Match Thread Stoke v Leicester (FA Cup R3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, looks like he has learnt his lesson with regards to Iheanacho. At last.

I posted a guess at a much weakened team for this game and I wouldn't have been at all unhappy to see just that but having now seen the strength of this team, I quite like the thought of a manager wanting to compete on 3 fronts. It shows ambition.

If we lose though... that'll do shit all for confidence! He's taking a risk and I can't really criticise him for it.

Looks to me as though Stoke have made 6 changes compared to our 2.

Some old PL players in the Stoke line up - Shawcross, Allen, McClean, Obi Mikel, Clucas.

why will he not at least put some attackers on the bench from U23s instead of filling with defenders and dms? Luke Thomas and Iheanacho only players with any attacking ability out of 9 subs is baffling

Fuchs doesn't need to be there, Morgan doesn't need to be there, Hamza or Mendy don't need to be there...

why will he not at least put some attackers on the bench from U23s instead of filling with defenders and dms? Luke Thomas and Iheanacho only players with any attacking ability out of 9 subs is baffling

Fuchs doesn't need to be there, Morgan doesn't need to be there, Hamza or Mendy don't need to be there...

Because they are all absolutely garbage

Surely, we are not mixing the senior squad with the U23 squad due to COVID. It would be insanity if we are.

Surely, we are not mixing the senior squad with the U23 squad due to COVID. It would be insanity if we are.
use the same protocol as when senior players play in U23 games to get a game in, also we have known about this game for some time so could have had a couple isolate then join the first team squad but even within the first team squad there are still people like Slimani and Gray that would be better than having 3 Cbs, 2 LBs and 2 DMs on the bench

Ndidi and Castagne haven't played that much football this season. If you're going to rest players just because they're good we may as well not bother with this competition at all.
They’ve both recently come back from injury.

If that’s the logic, then why are we bothering with the Europa League?

They’ve both recently come back from injury.

If that’s the logic, then why are we bothering with the Europa League?
playing a week between games is fine, wouldn't have them playing 2 games in a week right now but hardly overloading them by playing this match

Lots of attacking flair in that bunch!

Interesting to me that Gray and Slimani can't get on the bench for this. We have packed the bench with defensive options which appears to be sending them a two word message the second word being 'off'.

Some people on this forum appear to criticise Rodgers whatever he does, leave him be and lets get on with supporting the players
if we have to chase this game what subs are going to change the match for us? its a part of game strategy and worthy of criticism, by picking a strong team he clearly wants to win so not giving himself attacking options past Iheanacho and an attacking full back doesn't help in that cause

It will be on one of the high channel numbers, but you should be able to get to it using the red button on a BBC channel.
What if I want to stream it through the Xbox I’ve got plugged into my sofa?

Good team, I’m looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265