Taxi for Sousa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I'm surprised you haven't mentioned it before now

One day Macky I hope to buy you a cream tea there.

To get back on topic the players must see the Mercury. A headline like "Sousa I'm Under No Pressure" must make him a dressing room joke.
Players like Howard, Oakley and Wellens have been around enough to know exactly what the pressure is and to tell the youngsters.

Sousa's post match comments this season have ranged from the incoherent to the stupid (QPR) and to the feeling of a manager in denial (Reading and Portsmouth).

I do not believe that Sousa is capable of turning the situation around.

One day Macky I hope to buy you a cream tea there.

To get back on topic the players must see the Mercury. A headline like "Sousa I'm Under No Pressure" must make him a dressing room joke.
Players like Howard, Oakley and Wellens have been around enough to know exactly what the pressure is and to tell the youngsters.

Sousa's post match comments this season have ranged from the incoherent to the stupid (QPR) and to the feeling of a manager in denial (Reading and Portsmouth).

I do not believe that Sousa is capable of turning the situation around.

What person in their right mind would ? Honestly if he doesnt feel under pressure the man must just be 100% ego and nothing more.

Its pretty clear that Sousa doesn't know anything about the team hes managing and is looking greener than a new born babies poo poo.
Tinkering around with an engine that you know nothing about will only lead to disaster.
His only hope would be to take on all the help he can get from the likes of Powell and other staff that actually know the team they are coaching and then maybe he may start to learn something about how to manage LCFC.

He doesn't seem to look at the teams we play! We should hve known exactly how to deal with pompey because we played them tuesday. Should have known exactly how to prevent everything.
Get him out,
and give Powell a go!

It quickly became clear that Sousa was a poor appointment and of course he should go for all the reasons that have been discussed e.g. tactics unsuited to the league we are in and the players he inherited.

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. Other problems include the MM situation going bad now. How can the club move in the right direction with a chairman being televised smiling away while his team is being murdered and using the media to promote his interest in flying his carpet to a rival club? How good is it to have owners whose main interests are focussed in the Far East and who may well be set on bringing players from there as a marketing strategy rather than for football led reasons.

I've actually paid to watch a few games this season and I can't say that I've particularly enjoyed much of them. That may be because of my unrealistic expectations - but I sense that the heart has gone from the club and it's difficult to see a clear road back at the moment.

It quickly became clear that Sousa was a poor appointment and of course he should go for all the reasons that have been discussed e.g. tactics unsuited to the league we are in and the players he inherited.

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple as that. Other problems include the MM situation going bad now. How can the club move in the right direction with a chairman being televised smiling away while his team is being murdered and using the media to promote his interest in flying his carpet to a rival club? How good is it to have owners whose main interests are focussed in the Far East and who may well be set on bringing players from there as a marketing strategy rather than for football led reasons.

I've actually paid to watch a few games this season and I can't say that I've particularly enjoyed much of them. That may be because of my unrealistic expectations - but I sense that the heart has gone from the club and it's difficult to see a clear road back at the moment.

Exactly how I see the whole shambles. We've got owners who couldn't give a shit that China are absolute wank as far as football is concerned. Can't believe I was stupid enough to buy a season ticket for this year, it was purchased before the bellends invaded our club but I still feel I should have returned or sold it by now.

Tell me which manager would come in to this madhouse?

Feck off with the "Martin O'Neil" comments, you're living in a ****ing dream.
Curbishley? No way he would come here, same with Coppell.

So, the question is, who?

Exactly how I see the whole shambles. We've got owners who couldn't give a shit that China are absolute wank as far as football is concerned. Can't believe I was stupid enough to buy a season ticket for this year, it was purchased before the bellends invaded our club but I still feel I should have returned or sold it by now.

Well I bought two season tickets for years and years - but in spite of their value for money on an if you attend every case basis against the OTT costs of most match tickets - I'm glad I don't have any now.

There will be a solution to these problems - if only because the new owners are going to find that the Leicester paying public are not total mugs. But I'm afraid there is going to be a lot of pain first and it will take time.

In these situations and in all businesses, I've tended to find that things improve as the problem people move out so that needs to start with Sousa out; MM moving on asap and the Thai guys learning their lessons (unlikely) or (more likely) new owners emerging who have some feeling for the club.
There is a danger that I will soon be feeling some empathy with the Foxes Trust!

Sven.

Not a bad shout. He's probably the type.

Not sure about any of this anymore. I think I want Rob Kelly back.

If they do get rid of Sousa, Sven is exactly the type of manager I would expect them to appoint. Would he be any good? Better than the current incumbent without a doubt.

Since we are bottom of the table lets be clear we are in a relegation dogfight.

However, it is not all doom and gloom. The season that we were relegated Megson and Holloway inherited the worst Leicester squad that I have known. Who ever takes over from Sousa inherits a bad team composed of good players.

I also think we may be too pessimistic about the owners. Clearly they are not in its for the good of the club - they are no Jack Walker. They are in it for the good of King Power - but it is no advertisement for King Power if we are in League One. They want King Power represented in the Premiership so hopefully their interests and ours are the same.

For the record my choice of manager would be Chris Powell.

There are those who will claim my optimism makes me a "Blue Mongie" but I pleaded guilty to that years ago.

For the record my choice of manager would be Chris Powell.

Why?

That is not meant as an attack, I am genuinely interested: you are not the first to suggest Powell and I wondered what leads people to assume that he a. wants to be manager b. would be any good and c. were we to dispose of Sousa, would an untried manager be the best prospect in our current circumstances?

I also think we may be too pessimistic about the owners. Clearly they are not in its for the good of the club - they are no Jack Walker. They are in it for the good of King Power - but it is no advertisement for King Power if we are in League One. They want King Power represented in the Premiership so hopefully their interests and ours are the same.

I agree but my only worry is whether they may get fed up and walk away leaving us up shit street.

Who ever it is there will be some that think it's a good appointment and others who don't. There will be those that want him sacked if be loses the first game and others that say give it time. And after few games one group will be smug and say "told you so" and "I can't believe you didn't agree with us".

Alan Pardew is available
Waits for someone to moan about him

I think that a new manager should ideally be someone who has a track record of achieving success in this league.

Unfortunately, it isn't as simple of replacing Sousa. There is the massive problem of owners who are seemingly intent on bringing in Far East players who are very unlikely to help us achieve success.

I wouldn't know how practical it would be to try to change their minds. I fear that we have to go through a lot of failure before they learn anything. But we shall see.

O'Neill to make a return, bring in Bruno, job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669