Temporary Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto said:
Don't mention that plod Bassett. A temporary manager won't solve the problem...(we've had too many) Give Levein until early January, then for God's sake find a real, proven talent not a series a tired, fired losers or an ex-Scottish team manager. (Notice how well Hearts are doing now?):118:

Welcome to the forum, Toronto.

highland fox said:
So we have a Temporary Manager Shortlist of

Dave 'Wobbly' Bassett
Jim Smith
Roy Evans (assisted by Pat and Barry no doubt)
Big Ron The Racist Atkinson
Bobby Robson
Elliott & Taggert
Dion Dublin

Anymore ? :102: :102: :icon_cry:

Andy Pandy

Brauny Blue said:
Roy Cropper
Hayley Cropper. 'She' could compare choppers with Dublin.

Where's Bobby Robson at the moment?
An old hand at the helm for a while?

Think Bobby is in front of the tv in the comunal tv room at the Newcastle Convelscence (spelt wrong I know but I cant be ar**d) Home.

is clive really from leicester. get keegan in

lako42 said:
is clive really from leicester. get keegan in
at least we would get some 'exciting' football. 5 all anyone?

that will do for me, plus im pretty sure the attendance would increase a bit :)
sure he would have a few good connections aswell

How about Kevin Keegan assisted by Nigel Clough, Keegan could do the job either to the end of the season, then let Clough Jnr take it on, or better still give Keegan 18 months if he was willing to accept.

Although I didnt like Bassett, it was a good decision bringing in an experienced manager with an up and coming assistant, and when Bassett did step aside Micky hit the ground running.

If Keegan wasnt interested then probably Sir Bobby.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
a) Not a chance in hell.
b) He's hardly the " fire and brimstone " manager many posters have been asking for.
c) If a) is not true, what sort of ambition is he going to bring to the club? Without wishing to be too facetious, his major ambition at the moment must be going to bed a night hoping to wake up in the morning.;)

Real Sharapova said:
a) Not a chance in hell.
b) He's hardly the " fire and brimstone " manager many posters have been asking for.
c) If a) is not true, what sort of ambition is he going to bring to the club? Without wishing to be too facetious, his major ambition at the moment must be going to bed a night hoping to wake up in the morning.;)

a) He is a football man through and through, and he was interested in the Hearts vacancy so there is nothing to say he wouldnt be interested in coming to us, maybe we can use Linekers influence as they do go back a long way, and as a short term solution IMO would be ideal with a young assistant who can learn the ropes off him and it provides Robson with a challenge and the possibility of leaving some sort of legacy through his protege. It would solve the short term issue of a replacement if required, whilst also providing some long term continuity.

b) I do agree with you as regards point B, but I am not one of those posters who believe we need that type of manager, there is many differing way's of motivating and commanding respect, being a thrower of teacups isnt always the way.

c) As for point C, going to bed and hoping to wake upthe next morning sounds pretty good to me. TBH I think it would show we were ambitious and it would also have an impact on the calibre of Assistant we could attract, and I think it would be quite a radical move and allow an up coming manager to learn from one of the best around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670