Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.
The theme of the article is based on the lack of transparency over the takeover at a time when the football authorities are clearly stating transparency is required

So, just what we already knew then?

He's said as much on Twitter. Why doesn't he just keep his mouth shut if he hasn't got a clue what's going on?

We know David Conn & Ian Stringer had contact today (we have had dialogue with both of them), suspect like us, Ian S is not certain what the final article will include (and what won't be published)

The sale of Leicester City announced a fortnight ago by the chairman Milan Mandaric has not yet been approved by the Football League. In an apparent breach of new league rules introduced this month, no prior notification was given by Leicester as to who the new owners and directors were, so that they could be cleared as "fit and proper" people.

The new "owners and directors" test was adopted by the league on 4 August, when its clubs voted to accept the increased £66.24m in "solidarity" payments from the Premier League in each of the next three seasons. The rule states that clubs must give "pre-notification" to the League of incoming owners and directors, who must certify that they do not have current convictions for fraud-related offences.

Mandaric announced on 12 August, eight days later, that the consortium, led by the 25-year-old Thai Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn, "has acquired" Leicester City. However, at that point no details are understood to have been sent to the league. Information has now been presented on the prospective new owners and the financial backing they have, but the League is understood still to require further detail and so has not approved the takeover.

"We cannot ratify the takeover until all necessary information has been received and proves satisfactory," a spokesman said.

Mandaric said Leicester City "both supports and welcomes the new rules" and suggested that the failure to provide information to the League in advance was because new rules require a "bedding-in period".

Bah Stringy kept me up for that? makes Milan sound dodgy and therefore the new owners too. Presume this means no pots of transfer dosh before Aug 31st?:073:

Shambles really.

Do a takeover and forgot about the most high profile rule on the subject.

It might also be wondered what the cause of the delay in the announcement of the other names might be. I am sure that now David Conn is involved he will make sure that anything that is to be found will be.

Of which this:

Some well-informed sources say the deal has not in fact gone through yet, that the Thai investors are still conducting due diligence, inspecting Leicester's finances, which have recently recorded huge losses. In response, Mandaric said: "The parties are satisfied with the due diligence that has been performed."

seems a little worrying.

This strikes me as a whole heap of nothing dressed as important news.

I don't

I think it's a massive story, and I'm quite delighted that finally a proper journalist has got involved - unlike the blathering sycophantic turds that we have to suffer locally

This 'deal' has stunk to high heaven right from the start, and I suspect that there is a lot more to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669