TBers Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving Sedona and heading north, through Oak Creek Canyon...

Oak-Creek-Canyon-10-1130-01.jpg

Oak-Creek-Canyon-10-1130-08.jpg

... and past the San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff, the highest point in Arizona at 12,633 feet (3,851 metres)

San-Fransisco-Peaks-10-1130-17.jpg

San-Fransisco-Peaks-10-1130-18.jpg

Next stop, Grand Canyon. I haven't got that far with the photos though, so you'll have to wait a few days. Not that it's possible to take photos of the Grand Canyon and have them make any sense...

I reckon there's more to it than have a decent camera.

If you don't have the knack of being able to take a decent pic(either on one of those EOS thingies or a basic compact) then you can have all the kit in the world, and it won't make a jot of difference if you don't know the right second to take the shot.

Agree completely. I can "do" photography I think to an OK level, but I could buy the most expensive paints and pencils and best canvas and couldn't paint or draw anything worth looking at to save my life.

Excellent pics Des, I'm not normally as big a fan of landscape pics but I do love the American vistas. Makes me want to be back again.

By the way, if anyone ever decides to visit SE Arizona on the strength of my photos and me talking it up all the time, I'd love to know about it...
Actually, when we drove to the Grand Canyon from Vegas last summer, I did think of your pics, and I did hope that I could get at least one decent photo!!

The scenery, and the changes that we saw in just a few hours drive, were remarkable. I took some shots whilst we were driving, unfortunately we didn't stop. But then again, if I made Biffa Bacon stop the car every time I saw something interesting, it would have taken us days to make the journey!

Finally took the plunge and splashed out on the Canon 500d. Complete novice and didn't have the biggest of budgets so was happy to be able to afford that camera. Got a good deal and got a nice bag, tripod, memory card and a couple of lenses chucked in.

Couple of questions for you budding or pro photographers. Other than photographing Office Depot for Lazzer and Durham :icon_bigg , can anyone recommend a few decent places to go and take a few photo's and just click away and change settings to change.

Anywhere around the county or just outside would be fine. I've been to Breedon on the Hill and took a few shots around the shepshed area but not gone out of the area much and looking to spread my wings.

Also Does anyone use Flickr to upload your photo's onto. Whilst i'm practising i wouldn't mind a website to put a few of my shots on. Anyone know if this is the best thing around or can recommend anywhere else to put my photo's on.

Sedona has to be one of my favourite places in AZ. I quite liked Bisbee too.

In September we have a wedding to go to in Portland so will be doing a road trip from Seattle through Portland, down HWY1 and then back to to Tucson, should be fun.

Foxton Locks as well.

Don't go for just scenic places, whilst you are getting used to your canera take photos of anything and everything, buildings, people, animals, flowers and random objects from unusual angles etc.

Don't limit yourself to the typical touristy photos, that way you get to find out what sort of thing you know you'll enjoy photographing them ost.

Finally took the plunge and splashed out on the Canon 500d. Complete novice and didn't have the biggest of budgets so was happy to be able to afford that camera. Got a good deal and got a nice bag, tripod, memory card and a couple of lenses chucked in.

Couple of questions for you budding or pro photographers. Other than photographing Office Depot for Lazzer and Durham :icon_bigg , can anyone recommend a few decent places to go and take a few photo's and just click away and change settings to change.

Anywhere around the county or just outside would be fine. I've been to Breedon on the Hill and took a few shots around the shepshed area but not gone out of the area much and looking to spread my wings.

Also Does anyone use Flickr to upload your photo's onto. Whilst i'm practising i wouldn't mind a website to put a few of my shots on. Anyone know if this is the best thing around or can recommend anywhere else to put my photo's on.

As mentioned, Bradgate Park, Watermead Ressie, Abbey Park are all good for landscapes and animals, though to be honest it's pretty drab out there at the minute and not many animals about.

Foxton Locks as well.

Don't go for just scenic places, whilst you are getting used to your canera take photos of anything and everything, buildings, people, animals, flowers and random objects from unusual angles etc.

Don't limit yourself to the typical touristy photos, that way you get to find out what sort of thing you know you'll enjoy photographing them ost.

I agree, just shoot anything and everything, you'll soon get used to the different settings and lenses.

As for Flickr start with the free account and if you keep it up then go for the pro. There are a few on here that are on there if you want to check it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbeighton

Is mine.

Be very careful though if considering taking pictures of people from unusual angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669