Taxi for Sousa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but, at the stage of one chairman, a manager must tell the board who is in control of footballing matters. It is plain daft that we paid £2 million for Waghorn to be played as a winger.

We are in danger of a return to the Martin Allen days when he must have arrived some mornings wondering which new faces he might come across.

I agree with you, but I doubt if the new owners will see it that way.

Oh god, he's off again

At least this time it isn't some shite sad old Cov player, so I suppose we should be grateful of the improvement

Just because I don't sit here pretending all is rosy at LCFC you continue with your lamentable stalking. If we all just said the right things none of us would have an opinion. So carry on, it's quite laughable. I'd rather be accused of supporting another team and offer my opinion, than sit back, nod along to all the comments and watch as my team gets worse.

It's also clear that the new owners are not going to allow Sousa or any other manager anything like full control. They have already announced that a Thai and a Chinese player will be signed in the December window.

Is it not possible that we have two targets of this nationality and that's all they meant? Or is that not worrying enough for some people?

Is it not possible that we have two targets of this nationality and that's all they meant? Or is that not worrying enough for some people?
I thought it was South Korean and Chinese. I assumed they'd be sticking a pin in the Chungju Guangzhou phone books and signing whoever picked up rather than identified targets of some footballing worth.

I can only go what they said in their press release and that was that two such players would be signed.

I agree but, at the stage of one chairman, a manager must tell the board who is in control of footballing matters. It is plain daft that we paid £2 million for Waghorn to be played as a winger.

We are in danger of a return to the Martin Allen days when he must have arrived some mornings wondering which new faces he might come across.

It's always been MM's style to make forays into the manager's role.

I doubt if the new owners see the 'manager' as being in overall control of football strategy including player acquisitions. Much more likely they would see him as a 'head coach'.

Not that Sousa is likely to be any good at either of these roles - but I'm afraid that lots of British managers are not going to be keen on the set up.

Has he gone yet? :102:

BBC local news report that MM did meet the investors earlier, and the outcome is PS is the man for the job.

BBC local news report that MM did meet the investors earlier, and the outcome is PS is the man for the job.

No lol smiley? Should I assume that you are not taking the piss?

Milan isn't going to go until he has got his money - and why should he? By all accounts that could take anything up to a couple of years. And I can't be the only one who is starting to think that there is an odd delay on the naming of the third 'investor'; somebody on whom the whole deal relies.

Don't seem to remember many fans saying that to the previous shareholders, when Milan was paying them only 10% & the rest came based achieving promotion within a time period which has now expired.

So why shouldn't the new consortium play the same game with Milan ?

As long as it didn't f@ck the club up, part of me wants to see the Thais rip the MOF off.

Take the emotion out of if from a fan perspective & it's a business deal

That's how Milan significantly knocked down the price & got extended terms based on clauses when buying

If the Asia based consortium felt that Milan wanted a quick sale, they would have had the upper hand & would have been able to knock down the price & got extended terms based on clauses.

It is noticable that Milan has mentioned "losing money on the deal" alot more recently, which is an indication of this

It is noticable that Milan has mentioned "losing money on the deal" alot more recently, which is an indication of this

Since pretty much no-one outside of Milan and the consortium know what was paid for the club, it's hard to tell which is the porkie - Mandaric selling for £39million (whatever combination of loan repayment and cash, it's still a chunky profit) or Mandaric losing millions.

I'd guess the latter since even he has realised that people are increasingly sussing just what he's done for the club and his show last Friday didn't make him any new friends. So, much better to pretend that he's suffered rather than profiting from ****ing up the club.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...ot-water-with-leicester-mayor-91466-27369519/
Former Swans boss Sousa in hot water with Leicester Mayor

Sep 30 2010 by Chris Wathan, Western Mail

PAULO SOUSA is fighting for his job at Leicester – with even the city’s Lord Mayor against him.

The former Swans boss, who quit the Liberty to take over at Leicester in July, and is under huge pressure following a miserable start to the season which has them rooted to the bottom of the Championship.

After a 6-1 hammering at the hands of Portsmouth, things did not get any better on Tuesday with a 4-3 defeat at Norwich and chairman Milan Mandaric giving the Portuguese a vote of confidence after growing supporter unrest over his reign.

But Sousa has even come under attack from civic circles after mayor and Leicester season-ticket holder Colin Hall blasted the Fratton Park disaster.

On social networking site Twitter, Hall wrote: “That was a video nasty! Sousa and Mandaric have shamed my club and my city. The sooner both of them leave, the better.”

Hall did not backtrack over his comments when pressed later, adding: “That was the worst performance I have seen for a very long time.“I was feeling a lot of frustration after the game and I think that is shared by a lot of other fans.”

Fans have started internet campaigns to oust Sousa amid reports of poor morale at the Walkers Stadium over the manager’s methods and two players having submitted transfer requests.

Leicester host Scunthorpe on Saturday, Sousa stating: “Every manager needs to win to keep his job.“I am still positive and all I am thinking about is to win on Saturday.”

So which two players? Hobbs and.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673