Surrey away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

Won toss & bowl at Oval. Seems a very odd decsion at the Oval.

Next odd decision.... White preferred to Naik in all rounder slot. Firstly, White does not bowl much & is pretty ineffective when he does & secondly the Oval is notorius as a spinning wicket come day 3 & 4 as proven last season when Henderson & Naik spun them out!

Next odd decision.... White preferred to Naik in all rounder slot. Firstly, White does not bowl much & is pretty ineffective when he does & secondly the Oval is notorius as a spinning wicket come day 3 & 4 as proven last season when Henderson & Naik spun them out!

I was thinking that they saw Cobb as the second spinner, he's been bowling a lot in the seconds. But I agree with you. Not fair on either to drop after their performances against Derby but naik would seem to be the more logical option.

Some familiar trends today - a sub-200 first innings total and Ramprakash 50 not out against us!

More terrible batting, other than Taylor. Unfortunately Jefferson won't be available again for the 40 over match tomorrow as they are protecting his injury, we could really do with him in the one day game too.

Apparantely Will Jones from Cardiff Uni is in the squad for tomorrow too. Bare bones, with Smith in college, Thakor in school and Nixon/New injured as well.

Obviously - we didn't anticipate the game going into day 4!

The problem of lack of numbers let alone quality has emerged even faster than I feared.

In addition to the current problems - how long is Hoggard going to be able to sustain playing in all formats and bowling a fair number of overs - game after game; similarly Malik who I previously thought might be more or less spared one day cricket?

Also there is the issue of fielding particularly in limited overs games - we have a worryingly high percentage of near-passenger fielders resulting from age and injury prone situations. I thought this was very obvious in the CB40 game with Durham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566