Sven has 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets start from the beginning. What has Sven done wrong so far ...?

1. Ricardo, not just signing him but throwing him in when Weale was in pretty good form.

2. Dropping Ben Mee and playing Bruma. Unsettling us whilst on a good run. Stating that he "is the best defender at the club"

3. Absurd signings like Bednar & Kirkland.

4. At times his formations baffle even the most prolific of posters. Sticking with it when it goes wrong, no plan B?

5. Selling Fryatt ? Mistake ? Not so sure, but he would have been useful now Nugent is out.

Thats all I can think of. None of this sackable surely? We really would look stupid if we got rid of him.

Good job its all bollocks.

Last edited:
he was the only club manager I can recall to be banned from writing in the club programme.

I don't know if I have ever mentioned this here, but I haven't purchased a program since MO'N was censored.

[Martin O'Neill] was the only club manager I can recall to be banned from writing in the club programme.

Was he banned? Or did he throw his toys out of the pram and refuse to contribute after the board took him to task about something he had previously written therein?

Was he banned? Or did he throw his toys out of the pram and refuse to contribute after the board took him to task about something he had previously written therein?

I can't believe that the board would allow it to go to print without someone proof reading it first?

I can't believe that the board would allow it to go to print without someone proof reading it first?

Maybe it was at the editorial stage that something was said. I just seem to recall that he declined to contribute rather than actually being banned.

1. Ricardo, not just signing him but throwing him in when Weale was in pretty good form.

2. Dropping Ben Mee and playing Bruma. Unsettling us whilst on a good run. Stating that he "is the best defender at the club"

3. Absurd signings like Bednar & Kirkland.

4. At times his formations baffle even the most prolific of posters. Sticking with it when it goes wrong, no plan B?

5. Selling Fryatt ? Mistake ? Not so sure, but he would have been useful now Nugent is out.

Thats all I can think of. None of this sackable surely? We really would look stupid if we got rid of him.

Good job its all bollocks.
He hasn't shagged a weathergirl for some time either.
He should be castigated for that alone.

4. At times his formations baffle even the most prolific of posters.

I really hope you aren't trying to suggest that a prolific poster is the epitome of wisdom.

Have you seen the top 10 all time posters list recently?

I really hope you aren't trying to suggest that a prolific poster is the epitome of wisdom.

Thinking about it, add 11 and 14 to the list of nutters as well :icon_wink

Hard to disagree with that.

Did you really mean to write that, David?

I am not sure which part you are questioning.
If it was the reference to The People knowing the secrets of King Power was not intended seriously.
A more serious criticism of my post is that you cannot have a meeting between three people. My excuse is that I thought it would be between Vichai and Susan Whelan - I added Top in as an after thought. I don't know how much power Top actually has.

Without raking over the rights and wrongs of the Gang of Four situation my recollection is that Barrie Pierpoint as Chief Executive during his clash with Chairman John Elsom banned Elsom from writing in the programme. Martin O'Neill was strongly on Elsom's side and was also banned presumably because it was felt he would use the programme to attack the Gang Of Four.
Of course my recollection may be wrong and if so I hope someone will correct me.

I am not sure which part you are questioning.
If it was the reference to The People knowing the secrets of King Power was not intended seriously.

Ah - good!

...my recollection is that Barrie Pierpoint as Chief Executive during his clash with Chairman John Elsom banned Elsom from writing in the programme. Martin O'Neill was strongly on Elsom's side and was also banned presumably because it was felt he would use the programme to attack the Gang Of Four.
Of course my recollection may be wrong and if so I hope someone will correct me.

Very interesting that a CEO could ban a Chairman from anything. I honestly don't remember what happened and only recall the situation at all because of spion's oh-so-occasional mentions that tight-fistedness (alone) is not the reason for him not buying a programme.

Can you enlighten us on the events, spion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669