Super Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why you and so many others think he's so good, and i'm astonished how you can possibly relate him to Lennon. Lennon was probably about our best player in a good PREMIERSHIP side and Gudjonnsson is not a bad player in a team who is 19th in the CHAMPIONSIP.

If you think he's so good why are we 19th in the championsip, why are we losing so many and why are we conceding so many goals. With a so-called 'excellent defensive midfielder' you wouldn't expect those statistics.

About the passing-I'm not talking about these long passes that he does. I mean I would expect any proffesional footballer to knock a ball across the pitch to an unmarked player. I mean Nalis can do that for god sake. I'm talking about these aimless 5/10 yard passes that just go straight to the opposition which is so frustrating, along with this stupid sideways and backwards passing that they try but always fail to do. We are not good enough to that. It's the same every time-the likes of Nalis,Dabizas, Gemmil, and Gudjonnsson start pratting about with the ball by knocking it backwards and sidewards then just stupidly give it way and we're left with two quick forwards two on two running against dublin and Dabizas. The likes of Williams, Tiatto, and Hughes actually drive at the oppostion and go forward.

Shooting-less said the better. Did anyone see his shooting in the warm up on Sunday? I remember in a warm up at home where he was taking corners and he couldn't lift it off the ground and when he did it just went out of play. It was laughable.

Where does that leave us-tackling. Well I would much rather have Tiatto in there than him as you can be assured there not going to get by him easily and I think he has a little bit more pace aswell. Levein might aswell buy another defensive midfielder to settle the issue.

In conclusion this is a player who first Aston Villa and then Wolves didn't want who can't shoot or pass and not the best tackler in the team who everyone is raving about.

As long as he stays in the heart of our midfield I will not be satisfied and I'm not sure we will improve loads either.

Leicester fan said:
I don't know why you and so many others think he's so good, and i'm astonished how you can possibly relate him to Lennon. Lennon was probably about our best player in a good PREMIERSHIP side and Gudjonnsson is not a bad player in a team who is 19th in the CHAMPIONSIP.

If you think he's so good why are we 19th in the championsip, why are we losing so many and why are we conceding so many goals. With a so-called 'excellent defensive midfielder' you wouldn't expect those statistics.

About the passing-I'm not talking about these long passes that he does. I mean I would expect any proffesional footballer to knock a ball across the pitch to an unmarked player. I mean Nalis can do that for god sake. I'm talking about these aimless 5/10 yard passes that just go straight to the opposition which is so frustrating, along with this stupid sideways and backwards passing that they try but always fail to do. We are not good enough to that. It's the same every time-the likes of Nalis,Dabizas, Gemmil, and Gudjonnsson start pratting about with the ball by knocking it backwards and sidewards then just stupidly give it way and we're left with two quick forwards two on two running against dublin and Dabizas. The likes of Williams, Tiatto, and Hughes actually drive at the oppostion and go forward. Gudjohnsen is a denfensive midfielder, hence the reason he doesnt tend to 'drive at the opposition and go forward'

Shooting-less said the better. Did anyone see his shooting in the warm up on Sunday? I remember in a warm up at home where he was taking corners and he couldn't lift it off the ground and when he did it just went out of play. It was laughable.

Where does that leave us-tackling. Well I would much rather have Tiatto in there than him as you can be assured there not going to get by him easily and I think he has a little bit more pace aswell. Levein might aswell buy another defensive midfielder to settle the issue.

In conclusion this is a player who first Aston Villa and then Wolves didn't want who can't shoot or pass and not the best tackler in the team who everyone is raving about.

As long as he stays in the heart of our midfield I will not be satisfied and I'm not sure we will improve loads either.

A. We are 19th in the championsip because we had a dreadful start to the season where nobody was playing well.

B. One man does not make a team. There are several players behind Joey who should take responsibility for the goals that we have conceded of late.

C. Joey can't pass - erm, well I think you'll find he can. Infact I think you could find plenty of accurate passes that he made on Sunday. You also mention sideways and backwards passes - you don't have to pass forwards - sometimes its about keeping possesion.

D. Tackling, yep he can do that as well.

In conclusion this is a player the Aston Villa and Wolves wanted in the premiership. He played in the Spanish premier league for Real Betis and was signed for 3 million pounds. He is also playing well for us at the moment.

Just a quick question, he didn't run over your cat at the weekend did he!!?

