Taxi for Sousa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redditch Fox

Milan isn't going to go until he has got his money - and why should he? By all accounts that could take anything up to a couple of years. And I can't be the only one who is starting to think that there is an odd delay on the naming of the third 'investor'; somebody on whom the whole deal relies.

I'm hopingthat it isn't beyond the skills of lawyers to come up with the safeguards he requires for him to clear off. As you know I've been broadly in support of what Milan has tried to do since his takeover - but the Sousa situation is a bridge too far.

Or ... are you saying that Milan needs to stay to ensure that club policies/ management over the next two years enables thethe funds to be identified to pay off the remainder of his 'investments' in the club?

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I'm hopingthat it isn't beyond the skills of lawyers to come up with the safeguards he requires for him to clear off. As you know I've been broadly in support of what Milan has tried to do since his takeover - but the Sousa situation is a bridge too far.

Or ... are you saying that Milan needs to stay to ensure that club policies/ management over the next two years enables thethe funds to be identified to pay off the remainder of his 'investments' in the club?

What I am saying is that MM has said on several occasions that he will be around until the promised cash is safely in his account.

For the record I don't think Milan is part of the problem. It's what he is being forced by others to do to secure the deal that is the problem. I still count his years with us as being beneficial to the club as a whole; the managerial roundabout of three years ago was unfortunate but not his fault; the period in League One was a necessary stage in our redevelopment; it's his need to exit that's causing the problem and the fact that the only replacements who could find seem to know nothing about football.

Last edited:

Redditch Fox

What I am saying is that MM has said on several occasions that he will be around until the promised cash is safely in his account.

For the record I don't think Milan is part of the problem. It's what he is being forced by others to do to secure the deal that is the problem. I still count his years with us as being beneficial to the club as a whole; the managerial roundabout of three years ago was unfortunate but not his fault; the period in League One was a necessary stage in our redevelopment; it's his need to exit that's causing the problem and the fact that the only replacements who could find seem to know nothing about football.

OK - so basically it isn't enough for MM that full ownership is transfered, you're saying that the repayments to MM will take place over an extended period and that he is saying that he needs to be on the inside to ensure that those repayments of his investments actually happens.

I really wouldn't know - but my gut feeling is that it won't happen like that and that he will be out of Leicester City before very long.

As for the owners, I agree: this looks to me like a nightmare scenario where he managed to find some guys with the cash to get a bit of the action in English football with some general ideas of it being beneficial to their wider marketing strategies - but without any understanding of the new 'product' they has acquired and what to do about it except to use it try to connect with Far East consumers. It's not likely to work.

The Old Fox

I doubt that anything will happen until our ownership is sorted out properly and, I do not think that it should.

It appears that we have a four way tussle at LCFC. Milan, the new owners, Sousa and the team all have their own ideas as to what should happen. We will not progress until a manager, Sousa or A.N. Other, is given full control. Look at our signings, Sousa probably picked the freebies (who seem to have disappeared from the first team radar), Abe was almost certainly a sop to our new owners and Waghorn a Milan buy. It is clear that, whilst both our big signings look to be good players, they are not Sousa's choice.

homer

ANDE064.jpg

Leigh

Talking about us on SSN at the moment. Apparently Milan is meeting with the Thai investors in 'a secret location in London' today. Sounds exciting but I imagine it's more to do with the takeover.

They interviewed some fans outside the stadium, half of whom said it was too soon to change. And the reporter summerised by saying Sousa was 'well liked' around Leicester, particularly for his 'style of play'.

gregs_y2k

Are you being serious?

You mean to suggest that NP after a successful season here was approached by Hull (those giants of the English league) to take over there and just decided to up sticks and leave even if the money MAY have been slightly better?

Hull FFS, he was pushed, i have no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Nigel Pearson i known to be a very opportunist manager, the reason he was not kept on by Southampton after keeping them up is because he wanted too much money. Although I believe he deserved an improved contract after last season I do believe he felt he was worth a lot more than Leicester thought he was and that's where the stalemate set in. Hull offered him more so he went

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
AEK, you poach Sousa off us....I'll become a fan of your club for life.

Dear Mr Sousa

I can recommend the Greek sunshine to you; much better than our nasty English winters. There are flights to Athens tomorrow.

Nottingham Fox

Dear Mr Sousa

I can recommend the Greek sunshine to you; much better than our nasty English winters. There are flights to Athens tomorrow.

I reckon if you give me half hour, I might even be able to find him one later on this evening ...

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
?? Something about AEK?

Sousa's is the first name on their list to replace their coach who recently resigned.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
OK - so basically it isn't enough for MM that full ownership is transfered, you're saying that the repayments to MM will take place over an extended period and that he is saying that he needs to be on the inside to ensure that those repayments of his investments actually happens.

That's exactly what I have heard him say.

homer

Talking about us on SSN at the moment. Apparently Milan is meeting with the Thai investors in 'a secret location in London' today. Sounds exciting but I imagine it's more to do with the takeover.

They interviewed some fans outside the stadium, half of whom said it was too soon to change. And the reporter summerised by saying Sousa was 'well liked' around Leicester, particularly for his 'style of play'.

They seem to be going big on this story - my insane optimism tells me that they have been tipped off that something might be happening

Then my pessimistic realism kicks in and tells me that they're just a bunch of lazy journos who know feck all about feck all........

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I doubt that anything will happen until our ownership is sorted out properly and, I do not think that it should.

It appears that we have a four way tussle at LCFC. Milan, the new owners, Sousa and the team all have their own ideas as to what should happen. We will not progress until a manager, Sousa or A.N. Other, is given full control. Look at our signings, Sousa probably picked the freebies (who seem to have disappeared from the first team radar), Abe was almost certainly a sop to our new owners and Waghorn a Milan buy. It is clear that, whilst both our big signings look to be good players, they are not Sousa's choice.

It's also clear that the new owners are not going to allow Sousa or any other manager anything like full control. They have already announced that a Thai and a Chinese player will be signed in the December window.

The Old Fox

It's also clear that the new owners are not going to allow Sousa or any other manager anything like full control. They have already announced that a Thai and a Chinese player will be signed in the December window.

I agree but, at the stage of one chairman, a manager must tell the board who is in control of footballing matters. It is plain daft that we paid £2 million for Waghorn to be played as a winger.

We are in danger of a return to the Martin Allen days when he must have arrived some mornings wondering which new faces he might come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669