Suspected suicide bomber shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS6_Fox

Click here

"Police have been given orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb."

Hopefully they won't get too trigger happy and shoot incident people

LS6_Fox said:
Click here

"Police have been given orders to shoot to kill if they believe someone is about to detonate a bomb."

Hopefully they won't get too trigger happy and shoot incident people

... innocent even. ;) Might be too late by then.

Armed police have surrounded a mosque in East London - I wonder why?

apparently the dude was shot 5 times, and its uncomfirmed whether he was killed???? WTF is he invincible.

i'm a bit surprised at this, what use is killing them, surely ity would be better to take them down by non lethal means, a corpse can't be interogated. for every one of them shot a martyr will take his place.

Rayvon said:
apparently the dude was shot 5 times, and its uncomfirmed whether he was killed???? WTF is he invincible.

i'm a bit surprised at this, what use is killing them, surely ity would be better to take them down by non lethal means, a corpse can't be interogated. for every one of them shot a martyr will take his place.

Just listening to an eye witness on BBC news - unmarked policeman pounced on the suspect and unloaded 5 shots into him - quote "did it kill him" - "Yeah! He's dead man, dead"

Rayvon said:

It's incase they are still carrying explosives, it's shoot them asap so they can't trigger another explosion. These people probably wouldn't be able to tell the police Bin Laden's mobile number any way - just pawns in a bigger game.

if he is getting on a train with a rucksack then a bullet would be the only choice IMO work better than "stop chummy lets be avin you"

Ox Fox said:
It's incase they are still carrying explosives, it's shoot them asap so they can't trigger another explosion. These people probably wouldn't be able to tell the police Bin Laden's mobile number any way - just pawns in a bigger game.

yeh your right, just a bit scary. but i think we should fight them their way. capture them and shame them.

Rayvon said:
yeh your right, just a bit scary. but i think we should fight them their way. capture them and shame them.

i see your point rayvon but unfortunately this country would capture them put them in an air conditioned cell with al quaeda tv and cashmere slippers its called human rights apparently nah give em a bullet (or five) every time

lazzer said:
i see your point rayvon but unfortunately this country would capture them put them in an air conditioned cell with al quaeda tv and cashmere slippers its called human rights apparently nah give em a bullet (or five) every time

Controversial Lazzer, but can see you point of view - boat prisons.

lazzer said:

Human rights, pah!! feck em if they are clearly guilty then these people have no right to compassion, i'd make sure every living day was hell for them.

lazzer said:
if he is getting on a train with a rucksack then a bullet would be the only choice IMO work better than "stop chummy lets be avin you"

yup im with you there

This is an execution. It is all very well but as no-one seems to be respecting the Law is anyone surprised at the "situation". :icon_sad: :(

Evening Standard said:
A suspected suicide bomber was shot on the London Underground today.

Scotland Yard said: "We can confirm that just after 10am today armed officers shot a male at Stockwell underground station."

Passengers evacuated from the station described seeing armed police chasing a suspect before opening fire.

There were unconfirmed reports that police believe the man who was shot was one of the attackers involved in yesterday's incidents.

Witness Mark Whitby, speaking to BBC News 24, reported the man was shot five times at close range after he had jumped on a train.

The train was standing in the station with its doors open when the Asian man ran on, pursued by three plain clothes officers. He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times.

Mr Whitby said the Asian man was dead.

A large area around Stockwell Tube Station, an interchange for the Northern and Victoria lines in south London, was cordoned off and traffic approaching the area ground to a halt.

An ambulance and several police cars were also at the scene and sirens were heard blaring in every direction.

Tube services on the Victoria and Northern lines were suspended following a request by the police, London Underground said.

lazzer said:

Ha ha ha ha brilliant lazzer

Steven said:
This is an execution. It is all very well but as no-one seems to be respecting the Law is anyone surprised at the "situation". :icon_sad: :(

It's not an execution... the guy could of blown the bloody train up for gods sake. They did what they needed to do to ensure he couldn't blow anything up!

Babylon said:
It's not an execution... the guy could of blown the bloody train up for gods sake. They did what they needed to do to ensure he couldn't blow anything up!

He was "...pursued by three plain clothes officers. He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times.". Two murders don't make a right. :icon_sad: :(

Steven said:
He was "...pursued by three plain clothes officers. He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times.". Two murders don't make a right. :icon_sad: :(

Steven, I understand your concerns over this seemingly gun-ho event but if this man was about to blow himself up (along with many innocent citizens) then why does it matter how he died? The only problem her is the big "IF".

Surely he's better off with his 18 virgins in utopei anyway.

Steven said:

Don't mean to offend but I think you are talking shit steven.... it doesn't say he was restrained does it. Just because he was pushed to the floor (something that may not be true) you can still move your bloody arms.

Two murders don't make a right... True. But saving the lives of people who maybe could have been blown up on a packed train does.

Steven said:

yeh but you can't judge from someone saying that. they must have had good reason to shoot him. our armed police are very well trained, they are not trigger happy cops like in america. :071:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566