suggests that there is just as much chance he will be rubbish as he will be decent so people being wary is fine.

It's folk still being arsey and negative about a manager when he's got you top of the league and winning the Championship at his first attempt that's properly thick.

There's a difference between folk being uninspired or disappointed by this and 'writing him off'. His record suggests that there is just as much chance he will be rubbish as he will be decent so people being wary is fine.

It's folk still being arsey and negative about a manager when he's got you top of the league and winning the Championship at his first attempt that's properly thick.

You really don’t get it do you 🤣

The truth is no one knows.

Putting style of play to one side, mist were dubious about Enzo, and that turned out ok didn’t it.

Ranieri was widely written off as a “fir ****s sake” signing and that was ok wasn’t it.

Even looking at BR’s tenure overall we won a couple of things so overall, good.

Our record of recruiting very good managers is exceptional overall over the last 12 years or so bar the Smith era.

Even Puel served a purpose but was in my opinion on a hiding to nothing due to his transitional remit.

So, my point is, we don’t know so let’s give the guy a chance, get behind him vocally and you never know where that might take us do you?

not helped by the boring bland questions

Those same questions get asked of everyone that joins us, womens team too. I have no idea who the interviewer guy is or what he is employed to do but I can't imagine that interviewing new recruits is his principle role. Maybe he serves in the canteen as a rule.

"How excited are you to be joining Leicester City and do you want fries with that".

Potter Cooper did actually sound more human (to my ears) when he created some space away from those tedious questions and began to talk more freely. He's maybe not exciting but he's probably more in line with what we need right now. I hope the players respond well to him, that'll be key.

Last edited:
Those same questions get asked of everyone that joins us, womens team too. I have no idea who the interviewer guy is or what he is employed to do but I can't imagine that interviewing new recruits is his principle role. Maybe he serves in the canteen as a rule.

"How excited are you to be joining Leicester City and do you want fries with that".

Potter did actually sound more human (to my ears) when he created some space away from those tedious questions and began to talk more freely. He's maybe not exciting but he's probably more in line with what we need right now. I hope the players respond well to him, that'll be key.
Potter? WTF has he got to do with it?

Wouldn’t have been my choice but let’s give him a chance and I wish him all the luck . I wasn’t enamoured with his style at forest and he had a huge squad there.at least he’s not costing a fortune which is probably why we hired him

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00