Striker set to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

OS said:
Striker Set To Sign

Leicester City are poised to make a move for striker Jani Sturm from Slovenian side ND Gorica.

The 23-year-old has agreed terms with the Foxes, and it is hoped that the deal will be completed for the start of the 2005-06 campaign.

Sturm was in the Gorica side that faced Monaco in a Champions League qualification clash earlier this season after they won the Slovenian league title in 2004.

City boss Craig Levein said: "We are currently negotiating the completion of the deal and we don't foresee any problems with it.

"The idea is that he can come over in the next few weeks or so and get a feel for it."

This is the Slovenian wonderkid. :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

So the accolades aren't Raining in on my little quips. Never mind, when Durham Fox gets Wind of news of a new striker it will be Snow laughing matter. As we all Hail the new Jani :-D

0,,10274~541683,00.jpg

Name: Jani Sturm
Nationality: Slovenian
Squad Number: 20
DOB: 20/03/1982
Height: 182cm (5' 9")
Weight: 73kg (11st 5lbs)

He scored twice in Champions League qualifiers this season.

School's out Webbo, Its the Easter Hols!!! :roll:
Anyway, Jani should Breeze into our first team, might put a Cloud over Tommy Wrights future, but if he scores the goals , it'll put a Warm Front amongst the fans.........

OK, I'm going now..... ;-)

We have had a turbulant time this season but the winds of change are sweeping through the walkers stadium.

We can slag off the slovinian league all we want but 70 goals in just over 100 appearances is good by anyones standards. the lad has a lso played in the champions league so there is a lot to be positive about. As long as the goals in slovinia have two uprights, a crossbar and the old onion bag attached, he should be able to hit the bloody thing as well over here as he has in his homeland.

Of course he could just be a sturm in a tea cup :roll:

A poster on another forum said:
Call me cynical, which I am, but the timing of this announcement, considering it's not done and dusted seems a tad too convenient to be happening prior to the imminent availablility of season tickets.

Just a thought

He is cynical with good reason. This announcement as he rightly points out serves at least one function and probably two. One as he say the season ticket angle and to my way of thinking it takes some sting out of the shirts debate. :roll: :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

highland fox said:
Does he play for Slovenia?

I don't think so. :? :? :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

It's probably been posted now by the club so that later on they can post a "Get STURM printed on your new LCFC shirt now! We don't know what number he'll be but just have a guess anyway! Buy your new shirt now for £35.99!" story, because y'know, we havn't had a shirt story in a couple of days :)

Levein described in the Q&A as a dickov style striker - not sure what that means but i hope it means he works hard and finishes well, not all the other stuff that came with him.

don't think he's a big enough name to increase season ticket sales to be fair :?
i'd be cynical if we announced "unsettled Viera keen on foxes switch".
you heard it here first... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670