Steve Cotterill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players don't go to clubs in the Championship because of the manager - they go for the 'package':
Manager
Chairman
Salary
Squad
Facilities
Likelihood of getting to show their boat at the London boat show
Promotion prospects
...ensuing transfer prospects
You have to get your foot in the door first,before you can offer a package.
Cot'trill may not be Kevin Keegan - but he's a couple of leagues from being Peter fecking Reid.

I'd hoped for better - I feared we'd get worse - I'll not be unhappy about this
You have to get your foot in the door first,before you can offer a package.

Peter Reid (wouldnt be my first choice by the way) has better contacts at a higher level than Steve Cotterill. imo.

Last edited:
Peter Reid ... has better contacts at a higher level than Steve Cotterill. imo.
I take it that you have contacts within the game yourself to make such an assertion?

Redknapp wanted Cotterill as his No.2 at one point - I would draw the conclusion that he carries a certain weight at that level.

Reid (for all of your claimed 'better contacts') only managed to pack out a Leeds team with bullshit players that even Martin Allen would have shunned.

Last edited:
I take it that you have contacts within the game yourself to make such an assertion?

Redknapp wanted Cotterill as his No.2 at one point - I would draw the conclusion that he carries a certain weight at that level.

Reid (for all of your claimed 'better contacts') only managed to pack out a Leeds team with bullshit players that even Martin Allen would have shunned.

I refer my honourable friend to the answer i gave earlier.:icon_wink

a good friend of mine works at a club where Reid was in charge, said he was a shocking manager. In fact, was considered 'part time' as he wasn't even therre that often. Didn't turn up to training, didn't watch reserve games, all he said he was really interested in was raising his profile and keeping his monkey head on Sky!

IMO the worst managerial appointment we could possibly make....

a good friend of mine works at a club where Reid was in charge, said he was a shocking manager. In fact, was considered 'part time' as he wasn't even therre that often. Didn't turn up to training, didn't watch reserve games, all he said he was really interested in was raising his profile and keeping his monkey head on Sky!

IMO the worst managerial appointment we could possibly make....

Maybe your friend should be a pundit on Sky.

I'll take that as a compliment :icon_bigg

But i retain the right to post in my 'own' way,regardless.

My sarcasm was directed at those that spout without any basis to what they're rattling on about. Fair play to you for digging a little deeper.

My sarcasm was directed at those that spout without any basis to what they're rattling on about. Fair play to you for digging a little deeper.

Youve spotted them aswell then :023:

Once again thanks for the compliment.I dont get many.:081:

Last edited:
As I said, we need a manager who will sign the likes of Haselbaink

You still going on about that?

Fowler has struggled to reach peak fitness or top form since joining Cardiff on a free transfer over the summer.

His partnership with fellow new recruit Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink has yielded just seven league goals so far, prompting to calls for Jones to drop the misfiring pair.

Jones accepts the partnership has failed to meet expectations, but he is confident the experienced duo can rise above the constant scrutiny and criticism.

"They could have scored got a lot more, and they can do better in that department," Jones told BBC Wales Sport

I don't know if Cotterill is hinting at anything, but in his good bye press conference, he said he would not be available for work tomorrow, but would be as of Monday.

I don't know if Cotterill is hinting at anything, but in his good bye press conference, he said he would not be available for work tomorrow, but would be as of Monday.

I noticed that as well. He said in the times today that he doesn't want to be out of football for six months and if someone offered him the job THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW (my emphasis) he would take it. In case it has escaped anyones notice, we are playing Burnley tomorrow. That kind of comment is almost certainly an indicator that he has already signed for city. Quite a few managers mentioning no names, Smegson have joined a club on Friday ony to watch the match on the sidelines on a Saturday. I think they are just trying to calm the Burnley fans He also said at the end of the article that HE WOULD LIKE TO BE IN A MANGERIAL POSITION BY MONDAY.

He might have been misquoted or taken out of context to be fair. But those are fairly big hints.

Almost forgot to mention about Mandaric changing his mind in the mercury on the managerial postion. He said on Monday he would like a new manager in by Saturday's game, then on Wednesday, said he probably won't have made his mind up by then, so maybe monday. Is it a coincidence that Cotterill had a meeting with his Chairman Wednesday night? See the times article.

Might be coincidence, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I still think Cotterill would be a boring, uninspired choice. Tigana would be exciting, as would Jewell. But if it's a case of beggers can't be choosers, I would still prefer Newell, or even Joe Royle, as at least his sides will play attacking football and not more of the same defensive dross instigated by Megson. Cotterill's teams are beyond dull.

Yes, it would be nice to pick up a few 0-1 away wins, but I'd rather see us playing attractive, attacking football to be honest. The result IS everything, but does that really mean we have to suffer yet more ten-man defences in order to get them?

I don't think it suggests anything other than he's incognito for the weekend and than back to the business of talking to possible employers on Monday. It's doesn't indicate he's signed for anyone.

To be honest if we ended up playing as organised as Burnley today, harrassing players when they have the ball and actually trying to make attempts on goal then I would be happy with that after the miserable ****ing dross I have had to endure for the last four seasons

To be honest if we ended up playing as organised as Burnley today, harrassing players when they have the ball and actually trying to make attempts on goal then I would be happy with that after the miserable ****ing dross I have had to endure for the last four seasons
If I were a Burnley fan, and we could only scrape a one goal win against the total dross called Leicester City, then I'd be disappointed and screaming for Cockerel to fcuk off an' all.

Don't want the cnut here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670