Votes: 1 1.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Long term unemployment is lower now than in 1997.
2. The number on JSA is lower now than in 1997.
3. The total unemployed is lower now than in 1997.
4. The total number of people on inactive benefits is lower than in 1997.

All in the light of the worst world recession since the 2nd World War.

There are plenty of things you can rightly criticise this Government for, but mismanagement of unemployment is not one of them.

Gordon? Is that you or is Peter messing with your keyboard, the scallywag.

There are plenty of things you can rightly criticise this Government for, but mismanagement of unemployment is not one of them.

You can make whatever capital you like about the various statistics floating around, be it employment or national debt or anything else for that matter - and everyone is entitled to make there own mind up as to where the blame lies for each of them

I was merely responding to your condescending remarks as to where Major got his figures from - he was merely quoting from the Government's own universally accepted definition of 'unemployment'

Last edited:
i walked by my MP Kate Hoey at the weekend, i actually worked for her when she was Sports' Minister

very nice person as she is...i might be tempted to vote Lib Dem will make my mind up nearer the day

Personally I think they are both as bad as each other. I currently havent decided who to vote for and will wait to see which party seems to offer the best option (although no doubt whatever they promise will be quickly changed once they are elected).

I was merely responding to your condescending remarks as to where Major got his figures from - he was merely quoting from the Government's own universally accepted definition of 'unemployment'

Perhaps he deserves what you call "condescending remarks" (in fact, there was only one of them) if he does not compare like with like and thereby draws an incorrect conclusion - much as the Daily Mail does.

Your point about unemployment and public sector jobs is complete nonsense. The only parts of the public sector that have significantly increased since Labour came to power are NHS and teaching.

Don't suppose you know what percentage of the extra staff employed in the health service by Nu-Labour are in managerial, administrative or non-nursing roles do you?

Personally I think they are both as bad as each other. I currently havent decided who to vote for and will wait to see which party seems to offer the best option (although no doubt whatever they promise will be quickly changed once they are elected).

which makes a mockery of the whole election process, it looks as if some are voting for 'best of a bad lot', there all full of shit and like you say theyll change their minds whatever they propose :102:

If I threw as much money at a recession as the current Government has, I'd expect unemployment to be comparatively healthy too. IMHO they have shit on the floor, called it fertiliser and have left the mess for some other shmuck to clean up, again.

which makes a mockery of the whole election process, it looks as if some are voting for 'best of a bad lot', there all full of shit and like you say theyll change their minds whatever they propose :102:

This is the one bit that really does annoy me, because it shouldnt be allowed. It seems that all they do is change the name of something and then keep exactly the same framework (student loans, lisbon treaty).

At least by voting for one of them I then have the right to moan about how shit a job they are doing.

IMO if you dont vote then you waiver the right to complain about how the country is run.

If I threw as much money at a recession as the current Government has, I'd expect unemployment to be comparatively healthy too. IMHO they have shit on the floor, called it fertiliser and have left the mess for some other shmuck to clean up, again.

Which is why it would make sense from a labour point of view if they didnt win this election. It would give them a chance of coming back in 4 years and complaining about how the Tories havent been able to clean up any of the shit (completely ignoring the fact that it was them that created it).

You only have to look at the Yanks and how much stick Obama is getting, to realise that people have short memories.

:038:

IIRC, when I bought my first home in 1990, my mortgage interest rate was between 12 and 13% - my mortgage payment was almost as much as my husband's monthly salary.

Couple this with the Poll Tax debacle and the fact that NHS waiting lists were ridiculously long, these are amongst the reasons why the prospect of another Tory government does not fill me with joy.

When I started voting, I was curious to see what a Labour government would be like, just as most of the new voters today are wondering about a Tory one.

As you can clearly see, my political knowledge is very basic to non-existent, but I have never been so well off as I have been recently and I fully expect to be considerably worse off financially if the Tories get back in.

Anybody who thinks that this country would be in better hands with halfwits like Cameron and Osbourne is thick or insane.

The irony of this statement is astounding. To dismiss almost two fifths of the voting population as "thick or insane" is not the most intelligent argument that you could have made, particularly when you consider the typical Tory voter demographic and particularly when you appear to have a pretty decent knowledge of UK politics.

I can't understand how anybody can use the last Tory Government as a marker against the current party. They have many new policies and many new faces so surely they would do the job differently.

I appreciate that I was a child when they were last in charge so I have no memory of financial woe to affect my decision on this election. I just think things change, I mean the last time the Tories were in power Skoda's were shit cars - now they are good. :icon_bigg

I can't understand how anybody can use the last Tory Government as a marker against the current party. They have many new policies and many new faces so surely they would do the job differently.

I appreciate that I was a child when they were last in charge so I have no memory of financial woe to affect my decision on this election. I just think things change, I mean the last time the Tories were in power Skoda's were shit cars - now they are good. :icon_bigg

Doesn't the word "conservative" by nature indicate to you they aren't a party who like to change? :102:

Doesn't the word "conservative" by nature indicate to you they aren't a party who like to change? :102:

Maybe we could have done with a bit of "Conservative" when Brown and his crooked cronies were writing out blank cheques.

I've always been under the impression that under the Tories "the rich get richer and the poor get poorer".

New people may do the job differently, but I thought each party's ethos would be to follow the traditional principles of each party, otherwise there'd be no "left" or "right" :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669