Team for Norwich?

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Vries is starting according to the OS ... and I can't be arsed to put the link to it in here..

Oh I can't wait until the game tomorrow....honest

joe501 said:
i think maybury could do a good job ont he right as he can pass well and has a nice cross.

I have been thinking this myself for some time. I think Maybury would do a decent job on the RW. Hes attacking and as you say he is a capable crosser. As we have seen on a couple of occassions he has a decent shot too.

Even if he was totally shit he would be better than sylla.

If De Vries is starting, it better be with Hume!

De Vries starting might mean Elvis goes on the right wing... I think that's what I'd do. Smith and Hammond on the wings with Hume and De Vries upfront... Can't see it though.

CL has said they play 4-3-3 and counter attack so we'll try and stop them playing, but also says we'll have an attacking lineup... so really I have no idea what team he is going to play! Do think Gerrbrand will be dropped for either Dion or Johansson though, as if they counter attack and he wants to stop that, he'll probably play a deep defence and would rather have one of the bigger players in there.

Wouldn't be suprised to see a 3-5-2/5-3-2 tomorrow even, so they'll try and deal with their front 3 while at the same time giving us a forward 2 and width as Levein has said De Vries will start and "at some point we are going to have to throw the ball into the box."

But as I said, at this point, I have no idea what Levein is doing! It will probably be the 4-4-2 I posted at the start, just with De Vries in for Hammond.

BTW, here is Levein's preview of the game; http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10274~761741,00.html

Last edited:
Graz said:
...........so really I have no idea what team he is going to play! ..............

Neither does he at the mo. Id like to bet he will wait until they annouce their team and set up a formation/team to react to that. Rather than playing like a home team and go out and attack them with a 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2.

IMO and reading from his comments, he is playing De Vries because we will need to throw the ball into the box, which suggests to me that Sylla will play wide right as he is a better deliverer of a cross than Hammond, I have a horrible feeling we will play 4 - 5 - 1 to counteract the way Norwich play the line up I expect and fear from Levein :

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Dublin
Maybury

Sylla
Williams
Kisnorbo
Gudjonsson
Smith

MDV

Subs

Hughes
Gerrbrand
Hamill
Hammond
Hume

PFKAKTF FOX said:
IMO and reading from his comments, he is playing De Vries because we will need to throw the ball into the box, which suggests to me that Sylla will play wide right as he is a better deliverer of a cross than Hammond, I have a horrible feeling we will play 4 - 5 - 1 to counteract the way Norwich play the line up I expect and fear from Levein :

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Dublin
Maybury

Sylla
Williams
Kisnorbo
Gudjonsson
Smith

MDV

Subs

Hughes
Gerrbrand
Hamill
Hammond
Hume

The damage limitation formation.

Not going to try and guess the line-up as don't think I've been right all season. Don't care if we play the cheerleaders, just please can we get 3 points!!! Infact thats not a bad idea maybe the Norwich lads are partial to a bit of skirt!

PFKAKTF FOX said:

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Dublin
Maybury

Sylla
Williams
Kisnorbo
Gudjonsson
Smith

MDV

Subs

Hughes
Gerrbrand
Hamill
Hammond
Hume

dear god no i hope not - its another case of points dropped if we play that formation

CL said on the OS today 'we will go out to win the game like we do every game'. I cannot believe that we went out to win the game at reading. I think if we tried to attack against reading but lost 2-0 he would not be under so much pressure from the fans.

joe501 said:
dear god no i hope not - its another case of points dropped if we play that formation

CL said on the OS today 'we will go out to win the game like we do every game'. I cannot believe that we went out to win the game at reading. I think if we tried to attack against reading but lost 2-0 he would not be under so much pressure from the fans.

But you can win a game 1 - 0, soak up pressure, stifle the opposition and nick a goal on the break and then sit back and defend your lead. I would say most teams would say that they go out to win every game, but that doesnt necessarily mean sticking 3 people up front and going gung ho for goals from the 1st minute to last. There are many different ways to win football matches. I think Craig is going to go back to his more defensive approach and try to keep games tight and then hope that Hume, Hammond or MDV can nick a goal.

