Terry Robinson - Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/050713-lcfc-announces-new-appointment-896798.aspx

Leicester City Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Terry Robinson as the Club’s new Director of Football.
Terry joins the Club from Stoke City, where he held the position of Director of Youth Development for two years. He has also served as Chairman at both Bury and Sheffield United.
As Director of Football, Terry’s remit will be to provide strategic input to the Club’s football operations at all levels, driving the consistent implementation of the Club’s football philosophy.
Susan Whelan, Leicester City’s Chief Executive Officer, said: “The appointment of Terry Robinson will add another dimension to the Club and to our football operations.
"The appointment of Terry will complement the wealth of football experience already in place in our First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson; Academy Director, Jon Rudkin and Football Operations Director, Andrew Neville, whose roles all remain unchanged.
"I would like to take this opportunity to welcome Terry to Leicester City and wish him great success in his new role.”

Hope NP's ok with this otherwise there may be trouble ahead

I think Nigel is ok with this! I also think Nigel would of been informed prior to this appointment!

I hope that someone can explain what this actually means.

Manager Nigel Pearson said Robinson's experience would be useful as he builds his squad for another promotion push this season.
"He is our director of football and he comes in to look after the football operations. It doesn't affect how I work at all. He will take a broader view of the football operations. It is not just to work in terms of dealing with first-team matters, it is the whole football operation. He has only been in the job a couple of weeks but, hopefully, it will make the whole football operation smoother in terms of whether he is dealing with transfers or otherwise."

Nope, I'm no clearer either.

To me, a club appoints a DoF when one or more of the key personnel isn't up to the job so needs someone else to do it. Adding an extra layer of management is almost always a stupid idea as it creates an extra opportunity for incompetence and disagreement.

And the Merc says that Dave Richards will additionally act as an advisor. Yep, yet another level of influence, interference, disagreement, confusion, . . .

This will all end in tears.

Last edited:
Manager Nigel Pearson said Robinson's experience would be useful as he builds his squad for another promotion push this season.
"He is our director of football and he comes in to look after the football operations. It doesn't affect how I work at all. He will take a broader view of the football operations. It is not just to work in terms of dealing with first-team matters, it is the whole football operation. He has only been in the job a couple of weeks but, hopefully, it will make the whole football operation smoother in terms of whether he is dealing with transfers or otherwise."

Nope, I'm no clearer either.

To me, a club appoints a DoF when one or more of the key personnel isn't up to the job so needs someone else to do it. Adding an extra layer of management is almost always a stupid idea as it creates an extra opportunity for incompetence and disagreement.

And the Merc says that Dave Richards will additionally act as an advisor. Yep, yet another level of influence, interference, disagreement, confusion, . . .

This will all end in tears

I agree with you BN. I don't think it necessarily needs this to make that happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669