Team so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to disagree, I think that with the players brought in and the remainder from last season we should get mid table at least if the manager can get them firing on all cylinders

I agree with this. In my opinion, the signings have improved the squad and most people close to the club expect signings in midfield and possibly up front before he season starts. From what I have see, Nielsen is better than Henderson / Logan, N’Gotty is better than McCarthy and Kishishev is a huge step up from Hughes / Tiatto, I know nothing about Hellings but he must be better that Jarrett, Cort could be great, but a fit Hume and Fryatt are a great combination anyway (Fulham away in the cup was a great example). In addition, Wesolowski in particular, along with Mattock, Stearman, Sappleton, Odhiambo and Dodds all look like they could contribute positively this season. Added to the players who I thought did perform acceptably last year (i.e. Kisnorbo, McAuley and Porter), I think we’re in much better shape.

thanks doggie and beighton, a bit of support

Last edited:
So if they have the same skill level as the players they replaced, but aren't jaded by Leicester and are prepared to give 110% every week, then this is no improvement to you?

No not really. i dont think any of the players apart from Cort and Hellings (havent seen hellings play) will make any improvement. If the season started tomorrow with this squad we wouldnt finish any higher than 19th, just my opinion. But i think we'll sign at least another 5-6 players.

I agree with this. In my opinion, the signings have improved the squad and most people close to the club expect signings in midfield and possibly up front before he season starts. From what I have see, Nielsen is better than Henderson / Logan, N’Gotty is better than McCarthy and Kishishev is a huge step up from Hughes / Tiatto, I know nothing about Hellings but he must be better that Jarrett, Cort could be great, but a fit Hume and Fryatt are a great combination anyway (Fulham away in the cup was a great example). In addition, Wesolowski in particular, along with Mattock, Stearman, Sappleton, Odhiambo and Dodds all look like they could contribute positively this season. Added to the players who I thought did perform acceptably last year (i.e. Kisnorbo, McAuley and Porter), I think we’re in much better shape.

Is this Nielsen any good then, I know nothing about him? What makes you think he's any better than Henderson/Logan? And what makes you think Hellings is going to be better than Jarrett?

Last edited:
No not really. i dont think any of the players apart from Cort and Hellings (havent seen hellings play) will make any improvement. If the season started tomorrow with this squad we wouldnt finish any higher than 19th, just my opinion. But i think we'll sign at least another 5-6 players.

Is this Nielsen any good then, I know nothing about him? What makes you think he's any better than Henderson/Logan? And what makes you think Hellings is going to be better than Jarrett?

:102:

I'm not saying jarrett was any good but how do you know Hellings is going to be any better? Anyone seen him play or know much about him? What about Nielson, anyone know much about him?

I'm not saying jarrett was any good but how do you know Hellings is going to be any better? Anyone seen him play or know much about him? What about Nielson, anyone know much about him?

But you said Hellings would make an improvement yourself

My comments on Hellings were tongue in cheek. I know nothing about him, but having seen Jarrett play a lot at the back end of last season, I know I'd much rather take my chances with a youthful midfielder with excellent pedigree. I'm still unsure where Hellings' position in the team will be (does anyone know?) Hopefully, he can play wide either in midfield (right with Levi on the left) or at full back. I admit, we're really short in midfield at the minute, although Kishishev will add a lot that we have lacked over the last two seasons and I still think that Weso will become one of our best players if he can avoid breaking his leg again!

As for Nielsen, I have never seen him live, but I have seen highlights of him on TV and, along with many comments from people who know much more about him than I do, I'm pretty excited that we may have a keeper who the back four actually have some faith in again. That said, I do think Logan has a huge future (3 years time) ahead of him.

Yeah I guess we might have to rely a little on some of our championship winning acclaimed Acadamy team to make up the numbers.

Still lots of work to do........this team won't win 60% of it's games next season. now add in a bit of Kaebi, Saganowski, McLeod, Best, Holland, and we might be talking.....

Nielsen

Chambers
Mcauley
Kisnorbo
Mattock

Wesolowski
Kishishev
Hellings

Hume

Cort
Fryatt

who's the right winger in the youth team? is it Wykes, McKay or Gradel? Hopefully one of them pushes for a place, as we are f*cked on the right wing.

Still lots of work to do........this team won't win 60% of it's games next season. now add in a bit of Kaebi, Saganowski, McLeod, Best, Holland, and we might be talking.....

Nielsen

Chambers
Mcauley
Kisnorbo
Mattock

Wesolowski
Kishishev
Hellings

Hume

Cort
Fryatt

Sparky, not having a go with this question, but why do you see McLeod & Best as 'Quality'. You have mentioned them 3-4 times in different threads?
If we signed any of these two I would be no more excited than any of the others we have got in. Infact if we signed McLeod it would mean a fee and I think there are surely better players we could spend money on IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669