Sturrock Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wigley

Southampton have confirmed Steve Wigley as the permanent successor to Paul Sturrock.

Wigley has surprisingly been given the position of head coach at St Mary's following the departure of Sturrock by mutual consent on Monday.

Prior to Sturrock's appointment in March, Wigley took control of the first team for two games before returning to his position of academy director.

He has now been handed the reins of the Southampton first team on a longer basis after the upheaval on the South Coast.

I read the threads posted on this forum most days, and sit at my computer with a knowing smile on my face and think what a fickle bunch of supporters we have got, then I carry on with my work. :roll:
Now it is getting beyond a joke. :evil:
To whom it may concern,
Why are you so incessant on trying to undermine everything that Micky Adams is doing for this club? Why are you trying to force him out of the club? Why do you think we have a god devine right to be in the top flight? (Look at our history!) If you are successful in ousting Micky, who do you think will want the job (Be realistic about who we can get)? Then when you have analysed that you might just realise that, whilst things aren't going our way at the present a knee jerk reaction will not take this club forwards to the premiership where we all want to be. (Micky himself stated he doesn't want top 6 but top 2. Doesn't that show ambition?)
For those that wish to know, I am not wearing rose tinted glasses, I haven't had 1 pint too many. I am Leicester through and through. When we nearly went to the wall, how many of you thought about who you would follow then. Personally I would of given up on football. To me football couldn't exist without my beloved Leicester City, Because "I AM LEICESTER UNTIL I DIE". (Hopefully that wont be for a few more seasons :wink: )

xsubmariner said:
I read the threads posted on this forum most days, and sit at my computer with a knowing smile on my face and think what a fickle bunch of supporters we have got, then I carry on with my work. :roll:
To whom it may concern,
Why are you so incessant on trying to undermine everything that Micky Adams is doing for this club? Why are you trying to force him out of the club? Why do you think we have a god devine right to be in the top flight? (Look at our history!) If you are successful in ousting Micky, who do you think will want the job (Be realistic about who we can get)? Then when you have analysed that you might just realise that, whilst things aren't going our way at the present a knee jerk reaction will not take this club forwards to the premiership where we all want to be. (Micky himself stated he doesn't want top 6 but top 2. Doesn't that show ambition?)
For those that wish to know, I am not wearing rose tinted glasses, I haven't had 1 pint too many. I am Leicester through and through. When we nearly went to the wall, how many of you thought about who you would follow then. Personally I would of given up on football. To me football couldn't exist without my beloved Leicester City, Because "I AM LEICESTER UNTIL I DIE". (Hopefully that wont be for a few more seasons :wink: )

I love you.

xsubmariner said:
To whom it may concern,

I don't want a knee jerk reaction. I don't want Micky out. However, what ever colour glasses your wearing, you should be able to see that things have started badly. If things improve, that's great -but by the time we get to the beginning of October we will know whether the team is in a rut of playing crap football and getting poor results. At that point, Micky will still be a likeable personality -but not too many people are likely to be satisfied with the outcomes from a squad that appears -on paper - to be capable of much better things.

Now we know MA is staying lets cut the crap and get on with winning a promotion place!

Consistancy is what we want and the best teams have a manager for many seasons and who can do better with NO MONEY!

Get a life you moaning lot!

if leicester went to the wall i personnaly would have followed england and my local bezzer homes (or Dr martins) league team Atherstone as i watched them as a kid, before my dad would take me to the big games, but it wouldn't be the same.

for me following england, is much like following leicester (apart from the away games are alot more expensive to get to) the fans have a club like atmosphere, no one cares where your from, who are, what "firm" your from as long as your there for england.

xsubmariner said:
To whom it may concern,

now let that be an end to all this nonsense

the only thing that bugs me about MA is the way he refers to himself as " Micky Adams " when he's being interviewed, as if it's a someone else that he's referring to. but that's gettin off subject a small bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363