We are also in a position, where single points will become important, wins will be a big bonus when you are fighting it out at the bottom, but picking up draws will also assist in trying to pull away from the relegation places, IMO I expect Craig to adopt a more defensive, robust approach and try to go out and grind out a few results, at the moment the last thing this manager can afford is a heavy defeat, and going out playing champagne football and getting hammered will not save him. For Craig now is all about results, earlier in the season he could be afforded a defeat, we were trying to play expansive, open football but now it has become very tight, people are nervous and the pressure is on.

Douglas (CL will never give Hendo a chance)
Maybury (one of CL's favourite)
McCarthy (another one of CL's favourite)
Gerrabrand (been quite good since he's had a run in the team)
Kisnorbo (yet another one of CL's favourite)
Sylla (when is he fekking off to Africa?)
Gudjonnson (pretty much first name on the teamsheet I'd have thought)
Hughes (CL prefers him to Williams I think)
Smith (rested for Reading, hopefully fresh and raring to go)
Hume (cant really fault his effort)
Hammond (again rested and should be fresh)

no way should Dublin play in defence, Huckerby and Ashton's pace would p!ss all over us, rather have Stearman in place of Gerrabrand if he was to be dropped. Likewise for us, MDV against good headerers Fleming and Doherty would be uselss, Hume and Hammond's pace should give them an advantage over these big slow center backs.

lcfcrules said:
Douglas (CL will never give Hendo a chance)
Maybury (one of CL's favourite)
McCarthy (another one of CL's favourite)
Gerrabrand (been quite good since he's had a run in the team)
Kisnorbo (yet another one of CL's favourite)
Sylla (when is he fekking off to Africa?)
Gudjonnson (pretty much first name on the teamsheet I'd have thought)
Hughes (CL prefers him to Williams I think)
Smith (rested for Reading, hopefully fresh and raring to go)
Hume (cant really fault his effort)
Hammond (again rested and should be fresh)

no way should Dublin play in defence, Huckerby and Ashton's pace would p!ss all over us, rather have Stearman in place of Gerrabrand if he was to be dropped. Likewise for us, MDV against good headerers Fleming and Doherty would be uselss, Hume and Hammond's pace should give them an advantage over these big slow center backs.

Levein has already stated that Norwich play quite deep and hit teams on the break, and that we are going to have "throw balls into the box", which says to me that we are going to play fairly long ball stuff today. I would imagine the full backs will be expected to hit a lot of diagonal balls from quite deep aiming for MDV, and then hoping that the others can feed off the scraps. Doesnt sound like it is going to be a classic, but you never know, just as long as we get the 3 points.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Levein has already stated that Norwich play quite deep and hit teams on the break, and that we are going to have "throw balls into the box", which says to me that we are going to play fairly long ball stuff today. I would imagine the full backs will be expected to hit a lot of diagonal balls from quite deep aiming for MDV, and then hoping that the others can feed off the scraps. Doesnt sound like it is going to be a classic, but you never know, just as long as we get the 3 points.

plz 3 ponits plz

Douglas

Maybury
McCarthy
JoBrand
Stearman

Hughes
Kisnorbo
Gudjohnsson
Smith

Hume
Hammond

beaumontfox said:
you don't think McCarthy merits his place in the team then?

I dont either, not automatic anyway,makes too many mistakes. Gets booked too easily as in the school of Danny Tiatto!
IMO Gerrbrand and Nissa are a much better prospect in central defence.

Also get that twat Rab out of goal........

beaumontfox said:
you don't think McCarthy merits his place in the team then?

I don't like the way he has a go at others when they make a mistake when he himself commits plenty of stupid mistakes.
I agree with BG that Nissa and Gerrabrand would probably be the best defensive partnership, but CL has already said that "McCarthy is the best defender we have at the club."

lcfcrules said:
I don't like the way he has a go at others when they make a mistake when he himself commits plenty of stupid mistakes.
I agree with BG that Nissa and Gerrabrand would probably be the best defensive partnership, but CL has already said that "McCarthy is the best defender we have at the club."

Exactly my point too. My respect for him went when he had a go at Stearman. If CL says he is the best defender at the club, well that says it all. :102:

Hi new member here!

After reading theses discussions for the last two years I thought I'd better register and air my views as this season is incredibly boring and I can share my fraustrations on this forum.

The best team and formation with the players we have would be 3- 5 - 2.

It would be interesting to see this team to have a 3 or 4 game run out.

Henderson

Gerrbrand
McCarthy
Dublin

Smith
Hughes
Gudjonnson
Williams
Sylla

Hume
Hammond

Status