Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you've signed it and I've signed it and Mrs Boc has signed it, why does the number of signatures still appear as "1"?

Wan't it a comedy drama on Channel 4 in the late eighties done by the Comic Strip?

If you've signed it and I've signed it and Mrs Boc has signed it, why does the number of signatures still appear as "1"?

Does it round up your collective IQ into whole time equivalents ?

It now says 2. Your signature is only registered after you respond to the confirmation e-mail, so presumably not everyone has done that yet

Does it round up your collective IQ into whole time equivalents ?

I'm going to let Mrs Boc know you said that. There's going to be trouble!

Too right

Damn those lazy good-for-nothing nurses, health workers, teachers and border control staff with their easy-peasy cushty jobs that anyone could do. Damn them all to hell

Certainly there are some public sector jobs which require a lot of training and know-how to do, but there is no shortage of people to take up those posts. But I don't agree that a lot of public sector jobs couldn't be done by 'anyone' else. Most of the people I know from uni who have failed in their chosen career path have gone on to become teachers after about a year's training. They are idiots. Anyone can teach. I don't know what you think is so taxing about border control either?

Just because they are being forced to pay more into their pension, work for longer than they understood they would have to, and receive less pension at the end of it (not to mention accept a continuing pay freeze), all to bail out a complete financial cock up created by Government and the private sector

Boo hoo. Not my problem. Every single taxpayer is paying for the sins of the government and the banks. The benefits of having a public sector job far outweigh any drawbacks they may have. I haven't got a pension and I won't be able to afford to start paying into one for at least two or three years.

How dare they complain, the feckless workshy oafs

Indeed. If I went on strike, I'd be sacked and replaced in the space of about a day. As it is, I work two jobs to pay the bills and have no pension at all and that doesn't look like changing for the next few years. If they want to strike, I've got no problem with that - that's their prerogative. But if they've then got the temerity to start moaning to me about how hard their lives and working conditions are, then they can **** right off.

Most of the public sector workers I know are striking today. Are they on the picket lines? No, the majority of them are doing their Christmas shopping or they're down the pub. Just another day off for them, so much for solidarity.

Although, It seems none of us has really considered the REAL impact of this strike? Because the schools were closed my paper lad obviously got up later and MY morning paper was over an hour later than normal. Bastard strikers do they consider how the rest of us cope with theor selfish behaviour. I think not. Bastartds, bastrads, bastrads.

The two Ed's love all this. After their scorched earth policies left us in the mire

I suppose that's true, in a way. Labour should have nationalised retail banking and let the rest go to the wall rather than forking over cash to prop up the banks. Then we wouldn't have this deficit.

Sadly, the ConDems seem to be have learnt and still like to shovel money to the banks.

Too right

Damn those lazy good-for-nothing nurses, health workers, teachers and border control staff with their easy-peasy cushty jobs that anyone could do. Damn them all to hell

Just because they are being forced to pay more into their pension, work for longer than they understood they would have to, and receive less pension at the end of it (not to mention accept a continuing pay freeze), all to bail out a complete financial cock up created by Government and the private sector

How dare they complain, the feckless workshy oafs

I hate them

They have a definite pension? Lucky ****ers.

True, a lot of the teachers at my kids' school are fecking useless.

You get what you pay for.

Certainly over here teachers are underpaid and overworked. The wages can't compete with the private sector and so the best and brightest **** off to the banks.

You seem to have a very distorted view Indie. I'm not quite sure what benefits you perceive outweigh the drawbacks of low pay, a constant threat of redundancy, daily threats of assault or intimidation, dealing with over 1500 'customers' who, at any given time, could remove me from my job, suspend me and ensure that I never work in my chosen career again just because they fancy causing some trouble. Yes, it's such a wonderful cushy life working in teh public sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669