Match Thread Stoke v Leicester (FA Cup R3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Justin at left back and Castagne at right back, it has to be a straight back four rather than the fluid 4/5 which we’ve seen recently.

Unless Castagne can fill in at centre back of course.

Castagne hasn't looked as good on the left in the couple of games he's played there. I thought that was maybe because he's not fully match fit so hasn't gone forward as much.

Had the same thought. Didn't like to criticise him when he's returning from injury on the left than he did before injury on the right.

A bit concerning since Justin is also better on the right, and Ricardo is still to return is our first choice right back... One of them will have to play on the left!

Had the same thought. Didn't like to criticise him when he's returning from injury on the left than he did before injury on the right.

A bit concerning since Justin is also better on the right, and Ricardo is still to return is our first choice right back... One of them will have to play on the left!
or play Thomas left back, Castagne/Justin RB and Ricardo right wing, he was effective there when he first signed for us

Players need to be rested when there are a lot of games in a short period of time. Not when they've not played for a week and won't play for another week.

You're right. I'm surprised still, but I went for a run and now I'm glad to see us go for it!

Let's go for the cup run.

Good point someone made about U23s potentially being a different bubble - I can only assume that is the case and that's why we're not putting any in at all and naming such a defensive bench.

Big sign to Gray, Slimani but also Nacho that they can't get in for this (for Nacho, he'd expect to start these). Thought we might give Ward a game too

or play Thomas left back, Castagne/Justin RB and Ricardo right wing, he was effective there when he first signed for us

Wasn't as impressed with him as a winger personally, think he's a better right back where he can run from deep and overlap. Adds an extra dimension to the attack.

And that still doesn't really solve the left back problem because Thomas isn't ready yet or would've played more already this season.

One of those 3 will have to be left back - assuming we persist with the recent system with switching 3-4 at the back, all 3 could be in the team.

Couple of wonderful corners from Albrighton

Who’d have thought it...

Couple of wonderful corners from Albrighton

Who’d have thought it...
You mean to say our best crosser of the ball delivers the best corner?

Shocked

Stoke should have scored. Woeful defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566