Steve 'Isolation' Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.6 Muzzy Izzet...

I'm not sure if I can decide whether he's shite or if he is any good, generally speaking.

It seems that he has got worse after each performance.

He should have been subbed off against Sheff Wed, and I think he shouldn't start against Stoke because he's not the man we need up front right now.

But having said that I think he is a decent Championship striker: from his time at Luton and Derby. At Leicester, he has an inept/non supportive midfield (bar Bell) and a defence that keeps hoofing the ball somewhere in his direction, which people forever expect him to chase down. His partnerships upfront don't yielded much either.

When he's played with Hume or Fryatt they rarely get close to support/receive the ball off him. I think Howard has played better with DJ Campbell, who seems to read Howard better than the other two. However, this hasn't seen many goals, although has their partnership hasn't really been given a chance?

In the words of Joy Division's late lead singer, Ian Curtis:

''Mother I tried please believe me,
I'm doing the best that I can.
I'm ashamed of the things I've been put through,
I'm ashamed of the person I am.

Isolation.''

In many ways, he's just an isolated man.

So... are you blaming Steve Howard's mother for his shit performances then?

in my opinion he is a big waste of space,i dont buy this big/little partnership upfront.

the bloke offers nothing,even his headers are powder puff.

he is slow for a start,and his link up play is appalling,also you would think for a player who is suppose to be strong, his hold up play would bring the midfield in to play,but you very see this.

on saturday we needed a bit of pace,and you will never get it with this carthorse

in my opinion he is a big waste of space,i dont buy this big/little partnership upfront.

the bloke offers nothing,even his headers are powder puff.

he is slow for a start,and his link up play is appalling,also you would think for a player who is suppose to be strong, his hold up play would bring the midfield in to play,but you very see this.

on saturday we needed a bit of pace,and you will never get it with this carthorse

Are you talking about Ian Curtis or Steve Howard?

Now that you've put the thought in my head, I think so

I think we've cracked it then No. 6, the poor lad is obviously going into games knackered after all his mad dancing around in front of his mother.

He just needs to have a bit of a rest & take some antidepressants & everything will be okay.

TBH, I have wanted him here for years and I still say he's our best striker but I do think a season of nearly no striker support and service has left his confidence rotten. But he's been really dogshite of late.

even before he came here the derby fans was saying he was out of his depth in the prem,

at this level you would of thought he would do well for us,but maybe age has caught up with him.

at this level you would of thought he would do well for us,but maybe age has caught up with him.
If by "age" you mean "Holloway and Stowell", I think you are 100% bang on the money.

There seems to be this myth hanging around that he can actually head the ball.

He wins NO ****ING HEADERS.

Doesn't even try to win them most of the time.

On top of that he can't run, pass, shoot and never closes down.

All of that for 1.5 million pounds, what a deal that was.

I'm not sure if I can decide whether he's shite or if he is any good, generally speaking.

It seems that he has got worse after each performance.

He should have been subbed off against Sheff Wed, and I think he shouldn't start against Stoke because he's not the man we need up front right now.

But having said that I think he is a decent Championship striker: from his time at Luton and Derby. At Leicester, he has an inept/non supportive midfield (bar Bell) and a defence that keeps hoofing the ball somewhere in his direction, which people forever expect him to chase down. His partnerships upfront don't yielded much either.

When he's played with Hume or Fryatt they rarely get close to support/receive the ball off him. I think Howard has played better with DJ Campbell, who seems to read Howard better than the other two. However, this hasn't seen many goals, although has their partnership hasn't really been given a chance?

In the words of Joy Division's late lead singer, Ian Curtis:

''Mother I tried please believe me,
I'm doing the best that I can.
I'm ashamed of the things I've been put through,
I'm ashamed of the person I am.

Isolation.''

In many ways, he's just an isolated man.

:038::038::038: Top post

Won his far shair of headers on Saturday but had nobody running onto them. What counts against him is he doesnt chase down defender, do this 2/3 a match and the crowd would be on his side.

At the time, I recall questioning the sense of us signing him (and Oakley).

Not because I think they're especially shite or anything, just the fact that signing players whose confidence is shot and putting them into a team whose confidence is shot just seemed dumb.

In the main, people were very happy with both signings. In all honesty, both have been useless. Had they come into a side who were playing well and winning, they might have come good. In reality, it was like pouring water on an oil fire.

Obviously some of you only read certain threads ... for the third f'kin time .... Howard sent text messages to Derby players complaining about Holloways tactics, the lack of width and the ball just being pumped up to him. He lost all confidence in Holloway and his tactics and sounds like he has basically given up. Some of you sound like you are trying to find excuses for Holloways f**k ups ... well f'kin wake up and realise where the main problem is. We have a shit manager who is tactically inept and motivationally incompetent, not to mention some idiot fans who are willing to put with him for the sake of stability.

Obviously some of you only read certain threads ... for the third f'kin time .... Howard sent text messages to Derby players complaining about Holloways tactics, the lack of width and the ball just being pumped up to him. He lost all confidence in Holloway and his tactics and sounds like he has basically given up. Some of you sound like you are trying to find excuses for Holloways f**k ups ... well f'kin wake up and realise where the main problem is. We have a shit manager who is tactically inept and motivationally incompetent, not to mention some idiot fans who are willing to put with him for the sake of stability.

Agreed, but he is here and as a professional he should be trying his best whatever he thinks of holloway. Bet he still pulls his wages.

And he sent those texts according to who?

In any case its not an excuse for him being an abortion of a footballer.

Howard would do better if we had wingers who got to the byline and put crosses over,not sure if Bell does that but that is the service he needs IMO.He's been dissapointing but no more than anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669