Suspected suicide bomber shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
i aint gonna get in to a debate about this steven as there are two things you should never discuss with friends and associates- religion and politics (coming from belfast ive had a few rows about those bad boys) but IMO the guy is a terrorist who is prepared to commit mass genocide and you fight fire with fire, the softly softly liberal approach to life in this country is the main reason why there is no respect and the country has gone down the shitter so providing they are guilty execute away boys. thats my last word on the matter and i shall get back to being an immature fecker as all this grown up talk has made me over tired.

One of my real concerns is that this single act has probably recruited any number of new wannabe futile idiots. :rolleyes: Any number of people were shot when the IRA were active and that never solved the problem. :icon_sad: :(

Steven said:
One of my real concerns is that this single act has probably recruited any number of new wannabe futile idiots. :rolleyes: Any number of people were shot when the IRA were active and that never solved the problem. :icon_sad: :(

So do you have any concern for what could have happened to innocent passengers on the train if, as suspected, he had detoinated a bomb?

Steven, how would you have dealt with this situation?

Last edited:
webmaster said:
Because someone phoned to say there was a bomb there. It was a hoax though. I suspect we'll see a lot of that happening.

A hoax by who? I thought that was against the law....:102:

The Voice From Above said:
So do you have any concern for what could have happened to innocent passengers on the train if, as suspected, he had detoinated a bomb?

Steven, how would you have dealt with this situation?

No eye witness has said he was armed or had a bag. Whatever I would have done, I would not have executed him, he really needs to be caught alive. That Officer's actions will now inspire hundreds of young men to commit similar acts. :icon_sad: :(

Steven said:
No eye witness has said he was armed or had a bag. Whatever I would have done, I would not have executed him, he really needs to be caught alive. That Officer's actions will now inspire hundreds of young men to commit similar acts. :icon_sad: :(

He was apparently wearing a large coat, zipped up, like those you might wear in the winter. Dont forget that its highly possiable to strap a bomb to your chest, hense why they couldn't take a hance on shooting him in the chest (as it may of set off the bomb) or he may of still had enough movement to detonate it himself.

The way to treat these people who commit acts of terrorism is like any common theif - no glory in that. They should be left to rot away in jail and that would proberly be a more disterbing thought to most terrorists than blowing themselfs up and going to heaven to enjoy their many virgins.

Steven said:

Reports suggest that this guy may have been under surveilance and that he even may have been one of the guys who messed up yesterday. Seems strange that he was being followed by 6 or 7 unarmed cops dont you think?

Secondly, lets say this was a terrorist and he blew up the train killing many people. Do you think that would have inspired more extremists or border-line extremists to go do the same? I do. Maybe he was inspired by those people from Leeds 2 weeks ago.

Scodger Cubs said:
he was reportedly wearing a belt with wires coming from it

Shite, I've got a bit of a tan at the moment, I think I'll leave the walkman at home for a while - it's a matter of survival!

Seems theres now an indident on Harrow Road

The Voice From Above said:
Reports suggest that this guy may have been under surveilance and that he even may have been one of the guys who messed up yesterday. Seems strange that he was being followed by 6 or 7 unarmed cops dont you think?

Secondly, lets say this was a terrorist and he blew up the train killing many people. Do you think that would have inspired more extremists or border-line extremists to go do the same? I do. Maybe he was inspired by those people from Leeds 2 weeks ago.

In order to crack these nutters we need the help of local Muslim groups. That has moved a little further away. :( :(

Muslims fear 'shoot to kill' policy
(Filed: 22/07/2005)

Muslim leaders have called on the police to explain why an Asian man was shot dead at Stockwell station.

The Muslim Council of Britain said Muslims were concerned there was a "shoot to kill" policy in operation.

A spokesman said Muslims he had spoken to this morning were "jumpy and nervous".

Inayat Bunglawala said: "I have just had one phone call saying 'What if I was carrying a rucksack?'.

"It's vital the police give a statement about what occurred and explain why the man was shot dead.

"There may well be reasons why the police felt it necessary to unload five shots into the man and shoot him dead, but they need to make those reasons clear.

"We are getting phone calls from quite a lot of Muslims who are distressed about what may be a shoot to kill policy."

He said in the current atmosphere Muslims were very afraid and other people were looking at them in a very suspicious manner.

Steven said:
In order to crack these nutters we need the help of local Muslim groups. That has moved a little further away. :( :(

Concerned? It is a shoot to kill policy!!! As it should be, if they have suspicion then what choice do they have? risk the lives of more innocent citizens?

I can't believe that plod are getting stick for stopping a train being blown up. Good work lads, even if he was only carrying a chair leg...

MKFox said:
I can't believe that plod are getting stick for stopping a train being blown up. Good work lads, even if he was only carrying a chair leg...

Nobody has suggested this though, he was chased onto into the station and the train whilst under surveillance. All that Plod has done is make his own job more difficult. :(

Steven said:
Nobody has suggested this though, he was chased onto into the station and the train whilst under surveillance. All that Plod has done is make his own job more difficult. :(
If he was under surveillance and then ran onto a train, I think the police acted correctly in the situation, who knows what *could* have happened. It's a sad state of affairs when police officers are put in this position, but unfortunately thats how things will be from now on.

Steven said:

Steven I can't believe your attitude. Are you suggesting we should let this guy roam free for an 'easy' life?

DurhamFox said:
Steven I can't believe your attitude. Are you suggesting we should let this guy roam free for an 'easy' life?

I am against shooting unarmed suspects, whatever they might have alledgedly done, and I am against anybody acting outside the Law. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you have a big Hornet's nest you don't try killing the nest one by one.

I am also against Plod making operational decisions that are less than sub-optimal. This action will stop one suspect and encourage 20,30,40,50 or 100s more.

As for the guy having an easy life. Well who knew he was nutter until yesterday ? Nobody was talking to Plod saying I think he is a bad man so nick him. Given the fact that they are likely to live in areas where an Muslim Asian man move freely, I cannot see the residents of these areas being helpful as it could lead to them being shot. :(

Steven said:
I am against shooting unarmed suspects, whatever they might have alledgedly done, and I am against anybody acting outside the Law. Two wrongs do not make a right. If you have a big Hornet's nest you don't try killing the nest one by one.

I am also against Plod making operational decisions that are less than sub-optimal. This action will stop one suspect and encourage 20,30,40,50 or 100s more.

As for the guy having an easy life. Well who knew he was nutter until yesterday ? Nobody was talking to Plod saying I think he is a bad man so nick him. Given the fact that they are likely to live in areas where an Muslim Asian man move freely, I cannot see the residents of these areas being helpful as it could lead to them being shot. :(

how do you know he was unarmed??? just because someone at the scene says "whilst i was reading the sun i looked up and saw this man and he was shot he was, i don't fink he had a gun or owt"

they shot him for good reason, and i'm sure FACTS will be released as the day goes on.

if the policed have stopped another explosion by killing this man then how have they done harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669