TEAMtalk's Mark Holmes is a WankEr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

What a right old dickhead, doesn't know what he is talking about, why get me angry so close to the start of the season, least Anil Kumble hit a amazing score in the cricket :biggrin:

One side to splash the cash this summer are Leicester and although heavily tipped, I'd be wary of backing a side that have undergone such a turnover of players.
DJ Campbell, although over-priced, stands out as a good buy but the likes of Shaun Newton, Bruno N'Gotty, Carl Cort and relative unknown Sergio Hellings stink of mediocrity and Martin Allen's side can forget about promotion in my opinion

and another comment from ian hollowman

I think the game's gone absolutely bonkers and the one that started it all off was Jobi McAnuff for £1.75m from Crystal Palace to Watford.

That never made sense to me. He's a good player but he's not worth that much, surely?

Then there's Michael Chopra. A year ago he was worth £500,000, this year it's £5m! When's it going to stop? It's absolutely barmy.

There's no chance of me being able to compete with that, not unless someone buys half my team for silly money. How are you going to get value for money?

When DJ Campbell goes for £2m - and really he's only played in Birmingham City's reserves and Brentford's first team - it's absolute madness.

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Campbell, although over-priced, stands out as a good buy

hmmm

he certainly puts the moron into oxymoron...

What a right old dickhead, doesn't know what he is talking about, why get me angry so close to the start of the season, least Anil Kumble hit a amazing score in the cricket :biggrin:

He's got a fair point IMO, we did pay to much for Campbell and some of the signing are average. Time will tell, depends on who else we sign. If DJ bangs 20+ in he'll be a bargain!

everybody is entitled to there opinion, and at least it gives us an insite into what non leicester fans are thinking of our spending and chances.

I think it's quite fair, I don't think you can expect promotion this year. We'll all hope for it, but I don't expect it. And before I've seen him play, I think Campbell is over-priced as well. I hope he will be worth the money this season.

and another comment from ian hollowman

I think the game's gone absolutely bonkers and the one that started it all off was Jobi McAnuff for £1.75m from Crystal Palace to Watford.

That never made sense to me. He's a good player but he's not worth that much, surely?

Then there's Michael Chopra. A year ago he was worth £500,000, this year it's £5m! When's it going to stop? It's absolutely barmy.

There's no chance of me being able to compete with that, not unless someone buys half my team for silly money. How are you going to get value for money?

When DJ Campbell goes for £2m - and really he's only played in Birmingham City's reserves and Brentford's first team - it's absolute madness.[/QUOTE]

The man talks sense I'm affraid

Campbell may be slightly over priced but calling hellings a "unknown" then saying he is "adverage" before seeing him play is slightly twatish
:018:

as for non leicester fans view on leicester, from what i have heard/read/seen so far its all good. even seen an arsenal fan thinking we will beat blackpool 4-0.

Mark Holmes is a spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670