Steve Cotterill

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurchio

What does everyone think about Steve Cotterill as our next manager.

He is reportedly unhappy at Burnley after accusing them of having no ambition.

He did a good job when he helped out under Micky Adams and the players were reported to like him. results picked up under him if my memory serves me right.

He is a good solid manager who is keeping a steady club with no ambition in the league. At least are club has some ambition and i think he might jump at the chance to come to us.

So hes that unhappy is going to go to a club in the relegation zone? :icon_roll

Yorkshire Vixen said:
stranger things have happened :icon_bigg

For instance all the fans call for a manager to quit and then realise there arent any good replacement so just start saying ex players or managers that are doing well!! :102: :icon_lol:

Willlow said:
For instance all the fans call for a manager to quit and then realise there arent any good replacement so just start saying ex players or managers that are doing well!! :102: :icon_lol:

Whats your suggestion Willow?

Cotterill came in as a defence coach too. he'd be top of the list if we could afford him

Would be my choice if we could afford him, but then again if he resigned from Burnley..... :icon_roll :icon_bigg

Cotterill or Lennon would be my choice. I am suprised at home many articles are being written about the Lennon side, tho' Cotterill hasn't got any mention. Maybe get them both?!

Nathan said:
Cotterill came in as a defence coach too. he'd be top of the list if we could afford him

its settled then.... we give them Kinsnorbo as compensation :icon_razz

I think Cotterill is a very good shout, I don`t like the way Burnley play BUT it`s effective and they`re very hard to beat, a few boring 1 v 0 wins would be just what the doctor ordered right now !

Cotterill is surely more of a long-term appointment though..one we'd then have for a couple more seasons after this...not really someone to get in now who might fail, get us relegated and have bad will from the fans next season. At least Lennon would be given more grace by fans, and Reid wouldn't expect anything longer than a 5-month contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566