Suspected suicide bomber shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth you mean. :icon_wink

An interesting debate me thinks...cutting through all the emotional stuff i think it is fair to say the police get it right more times than they get it wrong and probably by an overwhelming %.

The week before Stockwell a bomb blew up a bus and killed innocent civilians, the police must have been under extreme pressure to not let this happen again, they got it wrong, none of us know how many times they've got it right since then.

I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt!

To post that all police are c***s is pathetic, it's a generalisation that breeds hate towards a 'group' of people who the majority are doing at least a very good job in difficult times.

I think we need to get some prespective for f***s sake.

An interesting debate me thinks...cutting through all the emotional stuff i think it is fair to say the police get it right more times than they get it wrong and probably by an overwhelming %.

The week before Stockwell a bomb blew up a bus and killed innocent civilians, the police must have been under extreme pressure to not let this happen again, they got it wrong, none of us know how many times they've got it right since then.

To post that all police are c***s is pathetic, it's a generalisation that breeds hate towards a 'group' of people who the majority are doing at least a very good job in difficult times.

I think we need to get some prespective for f***s sake.

Spot on :038:

Last edited:

Benefit of the doubt?!?!?

They are professionals and they deserve nothing more or less than to be accountable for the unlawful killing of an innocent man.

Benefit of the doubt?!?!?

They are professionals and they deserve nothing more or less than to be accountable for the unlawful killing of an innocent man.

they are accountable and were found not guilty, doyou really think the ones responsible for killing john Charles are living easily with their actions? It was not a decision taken lightly surely? All this sanctamonious bullshit just clouds the facts - they made a mistake.

I personally would prefer they make 1 mistake and get 9 right than the other way round. Ideally I would like them to get it right all the time but this is just pie in the sky.

Until suicide bombers wear a uniform and carry a plackard saying 'suicide bomber on the way to blow people up' then mistakes will happen. It's a sad inducement (spell) on the violent and covert society in which we live.

After all this time I still can't see how anyone can blame the man who shot him.

wait till you have some dealings with them then you will realise!

and to say they deserve the benefit of the doubt is complete bullshit, they are PROFESSIONAL or so they say, what would you think if they shot someone close to you? Would you give them the benefit of the doubt then?

Did I say that?

wait till you have some dealings with them then you will realise!

and to say they deserve the benefit of the doubt is complete bullshit, they are PROFESSIONAL or so they say, what would you think if they shot someone close to you? Would you give them the benefit of the doubt then?

your point of view is based from an emmotional prespective ((I think)) and not from a 'cold' point of view. I can only say what I said in my first post.

I know a few coppers at all levels and they are human beings and very professional and thoughtful people, they are not c@@@a. My dealings with them have always been fine, I' m assuming you're have not, as in society in general there's good and there's bad.........

they are accountable and were found not guilty

No they weren't.
Their testimony wasn't believed and it was judged to be an unlawful killing.
The CPS in their wisdom have now decided that they won't be taking any action against them for that unlawful killing of an entirely innocent man.

they made a mistake.

Correct, and for that they should be accountable.

Law enforcers are not, and cannot be, above the law that they are employed to enforce.

indictment - induc

Cheers boc! I know I meant indictment I just wasn't sure how to spell it. I'm typing on a I-phone which makes it difficult to go back and correct mistakes, especially when you are somewhat pissed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669