Sympathy for Warnock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It happens to Warnock these things for some reason at Sheff Utd:-

Such as the goal by Arsenal when they played on (Kanu looked so innocent afterwards -wot me?) after the supposed throw-in gimme back. Wenger then agreed Arsenal replay the game because of it

Then there was when United were reduced to less than 7 players due to sendings off and injuries the last was Rob Ullathorne who limped off and all subs had been used The game vs West Brom was abandoned and Gary Megson called Colin a cheat and said it was done on purpose
Megson said: "There will be no replay. If we are called back to Bramall Lane we shall kick-off and then walk off the pitch.

"I've been in professional football since 16 and I'm 42 now. I've never ever witnessed anything as disgraceful as that

Anyone else enjoy controversy like this, and not necessarily want to rule out all subjective parts of the game, such as penalties, etc. via TV replays?

I'm glad it happened to Warnock,the man is a grade A ****

I can't think of another manager that would've given a more hilarious reaction. Seeing him storm on to the pitch afterwards and refuse to shake players' hands was priceless.:icon_lol:

I remember the same thing happening may years ago at Filbert Street when Villa were denied a good goal. Afterwards there was redesign of the net supports to ensure it could never happen again.

I think it may have happened twice at Filbert Street both times to City's advantage. Once on the same day as a goal was given at Stamford bridge when it went through the side netting.

However, the occasion I 'remember' at Filbert I thought involved Portsmouth and was at the Double Decker end and I recall the City defenders starting to trudge back towards the half way line and Shilton holding the ball and frantically waving them forward having noticed that the ref hadn't spotted that the ball had come back off the stancheon

Anyone else enjoy controversy like this, and not necessarily want to rule out all subjective parts of the game, such as penalties, etc. via TV replays?

Yup!

Cant see anyone cheated strictly speaking because no rules were broken.
As for sympathy for Colin, not a chance. He's well overdue a Souness type corona which will render him fit enough only to commentate on Europa Cup on ITV2.

As for sympathy for Colin, not a chance. He's well overdue a Souness type corona which will render him fit enough only to commentate on Europa Cup on ITV2.

A worse fate would be for him to be appointed assistant manager at Blackpool

corona_save_the_beach_bottle_preview.jpg

has anyone mentioned how badly done to our favourite football personality was with the Tevez shite? he must think everyone hates him or something....

It happens to Warnock these things for some reason at Sheff Utd:-

Such as the goal by Arsenal when they played on (Kanu looked so innocent afterwards -wot me?) after the supposed throw-in gimme back. Wenger then agreed Arsenal replay the game because of it

Then there was when United were reduced to less than 7 players due to sendings off and injuries the last was Rob Ullathorne who limped off and all subs had been used The game vs West Brom was abandoned and Gary Megson called Colin a cheat and said it was done on purpose

I thought Bruce was Sheff Utd manager then? I'm probably wrong though.

I feel sorry for Warnock personally, I think it is a disgrace. Where has the sportsmanship in football gone?

The equivalent of this, is a batsman refusing to walk, when he knows he is out, but waits for the umpire to give him out. Or a fielder saying he caught the ball when it hit the ground. It is a sad day in sport when stuff like that happens but I'm not going to point any fingers.

You're right, but...

One, it was Warnock, hence very funny. The man's continual referee-baiting down the years is a disgrace, this is poetic justice.

Two, it was Crystal Palace. No-one gives a shit about Crystal Palace, not even their fans. They are one of the biggest non-entity football clubs around. They have such a great name, yet they are so dull. Tossers.

Seems a bit ironic thats a Leicester fan is slating a club for being a non-entity who are just there :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669