Suspected suicide bomber shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was/has carried a bomb does that make him unarmed Steven?

He was obviously under surveilance, would you still stick to your morals if a member of your family were on that train? or on one of the trains that were blown up?

With your approach we are running scared from these bastards - that will encourage them more than anything!!!

Rayvon said:
how do you know he was unarmed??? just because someone at the scene says "whilst i was reading the sun i looked up and saw this man and he was shot he was, i don't fink he had a gun or owt"

they shot him for good reason, and i'm sure FACTS will be released as the day goes on.

if the policed have stopped another explosion by killing this man then how have they done harm?

Then why did they let him go towards the station get into the station and on to the train. To execute him. :(

Eye witness said:
Witness Mark Whitby said the man was shot five times at close range after he had jumped on a train. The train was standing in the station with its doors open when the Asian man ran on, pursued by three plainclothes officers.

He tripped and was also pushed to the floor and one of the officers shot him five times. Mr Whitby said the Asian man was dead.

"I'm totally distraught," he said. "It was no more than five yards away from where I was sitting as I saw it with my own eyes."

He continued: "As the man got on the train I looked at his face. He looked from left to right, but he basically looked like a cornered rabbit, like a cornered fox. He looked absolutely petrified.

"He sort of tripped but they were hotly pursuing him and couldn't have been more than two or three feet behind him at this time.

"He half-tripped, was half-pushed to the floor. The policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand, he held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.

"He looked like a Pakistani but he had a baseball cap on, and quite a thickish coat. It was a coat like you would wear in winter, a sort of padded jacket.

"Maybe he might have had something concealed under there, I don't know. But it looked out of place in the weather we've been having. He was quite large, big built, quite a sort of chubby guy."

DurhamFox said:
With your approach we are running scared from these bastards - that will encourage them more than anything!!!

With your approach, and that of others, you are giving fuel to the fire and encouraging it. :( Have we learned nothing from the 30 years of IRA inspired madness. Obviously not. :(

Steven said:
With your approach, and that of others, you are giving fuel to the fire and encouraging it. :( Have we learned nothing from the 30 years of IRA inspired madness. Obviously not. :(

Would the IRA have gone away then if we let them get on with it?

come on steven, Executed is a bit of a strong word to use. and this seems somewhat different to the awful things that have happened to westerners kidnapped, tortured and mutilated in the middle east. maybe we should wait to see what is said at the press conference before passing judgement

apparently it was scheduled to start at 3.30pm.

Sir Ian Blair, Metropolitan Police Commissioner appealed for Londoners to keep calm

He added: "We need the understanding and cooperation of all communites."

He also told how hundreds of police officers and anti-terrorist teams were working around the clock and that 'the situation was under control.'

He confirmed today's shooting of a man at Stockwell Tube station was a terrorist attack.

He added that the shooting was 'deeply regrettable' but told how the man had refused to obey police instructions.

DurhamFox said:
Would the IRA have gone away then if we let them get on with it?

They did get on with it (and other forces in NI) for 30 years and in the end only a political settlement came close to resolving that situation. So a political solution is needed here. Shooting the odd one or two "suspects" will only stop those one or two "getting away with it" and do nothing to stop the growing number of similar nutters. After all some of the biggest IRA bombs came after the shootings in Gibralter.

The application of a militairistic or legalistic solution (such as shooting suspects) will not work and yet it is the only solution the Blair can come up with because no-one will deal with him politically.

What is the point of teaching History if no-one will pay attention to the lessons of the past. :(

Steven said:
Then why did they let him go towards the station get into the station and on to the train. To execute him. :(
If he was under surveillance they would have kept their distance to avoid arousing his suspicion, if they realised he was heading towards the train they would have to chase him in case he was carrying an explosive device. The fact he was under surveillance and also allegedly wearing a thick coat in warm weather and heading towards the train then I believe the police acted appropriately; I would expect them to do exactly the same if events were replayed.

LS6_Fox said:
If he was under surveillance they would have kept their distance to avoid arousing his suspicion, if they realised he was heading towards the train they would have to chase him in case he was carrying an explosive device. The fact he was under surveillance and also allegedly wearing a thick coat in warm weather and heading towards the train then I believe the police acted appropriately; I would expect them to do exactly the same if events were replayed.

I hope you are not suggesting that this is reason alone to kill someone.

Steven said:
What is the point of teaching History if no-one will pay attention to the lessons of the past. :(
I don't think lessons of the past apply to this new terrorism (well new to westerners); these extremists are prepared to walk into a public place and blow themselves up, which is completely different to the tactics of the IRA.

