Sweden and France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Are the next two countries we're scouting in:

MORE TO COME
BY BILL ANDERSON
10:30 - 09 April 2005

Craig Levein hits the scouting trail again next week with some more overseas targets in his sights.

The Leicester City manager will go to Sweden on Monday while assistant manager Rob Kelly travels to France to run the rule over more prospects.

The players they are watching are possible summer signings to boost the squad.

Levein, taking advantage of a rare midweek without a fixture, said: "It is an opportunity for us to check out a few things.

"We have a list of a few players who might be of interest to us and we really need to see them at first hand.

"Fortunately, we have time to do that this week and we are hopeful it will be to our advantage."

Levein has been steadily building his squad for next season and still has pre-contract men Patrick Kisnorbo from Hearts and Slovenian midfielder Jani Sturm to arrive.

He has also brought in Alan Maybury, Mark de Vries, Stephen Hughes and Paddy McCarthy, plus loan signings Darren Kenton and Stefan Moore.

But Levein feels there is still more work to be done.

"So far, the new signings have been settling in well," he said.

"I am very pleased with all of them and we are definitely going to have a look at the way Darren Kenton and Stefan Moore might be useful to us in terms of a permanent signing."

Levein has yet to sit down and compile his list of those remaining out-of-contract men who will either be released or offered new terms.

Of those, Keith Gillespie and Ian Walker are the most likely to be given the chance to stay for next season purely on their current form.

But, as soon as City get the points to ensure their safety, Levein will start to reshape his side to prepare for the next campaign.

City were hoping to take another major step towards survival in the Championship in today's clash at Reading.

Danny Tiatto and Jordan Stewart both passed fitness and were expected to be reunited on the left.

But right-back Kenton, still not fully recovered from his bout of mumps, was set to miss out again.

Brighton, battling to get out of the bottom three, have been hit by suspensions to key men Gary Hart and Leon Knight.

The Seagulls won the clash between the two teams at the Walkers Stadium in August but City were looking to end their worries by levelling that particular score.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=12196399

I like the idea of CL and others scouting across Europe for players, rather than relying on PL retreads. :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
I like the idea of CL and others scouting across Europe for players, rather than relying on PL retreads. :roll: :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Here here. How exciting. :-D :smt004 :smt008

Leigh said:
Are the next two countries we're scouting in:

MORE TO COME
BY BILL ANDERSON
10:30 - 09 April 2005

Craig Levein hits the scouting trail again next week with some more overseas targets in his sights.

The Leicester City manager will go to Sweden on Monday while assistant manager Rob Kelly travels to France to run the rule over more prospects.

The players they are watching are possible summer signings to boost the squad.

Levein, taking advantage of a rare midweek without a fixture, said: "It is an opportunity for us to check out a few things.

"We have a list of a few players who might be of interest to us and we really need to see them at first hand.

"Fortunately, we have time to do that this week and we are hopeful it will be to our advantage."

Levein has been steadily building his squad for next season and still has pre-contract men Patrick Kisnorbo from Hearts and Slovenian midfielder Jani Sturm to arrive.

He has also brought in Alan Maybury, Mark de Vries, Stephen Hughes and Paddy McCarthy, plus loan signings Darren Kenton and Stefan Moore.

But Levein feels there is still more work to be done.

"So far, the new signings have been settling in well," he said.

"I am very pleased with all of them and we are definitely going to have a look at the way Darren Kenton and Stefan Moore might be useful to us in terms of a permanent signing."

Levein has yet to sit down and compile his list of those remaining out-of-contract men who will either be released or offered new terms.

Of those, Keith Gillespie and Ian Walker are the most likely to be given the chance to stay for next season purely on their current form.

But, as soon as City get the points to ensure their safety, Levein will start to reshape his side to prepare for the next campaign.

City were hoping to take another major step towards survival in the Championship in today's clash at Reading.

Danny Tiatto and Jordan Stewart both passed fitness and were expected to be reunited on the left.

But right-back Kenton, still not fully recovered from his bout of mumps, was set to miss out again.

Brighton, battling to get out of the bottom three, have been hit by suspensions to key men Gary Hart and Leon Knight.

The Seagulls won the clash between the two teams at the Walkers Stadium in August but City were looking to end their worries by levelling that particular score.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=12196399

The ever correct Bill Anderson strikers again.

Excellent choice of scouting location. Sweden Rules. I think their footballers are possibly the only things that are cheap over there. Rennes got Kim Kallstrom and Strasbourg got Alexander farnerud really cheap considering they are so highly rated. Perhaps this is the reason Swedish teams are rubbish in Europe these days; everyone poaches their best players.

