Sylla and Douglas

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

the man in my avatar once said"opinions are like assholes.....everybodies got one" and everybody is entitled to one.

drummindefender

homer said:
Behave yourselves

So if we voice our opinions on a player (which is what a football forum is about, for f*cks sake), then we are "so-called supporters" and not being real !

Forgive me for not getting down on my knees and blindly believing that Levein is the son of god, and everything he does must be magnificent and if I voice any opposite opinion then I am not a true supporter and shouldn't be allowed to watch any game ever again as long asd I live

A football forum is about opinions, and I have every right to express doubts about a player with a suspect temperament who couldn't hack it in the SPL and has been handed a three year deal - or an over the hill scottish goalie who has had more high profile cock-ups than Dale Winton, Will Young and Graham Norton put together. I've seen both of them play enough times to be able to form an opinion, thank you.

We've signed a keeper who looks OK already, and I would be happy to give him a chance along with another of similar (maybe younger) ilk.

As for money, I suspect Rab would be coming in as the highest paid player in the squad

I will be behind the team come the first day of the season, but don't you tell me that I cannot express a contrary opinion when we sign players who, in my opinion, are a significant gamble. That's being real

fair point homer

Redditch Fox

drummindefender said:
homer said:
Behave yourselves

So if we voice our opinions on a player (which is what a football forum is about, for f*cks sake), then we are "so-called supporters" and not being real !

Forgive me for not getting down on my knees and blindly believing that Levein is the son of god, and everything he does must be magnificent and if I voice any opposite opinion then I am not a true supporter and shouldn't be allowed to watch any game ever again as long asd I live

A football forum is about opinions, and I have every right to express doubts about a player with a suspect temperament who couldn't hack it in the SPL and has been handed a three year deal - or an over the hill scottish goalie who has had more high profile cock-ups than Dale Winton, Will Young and Graham Norton put together. I've seen both of them play enough times to be able to form an opinion, thank you.

We've signed a keeper who looks OK already, and I would be happy to give him a chance along with another of similar (maybe younger) ilk.

As for money, I suspect Rab would be coming in as the highest paid player in the squad

I will be behind the team come the first day of the season, but don't you tell me that I cannot express a contrary opinion when we sign players who, in my opinion, are a significant gamble. That's being real

fair point homer

I don't disagree Homer - you are usually on the right track except regarding the ground share proposal which might actually give the club some financial impetus.

CL has not been around long enough to prove anything yet - all I am saying is that his hands are financially tied - and it's not surprising that he is using his Scottish contacts to bring in replacements.

I really don't know what evidence you have to say that Rab Douglas would be on top money- I doubt that as much as I doubt whether there is much competition from more successful clubs to sign either of the players in question.

homer

I just reckon he will be on a decent wack at Celtic Park, and will be looking for something that is as close to it as he can

Just got a nasty suspicion we might give it to him

SilverFox

Star Wars is a great trilogy but they kicked it to death with the new ones! Please don't piss on the carcus with this ridiculous posting! :roll:

highland fox

homer said:
Behave yourselves

Hark at her..

SilverFox

You must control your anger Homer! Anger leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side of the force :roll: ;-)

homer

Get back to your PSC studies and see how angry you get then.........

Redditch Fox

homer said:
I just reckon he will be on a decent wack at Celtic Park, and will be looking for something that is as close to it as he can

Just got a nasty suspicion we might give it to him

I would have hoped that the club is slightly better financially managed than it was - now that the damaging advice of Bassett & Adams misjudgements of players have gone.

After all Rab Douglas is in his mid-30's; has only a mixed reputation - & obviously playing for Scotland (sadly) hardly qualifies as having any international status these days.

This really is not knocking him -at all!! - He's probably as good as we can get these days & lets hope he enjoys his football & thrives here.

alex

Love your work Homer, and I'm not talking of your contnued efforts around the Canal Street area of Manchester...

Fossebhoy

What's wrong with Sylla's temperament?

I think It's harsh to say he couldn't hack It in the SPL. Better players than him couldn't get a starting place in the Celtic midfield (Juninho) because O'Neil's tried and trusted were doing the job week in, week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669