Sturrock is targeted by Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has done a good job at all his clubs expect when at saints and he wasn't exactly given much time. Doubt Mandy will give him it either.

But he hasn't cut it at his level, I am a bit tentiative because of that.

He looked like he was going to be a good manager at one stage, but he spoiled it at Sheffield Wednesday.

Many at Wednesday said it was a mistake to sack him as he looked to be getting to grips with the job but wasn't backed by his chairman.

Seems a long shot IMO.

His promotion record speaks for itself, not a name I would have thought of to be honest. However, I can't help remembering his time at Soton in the Premiership.

Of course I have, but the way people are going on you'd think the new manager would be picking up his P45 by the end next week!

Would be no different than offering Micky Adams another chance, except for the fact Adams has distinguished himself once at this level before.

Would be a poor selection and a total contradiction to the qualities and experience MM said he was keen to secure.

But not from the championship, big risk for me.

Fair enough, but who is there with that sort of record who we could attract? We’re either going to be attracting managers who have had success in lower leagues or ones who have had some sort of failure (possibly as well as some success) in the Premiership (e.g. Dowie, Reid, Megson etc. etc.) Why would a manager who has had success in the Premiership be interested in us when they are likely to be on the short list of any Premiership club who sacks their manager before Christmas?

Fair enough, but who is there with that sort of record who we could attract? We’re either going to be attracting managers who have had success in lower leagues or ones who have had some sort of failure (possibly as well as some success) in the Premiership (e.g. Dowie, Reid, Megson etc. etc.) Why would a manager who has had success in the Premiership be interested in us when they are likely to be on the short list of any Premiership club who sacks their manager before Christmas?

Dowie, Warnock, maybe even Boothroyd (long shot) would be better alternatives than Sturrock, and if we are prepared to take another gamble on a manager with a successful lower league record then I would prefer Grayson or Gary Johnson.

Dowie, Warnock, maybe even Boothroyd (long shot) would be better alternatives than Sturrock, and if we are prepared to take another gamble on a manager with a successful lower league record then I would prefer Grayson or Gary Johnson.

I too would have no problem with either Grayson or Johnson who, as I said, have had success but only in lower leagues.

Warnock - it's a terrible reason, but I just hate the bloke. He's ignorant, likes to give his opinions on things that he knows nothing about and... I just hate the bloke.
Dowie - Failed in the Premiership - admittedly he wasn't given enough time, but arguably neither was Sturrock in his failings.
Boothroyd - no chance, no way and never would he leave Watford for us IMO. That said, if MM really can pull it off, I would be ecstatic.

Having worked for Rupert Lowe, it is unlikely Sturrock would even consider working for MM.

Start waking up to the fact the we are likely to end up only with the extremely desperate or currently unemployed.

Good points here.

I presume he's looking at managers who are already employed as he said it would be a couple of weeks before an appointment is made.

Let's call in the Steve team, Steve Claridge, Steve Walsh and Steve Thompson in a triple Steve management team!

STEVE!

If it is true then MM was serious when he said it may take 20 managers to get it right

Ive heard Martin Allen is out of work at the moment, could be worth a shot :102:
For the love of everything Holy!

Why is it that we get linked with every no-mark from Lands End to Luffbru' when we have a vacancy.

This so-called Martin Allen would be a terrible choice...look how he's flown through clubs and the pathetic short period of time he was in his last position.

Anyway, I'm convinced he is now running a successful gardening business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669