Match Thread Stoke City v Leicester City (FA Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you shitting me? This is what I don't get.. what is the point of playing a weakened side, then introducing some of our better players towards the end of the game anyway...?? Baffling really.

Like I said yesterday, we weren't really expected to win this like we were the Huddersfield game but I have to question what Pearson is thinking for these cup games.

Maybe he's remembered that playing in a football match of any kind usually means trying to win it? Controversial i know.

Are you shitting me? This is what I don't get.. what is the point of playing a weakened side, then introducing some of our better players towards the end of the game anyway...?? Baffling really.

Like I said yesterday, we weren't really expected to win this like we were the Huddersfield game but I have to question what Pearson is thinking for these cup games.

I agree with your thoughts completely. And Nigel's seen the light too and now brought on Waghorn. We don't need to go for a replay after all.

Playing a weakened team gives the squad players valuable competitive action. Action that will keep them a) happy and b) sharp when they are called upon at some point in the future.

Er.. yeah, then why not start the ****ers to begin with like we do in the league?

For the usual bullshit modern reasons but maybe watching your team outplayed & losing flicks an internal switch that makes you remember you're supposed to try to win & you just think "**** this shite" & roll the dice.

Ah well, the league is more important.

I used to love 3rd round day.& so did everyone.Foul mood today.Do we have something like 4000 there today? Weakened side being outplayed is a nice reward for them isn't it? But hey **** you..you're just fans.

I frankly don't see how taking a hammering is good news for anyone,regardless of all the 'prioritising the league' shite.

If they went to the game expecting a first team to be played then more fool them. Pearson was honest about it and anyone with any sense would have predicted and understood why. A yearning for what the FA cup used to represent is not a good enough reason to bother further tiring players. Especially after the dip in form last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669