Steve Howard Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

Apprececiation For Steve Howard!!!

The man is getting old, got the legend status after his bullet header in the 90th min against Dirty Leeds that pretty much sealed promotion back to the championship.

Last season, he was in and out the team but working his butt off everytime he was on the pitch, he was excellent against Cardiff last season in the play-offs.

This season, He has been our best forward, scored goals, wins everything in the air, rallies the team on and again works his socks off.

In the last few seasons he has mixed reviews by the TBallers but after the season he was signed and got relegated with the foxes hes been excellent, Rightly deserved a new contract and I hope to see him join the foxes staff when he decides to hang up his boots.

I for one was thinking this oldie was never going to be good enough but he has proved me wrong!! So Stevie H i Appeciate you !!!

0,,10794~3740512,00.jpg

Rightly deserved a new contract and I hope to see him join the foxes staff when he decides to hang up his boots.

Not wanting to upset you but I'm pretty sure he said that when he finishes here he's going back to the North East

I appreciate........... that a variety of other 6 foot 2 journeyman, slow target men would do just aswell as Steve Howard. Some perhaps even better.
However, Steve Howard is the journeyman, slow target man that we have and has scored a couple of goals for us this season, with a couple from the penalty spot.

Let's not get carried away though. He's not the answer for us going forward and if we can get anyone in the January transfer window - he won't be starting many more games.
I appreciate his effort, i really do, as there are so many players that don't show enough desire. But he's not that good a player. He really isn't. I'd say he's not even in the top 15strikers in the championship.

I appreciate the goals/effort/ work he has given us but lets be honest he is slow, id swap him in a heartbeat for a younger quicker model

I appreciate the goals/effort/ work he has given us but lets be honest he is slow, id swap him in a heartbeat for a younger quicker model

Yes, but how many younger, quicker models have his strength and experience and are avaialble for less than £5million?

I overheard the wife say that to one of her mates the other day.

I'm fairly sure she was talking about Howard :icon_conf

I like Howard but he is our only real option as a target man. Unfortunately, in some games he tends to go missing and I think this is due to his lack of mobility.

Who has made the biggest impact at City out of Howard and Brian Deane? What do people think?

I like Howard but he is our only real option as a target man. Unfortunately, in some games he tends to go missing and I think this is due to his lack of mobility.

Who has made the biggest impact at City out of Howard and Brian Deane? What do people think?

No brainer. Brian Deane. :icon_bigg

I enjoyed watching Brian Deane in the season we went up more than any other recent player. He had the courage and power of Steve Howard with a first touch that Howard cannot match. In fairness part of Deane's success was due to players around him - Muzzy in midfield, Dickov alongside him and the unorthodox way Micky Adams used James Scowcroft.

However, Brian Deane had only one good season for the club and found ninety minutes difficult. Steve Howard has been a good Leicester player for much longer. I really thought he would be unable to play 90 minutes this season and never thought he could keep Waghorn out of the team.

There are interesting parallels between the two players. Both Deane and Howard were brought in to try and stop relegation and failed. Both helped get Leicester promotion in their first full season. Both were brought in by managers (Bassett and Holloway) whose judgement was often criticised by fans.

Both players joined Leicester at times of crisis and I am very glad they did.

Brian Deane without a shadow of a doubt. I think i'm right in saying he scored more goals in that championship season than Howard has for us in a single season so far, plus was an integral part of a promoted team.

Not that I'm having a go at Steve here, but Brian Deane was class for us that season!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469