Sturrock is targeted by Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should we be able to do better. You have to earn the right to be superior - and we haven't been at the races for at least two seasons.
Time for a reality check.

True. But equally fair to say why would anybody currently employed come to us knowing that MM would probably end up changing them for someone else. If they are currently out of a job then they have nothing to lose. Otherwise...

Why should we be able to do better. You have to earn the right to be superior - and we haven't been at the races for at least two seasons.
Time for a reality check.

Point taken. But, if we are not able to turn round to a potential manager and say 'look, here is a club that has been underperforming, has a great fanbase that will fill out this 30,000 seater stadium week after week if you bring success, you will have money to strenghten the team in January and we want you to put us in the Premiership' and attract somebody better than Paul Sturrock then we are well and truely fecked!

Seems to me, we're fecked! :biggrin:
Swindon say, "No way". We can't even get Sturrock.

Last edited:
Boring, Boring, Boring,
Sturrock has only got lower league teams promoted so there for he is in the same bracket as Allen really.

I thought we were going for someone with a bit more experience, the only difference between these two is that Sturrock is older, they have both managed in the lower leagues, but i wouldnt say that he`s (Sturrock) is any wiser or knows anymore about the game than Allen.

I`d like to add that i reckon Allen would of got us to where we want to be, and for me Sturrock wont do this.

Its not a load of bollux M17TT C, Its just a fact and to the point!

Its not a load of bollux M17TT C, Its just a fact and to the point!

I hadn't even read your post when I posted my views on the Sturrock situation.

But after careful consideration, I would say that my post wraps up yours quite well, along with the title of the thread. ;)

Boring, Boring, Boring,
Sturrock has only got lower league teams promoted so there for he is in the same bracket as Allen really.

I thought we were going for someone with a bit more experience, the only difference between these two is that Sturrock is older, they have both managed in the lower leagues, but i wouldnt say that he`s (Sturrock) is any wiser or knows anymore about the game than Allen.

I`d like to add that i reckon Allen would of got us to where we want to be, and for me Sturrock wont do this.

Don't think MA ever actually got Brentford or MK promoted though, where as Storrock has got promtions in 4 out of the previous 6 seasons.

This whole thing concerns me.
A quick fix manager with orders to get promotion with a group of misfits thrown together. We get promotion and MM fecks off with job done, and then the Leicester City castle crumbles from its sand foundations to return back to the championship with no prospects again.

A quick fix manager with orders to get promotion with a group of misfits thrown together. We get promotion and MM fecks off with job done, and then the Leicester City castle crumbles from its sand foundations to return back to the championship with no prospects again.

But BB, if MM sells, another buyer will then have his own interests in the club to look after and keep us up. In fact the next buyer will or should be richer than MM

I honestly don't think that this is a concern. It didn't happen to Portsmouth and I don't believe it will to us. I am convinced that Milan wants to be the saviour of Leicester City. I may argue with some of his methods, but I do trust his integrity.

I honestly don't think that this is a concern. It didn't happen to Portsmouth and I don't believe it will to us. I am convinced that Milan wants to be the saviour of Leicester City. I may argue with some of his methods, but I do trust his integrity.

But they came to within a gnat's fart of it happening.

Im getting a bit bored of it now I just wan't a manager that I don't dislike sharpish. He has a good promotion record but not in this division or higher which concerns me a little.
He's the best manager outside (below) the championship in my opinion.
Overall i doubt it because mandaric said he was going for someone who had experience of success in this division, or something of that meaning :)

Sturrock doesnt do it for me..Thats in the same club as Roeder megson wanker and Reid for me.
If MM does want a manager with premiership experience then why not approach Wales for Roy Evans cos imo he did well at liverpool and is an assistant coach with Wales so why not give him a chance or someone along those lines

Sturrock doesnt do it for me..Thats in the same club as Roeder megson wanker and Reid for me.
If MM does want a manager with premiership experience then why not approach Wales for Roy Evans cos imo he did well at liverpool and is an assistant coach with Wales so why not give him a chance or someone along those lines

Good shout.

Echo's my feelings about Sturrock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673