Sven-Goran Eriksson in talks with .... Notts County

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several reports flying around he'l become manager :icon_conf

Found his level.

He's a great manager, should be great for Notts County.

wow - surely not? That would be a major coup for them. I don't rate him as a manager at all but he'd be more than good enough for their level.

What makes people think he can manage at that level?

He has only really managed clubs who can spend big money on big players, he has no fecking clue who would benefit a team in the 4th tier of English football.

From Wikipedia

The only manager to win top league and cup doubles in three different countries. Manager of Lazio, England, Manchester City and Mexico.

Currently unemployed, Eriksson states that he would "very much like to work in the Premier League because of its rich heritage".

Manager/Director of Notts County - he must have a crap agent!

Last edited:
i actually laughed out loud when i saw this on ssn. one of the most bizzare/ridiculous things to happen in football for a long time

wow - surely not? That would be a major coup for them. I don't rate him as a manager at all but he'd be more than good enough for their level.

In truth how good would he have to be, I think without the cash they would be top 10 this season, with it promotion should be a doddle. McParland knows players at that level so would probably stay and work along side him.

Add in Sven and I guess you are looking at 3 or 4 thousand on the gate and about £50,000 a game in increased receipts plus a great chance to steal some of Forest's thunder in attracting sponsors and getting publicity.

I wonder if Forest's sudden spending spree this Summer has been influence by what might happen across the river in the next few years.

Quite the silliest story I've ever heard

Would be lovely, though, if County bgecame the biggest team in Nottingham

Outlined an ambitious 10 year plan after signing a 5 year contract .... Errrrm, hang on!

Yep, Sven going to Nottingham for the women - something is seriously wrong.

In fairness, whenever I've had a night out in Nottingham, most of the women have been fair tidy.

Sven probably heard that urban myth about the women to men ratio in Nottingham, I'll bet that was one of County's bargaining gambits.

i think eriksson got confused when he was told he would be DoF at the magpies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670