Steven said:

i said i wouldnt get involved but you just reeled me in :icon_lol:

you cant keep comparing this to the IRA its not any way the same the IRA were driven by drugs,protection, and any other means of drawing in cash and very little religious belief and maybe small amount of political belief although they said they would die for the cause very few would strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up whilst dedicated to thier cause the old survival instinct would always understandably kick in.But not these boys they will strap on a bomb walk into a station and blow the shit out of themselves and anybody else who gets in their way all in the name of religion.Now just for a second take some to time to get into the mindset of a person willing to do this, and on reflection is it the act of a rational human being?...... no it isnt so "put your hands up and surrender" just doesnt cut it with this guy he wants to die and he wants you and me to die with him .Well im sorry mate i dont want to die just yet theres more beer to be drunk and grandkids to be born before i want to go. so if any copper wants to take down one of these animals armed or unarmed then he has my blessing.
i sympathise with geniune muslims and what they are feeling right now i came to this beautiful city from belfast two weeks after the birmingham pub bombings and we had verbal and physical abuse and our windows egged and smashed you were made to feel ashamed to be irish so my heart goes out to anyone who gets caught up in any silly aftermath due to incidents like this.I respect your views on this steven but i'd have strongly agree to disagree and then buy you a pint.

lazzer said:
i said i wouldnt get involved but you just reeled me in :icon_lol:

you cant keep comparing this to the IRA its not any way the same the IRA were driven by drugs,protection, and any other means of drawing in cash and very little religious belief and maybe small amount of political belief although they said they would die for the cause very few would strap a bomb to themselves and blow themselves up whilst dedicated to thier cause the old survival instinct would always understandably kick in.But not these boys they will strap on a bomb walk into a station and blow the shit out of themselves and anybody else who gets in their way all in the name of religion.Now just for a second take some to time to get into the mindset of a person willing to do this, and on reflection is it the act of a rational human being?...... no it isnt so "put your hands up and surrender" just doesnt cut it with this guy he wants to die and he wants you and me to die with him .Well im sorry mate i dont want to die just yet theres more beer to be drunk and grandkids to be born before i want to go. so if any copper wants to take down one of these animals armed or unarmed then he has my blessing.
i sympathise with geniune muslims and what they are feeling right now i came to this beautiful city from belfast two weeks after the birmingham pub bombings and we had verbal and physical abuse and our windows egged and smashed you were made to feel ashamed to be irish so my heart goes out to anyone who gets caught up in any silly aftermath due to incidents like this.I respect your views on this steven but i'd have strongly agree to disagree and then buy you a pint.

well said :038: :) ;)

Steven said:

Fair do's :)

I'm with lazzer on this, I'd also like to agree to disagree, I can see where you're coming from and I respect your views; so if you've ever in Leeds I owe you a pint.

LS6_Fox said:
Fair do's :)

I'm with lazzer on this, I'd also like to agree to disagree, I can see where you're coming from and I respect your views; so if you've ever in Leeds I owe you a pint.

If you are ever in London I'll buy you a pint. ;)

Steven

Picture the scene. You are a plain clothes copper and you have a guy suspected of a plot to bomb and kill innocent people the day before under surveillance. The ideal scenario is to arrest this man and interrogate him in order to attempt to find out all his associates and follow the trail. I'm pretty sure that would have been the objective. Common Sense.

So this guy leaves his base and starts to walk the streets. You stay calm and wait to see where he is going, what he is up to. Hopefully he'll lead you to his associates. At some stage you realise that this man is wearing suspiscious clothing and there is a chance, yes a chance, he may have a bomb and is prepared to kill himself and as many innocent people as he can. You attempt to arrest him and the guy does a runner, jumps the barriers at the tube and heads for the train.

You have a split second to decide what to do (although you are probably also under orders to 'shoot to stop without causing a risk to others' not 'shoot to kill'.

Lets say that you, the cop, decides not to shoot to stop but shoots him in the leg. The injured guy falls to floor and then detonates his bomb killing 50 people. 50 people dead because you didnt shoot him in the head.

How would you feel about that? If only i'd shot him in the head they would all still be alive? No?

And then this bombing inspires more extremists to do the same. After all its easy, the cops are soft.

My last comment on this matter, I do think five shots to the head (I maybe incorrect in thinking all five were to the head) but that maybe slightly excessive.

This guy payed the ultimate price for being involved in this activity. You don't get involved with making bombs and plotting to kill people without realising that you could be killed yourself.

If he has acted as it is being reported then he deserved everything he got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669