Sven has 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

According to the Sunday People,Sven has 5 games to sort us out....apparantly the owners are not happy with our start to the season and want it sorting out quickly,with Martin O'Neill being lined up as a replacement.

Well that did not take long.....Leicester spend a few quid and everybody hates us,do they want us to fail or something....yet the hammers can do no wrong.

Here we go again.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/footb...ksson-faces-five-game-battle-102039-23394091/

SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON has been given FIVE more games to get Leicester firing – with former Foxes boss Martin O’Neill one of the names in the frame to take over.

The club’s wealthy Thai owners, King Power, have splashed the cash over the summer in preparation for a serious tilt at promotion to the Premier League.

However, a return of just seven points from a possible 15 at the start of their Championship campaign has left everyone underwhelmed at the East Midlands club.

King Power backed Eriksson still further on transfer deadline day.

They sanctioned the big-money acquisition of Everton striker Jermaine Beckford, as Eriksson sought to add more firepower to his squad.

But now they will pile the pressure on the ex-England manager to climb the table – 10th place is seen as a poor return for all the money invested.

Leicester also have some difficult fixtures in the coming month, with home games against table-topping Brighton and local rivals Derby, as well as visits to Barnsley, Middlesbrough and Cardiff.

Eriksson will be expected to deliver a minimum 10 points from those outings to convince the club’s hierarchy he has got what it takes to propel them back into the Premier League – either automatically or via the play-offs.

If not, then King Power will look elsewhere, with O’Neill the leading candidate – although he is also in the frame for the Sunderland job if things do not pick up under Steve Bruce.

The Ulsterman – out of work since quitting Aston Villa just before the start of last season – would be welcomed back by Leicester fans after twice leading them to League Cup glory in 1997 and 2000.

They were also beaten finalists in 1999 under O’Neill.

Former Southampton and Cardiff manager Dave Jones will also be considered if Eriksson is axed.

But the threat to his job has not put the Swede off his stride in the rush to bring in more players.

He failed in a last-ditch record £8million bid for Celtic striker Gary Hooper – after offering half that figure at the start of the summer.

And El-Hadji Diouf is still a target after the controversial striker was shown the door by Blackburn last week.

Diouf agreed a six-figure pay-off from Rovers to make himself a free agent.

Dave Jones? You literally couldn't pay a world class novelist enough money to make this stuff up. LOL ROLF LMAO KMFT PMSL

I consider myself a Leicester fan, and for the record, I wouldn't welcome Martin O'Neill back.

£8mil for Hooper, where did that come from?

That article is full of shit. If we ever get Diouf it will be the most disappointing thing that has ever happened to our club IMO.

"10th place is seen as a poor return for all the money invested."

Jesus. People really look at the league position with five games gone? Madness.

Aside from that the article is nothing but mindless speculation. If Sven was to be sacked, would the owners make an approach for Martin O'Neill? It seems obvious to me that they would. He is deified by many Leicester fans and he is a big name in English football. I doubt his ego would allow him to join a Championship club though. In any case, Sven's future should not be up for discussion. We've played five games. We've had an average start to the season, no better, no worse.

Utter, utter BS, bunch of arse. Notice there are no quotes to back this up. Just space-filling crap from a third rate paper. Ridiculous.

Utter, utter BS, bunch of arse. Notice there are no quotes to back this up. Just space-filling crap from a third rate paper. Ridiculous.

:018: FOURTH rate paper.

According to the Sunday People,Sven has 5 games to sort us out....apparantly the owners are not happy with our start to the season and want it sorting out quickly,with Martin O'Neill being lined up as a replacement.

Well that did not take long.....Leicester spend a few quid and everybody hates us,do they want us to fail or something....yet the hammers can do no wrong.

Why are you reading The Sunday People? If you look carefully you will see your newsagent also sells The Sunday Telelgraph and the Sunday Times. Despite the Murdoch connection with the latter then they are both fine newspapers.

Of course The People is right that the start has been disappointing. I certainly did not expect us to lose two of our three home games. However, I would suggest that the owners will not start considering Sven's position unless we are out of the top six at Christmas.
I would emphasize that this is only my guess and unlike The People I am not privy to discussions between Vichai, Susan Whelan and perhaps Top where these things will be decided.

As for Martin O'Neill he has never shown any interest in coming back to Leicester. Leicester fans may have loved him (in the end) but he had bitter memories of their chants at the start of his reign. His time at Leicester was not one of unalloyed happiness - he was the only club manager I can recall to be banned from writing in the club programme.

...unlike The People I am not privy to discussions between Vichai, Susan Whelan and perhaps Top where these things will be decided.

Did you really mean to write that, David?

As for Martin O'Neill [...] Leicester fans may have loved him (in the end)...

And some Leicester fans, by the time he left, had started to realise that not all his actions were in the best interests of the club. The last thing that the present owners will want is a manager with other agenda than their own.

Why are you reading The Sunday People? If you look carefully you will see your newsagent also sells The Sunday Telelgraph and the Sunday Times. Despite the Murdoch connection with the latter then they are both fine newspapers.

I would agree, and wonder why you left 'The Observer' out, but they all seem to feel that football ends with the 20th club in the Premier League. Sports coverage is pretty dire in these newspapers with columnists trying to intellectualise about 22 men kicking an inflated pig's bladder, rather than report same.

If we sack Sven, I'll probably just give up and stop going. It really will be the end of my tether. Thank jebus it won't happen this soon.

I don't believe this article has a shred of input from anyone close to the owners. As a result, it is nothing of significance.

However, the new owners have the right to do whatever they see fit as it is their money being spent. As supporters, we cannot have our cake and eat it.

It is entirely possible that they have a minimum expectation of where we are at the ten game point. I'm not saying that failure to achieve their target would necessarily mean the sack for Sven, but if it is, so what?

Given the events of the last year, I would expect that MON would see the investment and potential here as just the sort of job he'd take if it were offered. I also think that the squad Sven has assembled would entice loads of very capable managerial candidates to pick up the reigns if it a vacancy arose.

Basically, we're on a roller coaster driven by hard cash and high ambition and need to accept it.

These days, practically every manager is 5 games from the sack. It means nothihg

Not one positive comment about O'Neill. Interesting. I want Sven to succeed and take us to the promise land. But if the owners were to sack Sven, I would be happy enough to see O'Neill back. His record says it all. Repeating however, is another matter.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669