Anyway, I've visited these forums for a while but never got round to joining until now. Don't get to see many games because I live in Stoke/Cambridge and have no money. Having said this I am going to the Sheep match on the 26th. Can't wait.

Tom

basfordfox said:
Excellent choice of scouting location. Sweden Rules. I think their footballers are possibly the only things that are cheap over there. Rennes got Kim Kallstrom and Strasbourg got Alexander farnerud really cheap considering they are so highly rated. Perhaps this is the reason Swedish teams are rubbish in Europe these days; everyone poaches their best players.

Anyway, I've visited these forums for a while but never got round to joining until now. Don't get to see many games because I live in Stoke/Cambridge and have no money. Having said this I am going to the Sheep match on the 26th. Can't wait.

Tom

Welcome. :D :D :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

basfordfox said:
Anyway, I've visited these forums for a while but never got round to joining until now. Tom
welcome tom.

what happened to our 'special' relationship with cork city, anyone know?

MKFox said:
basfordfox said:
Anyway, I've visited these forums for a while but never got round to joining until now. Tom
welcome tom.

That went tits up when our money ran out. :roll:

Was there any material benefit from that relationship or was delaney the sole product of it? Is he at Hull these days, and if so is he playing regularly for taylor's allstars?

T[/quote]

basfordfox said:
Was there any material benefit from that relationship or was delaney the sole product of it? Is he at Hull these days, and if so is he playing regularly for taylor's allstars?

T
[/quote]

He plays regularly, I believe Hull fans don't rate him too highly though.

MKFox said:
basfordfox said:
welcome tom.

Adams/Bassett regime felt it was a waste of money & better spent scouting for young talent locally

Foxes_Trust said:
MKFox said:
basfordfox said:
welcome tom.

Adams/Bassett regime felt it was a waste of money & better spent scouting for young talent locally

Funniest post of the year. :roll:

I think its easy to knock decisions like that but when we were in admin I can see the sense. They will have wanted to have control over the little cash they had rather than sending it to Ireland for someone else to do the scouting for them.

Foxes_Trust said:
MKFox said:
basfordfox said:
welcome tom.

Is that why we hooked up with some team in India?

lcfcrules said:
Foxes_Trust said:
MKFox said:
basfordfox said:
welcome tom.

No that was to sell shirts of course! Not that im aginst it, brings in Money to spend on quality players.

lcfcrules said:
Foxes_Trust said:
MKFox said:
basfordfox said:
welcome tom.

It has everything to do with the fact that the number of ethnically Indian people far exceeds the number of people who are ethnically Irish in Leicester, or am I being too cynical. :roll:

We have the Trust selling the Club line with the Bassett/Adams quote even though as lcfcrules points out the "explanation" does not stand up to scrutiny.

Some people are playing me and others for fools.

:smt018 :smt018 :smt075

From the Merc:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=12205328

I understand Levein's trip to Sweden is to run the rule over a goalkeeper and a defender.

Meanwhile assistant manager Rob Kelly will watch another defender in France, underlining the priorities over the close season.

Excuse my ignorance, being a mere fan, but wouldn't our priority be to find a striker (or two) who does actually have a realistic chance of hitting a cow's arse with a banjo, rather than the steaming stumps we have now ???

homer said:
From the Merc:

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=12205328

I understand Levein's trip to Sweden is to run the rule over a goalkeeper and a defender.

Meanwhile assistant manager Rob Kelly will watch another defender in France, underlining the priorities over the close season.

Excuse my ignorance, being a mere fan, but wouldn't our priority be to find a striker (or two) who does actually have a realistic chance of hitting a cow's arse with a banjo, rather than the steaming stumps we have now ???

Maybe and indication of the future of Dabizas/Dublin and Walker!

For me Walker is not the force he once was his kicking lacks imagination , he rarely pulls of any wonder saves, and these days he looks slow in coming to collect the high balls. OK if he accepts a big pay cut but i wouldn't break the bank for him.

Dabizas is simply to inconsistant. Mc Carthy looks twice the player.

Dublin......mmmm not sure on this one, probably keep him as i am sure he will offer the young lads lots of advice and is always a good back up central defender.

I think CL will still have his work cut out to satisfy the people who will expect automatic promotion next year as LCFC has needed this clear out and re structure for years and i am afraid its rarely possible in just one season.
No better man for it than he though IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566