stray cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siouxsie

We seem to have acquired a cat. It turned up about 3 weeks ago, very thin, gungy eye, patchy fur. I suspect it's old as it walks badly and is quite deaf.

We tried to not encourage it but ended up feeding it left-overs out of sympathy. Since it now seems to refuse to go home I've pinched a couple of packets of food from my parents' cats.

No one seems to be missing a cat. I've asked around the neighbours and there are no notices around for a lost cat.

I'm not allowing it stay in overnight but since my children are on study leave they keep letting it in during the day.

Should I stop feeding it to encourage it to leave or take it in permanently? The latter I suspect might be an expensive option as I reckon it needs a trip to the vets. I didn't really want a cat - but it is cute.

We seem to have acquired a cat. It turned up about 3 weeks ago, very thin, gungy eye, patchy fur. I suspect it's old as it walks badly and is quite deaf.

We tried to not encourage it but ended up feeding it left-overs out of sympathy. Since it now seems to refuse to go home I've pinched a couple of packets of food from my parents' cats.

No one seems to be missing a cat. I've asked around the neighbours and there are no notices around for a lost cat.

I'm not allowing it stay in overnight but since my children are on study leave they keep letting it in during the day.

Should I stop feeding it to encourage it to leave or take it in permanently? The latter I suspect might be an expensive option as I reckon it needs a trip to the vets. I didn't really want a cat - but it is cute.

If it is old, give it some dignity until it snuffs it. The vets bills could be steep though. :icon_conf

A cheap dinner?

buy a couple of bricks and a hessian sack, quick trip down to the canal will save you a fortune

RSPCA is your best bet, they will take it and do what they can to give it a good life, if they can't then they will let it die with dignity and it won't cost you.

Should I stop feeding it to encourage it to leave or take it in permanently? The latter I suspect might be an expensive option as I
:102:reckon it needs a trip to the vets. I didn't really want a cat - but it
is cute.
whereabouts are you? There's loads of roaming cats around the county. They stick with you for a while and then they are gone, sometimes it's a day, other times a 6 weeks. Sounds like a roamer to me by the description. If you phone the RSPCA they will confirm if it's been spotted near you recently etc.

give it some fuss :)

It's hard not to, it's very affectionate, which makes me think it was someone's pet.

I've been told that old cats often go senile and forget where they live and how to get home.

buy a couple of bricks and a hessian sack, quick trip down to the canal will save you a fortune

says talkingballs top vegetarian, who thinks it's cruel to kill a cow to eat but will chuck a moggie in a canal..... :102::018:

It's howling outside my front door at the moment as I'm refusing to let it stay in overnight, in the hope that it might go back to its proper home.

If it continues to make such a noise I might be tempted by your suggestion.

(Or I might just give in and open the door)

Take it to the RSPCA at Leics and give a donation at the same time to help towards the bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669