Match Thread Stoke v Leicester (FA Cup R3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but wot about our heroes ?

The great big bastard

Boooooooooooooooo.....

Played with a bit of swagger after the goal. Doing well bit still a bit fearful of Stoke at set pieces...

Vardy doesn't tend to play a 2 yard pass out for a throw in though.....

He's got it to the game a bit more but too lightweight to play up front on his own and not quick enough either, even Shawcross did him for pace.
Yeah. He was shit at it for Newcastle

They've got some big buggers in their side. We really don't want to be giving away free kicks/corners. I reckon we look comfortable enough otherwise.

Knight's scored and Muskwe's been booked for Wycombe, who are beating Preston 3-1.

Doesn’t the poppy represent a victory for freedom? Did I miss the part where it’s freedom for everything other than freedom of choice?

People who criticize him for exercising his freedom of choice to not wear a poppy need to read a history book.
might have originally now its a symbol for all fallen soldiers

Back on the game, only change I'd be tempted to make right now would be to take Fofana off for Soyuncu.

Fofana on a yellow and Soyuncu could do with the run out.

If not looking much more creative I'd like to see Nacho up top with Perez behind him.

Praet most likely to come off as BR loves to take him off after 60 mins but I'd give Youri the rest and drop Praet back there.

I saw Bobby Davro in one once

Utter ****
I saw him once too. We went to a comedy night. One of the comics couldn’t make it but randomly Bobby Davro was in the audience, and did an impromptu hour long set. I didn’t think much of him before hand but he did great and was the funniest act of the night. He was different gravy to everyone else. I still wouldn’t actively go and see him but respect for getting up with no prep and making everyone else look completely amateur.

He was hardly consistent there.

I'm pretty sure he also tended to play deeper - the 10/Okazaki role is his best position imo.

I definitely think we'd get the best out of him by making him our new Okazaki. That's exactly how I see his best role.

Playing in the hole, little dribbles, short and quick one-twos to create space. That's his game, and that's what Okazaki did well for us.

But Maddison offers far more there so Perez won't get a regular run there, but it's where he should be used when he does play.

Doesn’t the poppy represent a victory for freedom? Did I miss the part where it’s freedom for everything other than freedom of choice?

People who criticize him for exercising his freedom of choice to not wear a poppy need to read a history book.
It's our smaller version of the yanks having to stand for the national anthem

Back on the game, only change I'd be tempted to make right now would be to take Fofana off for Soyuncu.

Fofana on a yellow and Soyuncu could do with the run out.

If not looking much more creative I'd like to see Nacho up top with Perez behind him.

Praet most likely to come off as BR loves to take him off after 60 mins but I'd give Youri the rest and drop Praet back there.
Agreed, get soy on for at least 30.

I saw him once too. We went to a comedy night. One of the comics couldn’t make it but randomly Bobby Davro was in the audience, and did an impromptu hour long set. I didn’t think much of him before hand but he did great and was the funniest act of the night. He was different gravy to everyone else. I still wouldn’t actively go and see him but respect for getting up with no prep and making everyone else look completely amateur.
Did he have any brass hand material?

So, we want Bobby Davro up front then?

1610208386476.png

He was hardly consistent there.

I'm pretty sure he also tended to play deeper - the 10/Okazaki role is his best position imo.
In his last 3 season with them he scores 12, 10, and 13 goals. I'd say that's pretty consistent.

Those numbers don't set the world alight but let's remember who he was playing for and with....

I'm not suggesting he is in our best 11 by the way, just that he is a markedly better replacement up front than Iheanacho, who struggles to identify his own feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566