Thanks Micky

I could have had a field day with his reply but i decided to bite my lip and walk away, like all good, battling ball-winning midfielders should.

I thought i would let others do the talking for me...

What amazes me is that he doesnt mention the goals he has scored but the corners he took during a warm-up...i'll stop there.

Micky said:
Leicester fan said:

About the passing-I'm not talking about these long passes that he does. I mean I would expect any proffesional footballer to knock a ball across the pitch to an unmarked player. I mean Nalis can do that for god sake. I'm talking about these aimless 5/10 yard passes that just go straight to the opposition which is so frustrating, along with this stupid sideways and backwards passing that they try but always fail to do. We are not good enough to that. It's the same every time-the likes of Nalis,Dabizas, Gemmil, and Gudjonnsson start pratting about with the ball by knocking it backwards and sidewards then just stupidly give it way and we're left with two quick forwards two on two running against dublin and Dabizas. The likes of Williams, Tiatto, and Hughes actually drive at the oppostion and go forward. Gudjohnsen is a denfensive midfielder, hence the reason he doesnt tend to 'drive at the opposition and go forward'

A. We are 19th in the championsip because we had a dreadful start to the season where nobody was playing well.

B. One man does not make a team. There are several players behind Joey who should take responsibility for the goals that we have conceded of late.

C. Joey can't pass - erm, well I think you'll find he can. Infact I think you could find plenty of accurate passes that he made on Sunday. You also mention sideways and backwards passes - you don't have to pass forwards - sometimes its about keeping possesion.

D. Tackling, yep he can do that as well.

In conclusion this is a player the Aston Villa and Wolves wanted in the premiership. He played in the Spanish premier league for Real Betis and was signed for 3 million pounds. He is also playing well for us at the moment.

Just a quick question, he didn't run over your cat at the weekend did he!!?

Absolutely right Micky - he was a man mountain against Charlton, and as for your comment on his shooting, well, that's just silly... I don't think you can go to many games really...

We're actually 19th because we haven't been scoring goals. I think we have let in roughly the same number as Sunderland yet they are second! The difference is that they convert their chances!

Bummer!

You can say what you like but I think it emphasises my point that him going off at half time last night and Danny Tiatto coming on coincided with our come back.

Leicester fan said:
You can say what you like but I think it emphasises my point that him going off at half time last night and Danny Tiatto coming on coincided with our come back.

.... or was it the change in formation :?: :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Leicester fan said:

Even if that did make a difference last night, you are talking about one game.

A. We are 19th in the championsip and were higher than that under Micky its our players ambition that is keeping us low in the league and because we have players such as Joey giving the ball away.

B. One man does not make a team I think that you'll find one man does make a team but unfortunately we don't have that one man. Just look at Chelsea without Robben they don't win so convicingly.

C. Joey can't pass - He can't clearly his passes just gove possesion to the other team simple passes that even I could do our turned into a task for Joey.

D. Tackling if you consider tackling as foulin then yeah he's great at this but if you want him to win the ball then afraid not as they would have a free-kick and if he continues playing infornt of the defence then we'll suffer from them.

I agree totally. I thought he was crap again today. It's also just this stupid giving away of the ball that he does. He gave the ball away for their second goal and let them in loads of other times. He's not even a tough tackler, he's too lightweight. He's shit. CL should have played Williams instead.

Although I thought he was good tonight, that he has improved since CL has arrived, I still feel he lacks a little bit of something. :smt102 :? :? :? :-(

Leicester fan said:
I agree totally. I thought he was crap again today. It's also just this stupid giving away of the ball that he does. He gave the ball away for their second goal and let them in loads of other times. He's not even a tough tackler, he's too lightweight. He's shit. CL should have played Williams instead.

I can't imagine that happening alot unless we play a five man midfield, playing Hughes and Williams would leave the back four vulnerable at times. You can say that Joey leaves the back four vulnerable at times, but there are certainly occasions when he has eased the pressure on a vulnerable back four.

I suppose the fact that for him it was the third game he had started in a week didn't matter much? Or that Levine chose him on each game? I thought he played well until he tired, for me Tiatto was giving the ball away far more, shall we all have a go at him now? Useless bald Aussie twat, can't pass to save Joe Fox's life.... :roll:

Agreed I think Tiatto has been very poor recently but did start the season well. That could have been because everyone else around him was playing crap and he has been one of the recent underperformers in the team after Gudjonnsen obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669