Team so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparky, not having a go with this question, but why do you see McLeod & Best as 'Quality'. You have mentioned them 3-4 times in different threads?
If we signed any of these two I would be no more excited than any of the others we have got in. Infact if we signed McLeod it would mean a fee and I think there are surely better players we could spend money on IMO.

It is somebody he has heard of quite simply

Still lots of work to do........this team won't win 60% of it's games next season. now add in a bit of Kaebi, Saganowski, McLeod, Best, Holland, and we might be talking.....

Nielsen

Chambers
Mcauley
Kisnorbo
Mattock

Wesolowski
Kishishev
Hellings

Hume

Cort
Fryatt

Do you think Mattock is ahead of N'Gotty for the start of the season? I know he impressed at the back end of last year, but I reckon experience will count in bruno's favour. What does anyone think mattock's best position will turn out to be - I'm thinking central midfield.

Do you think Mattock is ahead of N'Gotty for the start of the season? I know he impressed at the back end of last year, but I reckon experience will count in bruno's favour. What does anyone think mattock's best position will turn out to be - I'm thinking central midfield.

The obvious choice for a natural left back :icon_roll

Mattock is a left back (or, if desperate, left midfield)

N'Gotty is a centre half (or, if desperate, right back)

Last edited:
Mattock is a left back (or, if desperate, left midfield)

N'Gotty is a centre half (or, if desperate, right back)

But McAuley could easily be shifted to left back, with N'G and Kis in the centre.

The obvious choice for a natural left back :icon_roll

You could say the same about stearman and "natural right back" but i think he has impressed most in central midfield, e.g. vs. villa. Mattock is very young and it's very feasable that he hasn't found his best position yet. He seems mobile, combative, good in the air and composed...

Are you drunk ?

If only - unfortunately my office is surprisingly prudish about that sort of thing. He played there for Lincoln for a bit so I'm told, and it really wouldn't surprise me if someone as versatile as bruno ended up in that position.

You could say the same about stearman and "natural right back" but i think he has impressed most in central midfield, e.g. vs. villa. Mattock is very young and it's very feasable that he hasn't found his best position yet. He seems mobile, combative, good in the air and composed...

I agree - great qualities for the Left Back that he is

I agree - great qualities for the Left Back that he is

but according to you if the player (kishishev) has been playing in a certain possition that is his possition, so that means mattock is a left midfielder.

but according to you if the player (kishishev) has been playing in a certain possition that is his possition, so that means mattock is a left midfielder.

Behave yourself, you big tart :icon_lol:

__________________Nielsen

N'gotty_____Kisnorbo______McAuley_____Chambers

?________Hellings_____Kishishev_________?

__________Cort_______Hume

Subs:
Fryatt
Sappleton
Henderson
Mattock
Stearman

IN - £230,000

26 June James Chambers from Watford - 3 Year contract
19 June Radostin Kishishev from Charlton Athletic - 2 Year contract
19 June Sergio Hellings from AGOVV Apeldoorn - 2 Year contract
8 June Carl Cort from Wolves - 2 year contract
6 June Ricky Sappleton from QPR
4 June Jimmy Nielsen from AaB Aalborg 230k - 2 Year contract
4 June Bruno N'Gotty from Birmingham - 2 Year contract

OUT - £650,000

6 June - Patrick McCarthy - Turned down improved contract - Charlton £650K
21 May - Danny Tiatto - Contract expired, joining Queensland Roar.
21 May - Andy Johnson - Contract expired, joining Barnsley
21 May - Scott Lycett - Contract expired.
21 May - Danny Cadamarteri - Contract expired, joining Huddersfield
21 May - Nils-Eric Johansson - Contract expired, joining AIK Sweden

TRANSFER LISTED

Mark de Vries - June 2007
Rab Douglas - June 2007
Steven Hughes - June 2007
Alan Maybury - June 2007
Elvis Hammond - June 2007
Darren Kenton - June 2007

Loans Completed

Geoff Horsfield
Shaun Newton
Mark Yeates
Jason Jarrett

So that is 10 OUT and 6 more GOING but only 7 IN. So we will be 9 short of last year's squad size! Let us hope that the magic date of July 1 brings us some pleasant surprises, otherwise we will be lumping it up to Rab Douglas as our substitute striker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669