Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the quality of the signings thus far will help to persuade Cambiasso to sign for at least another season.

We certainly don't look like a club willing to 'tread water.'

...of course this and Lako's parents offering him a 'sandwich' ...

With three confirmed signings already, covering defence and a midfield/striker, where else do we need to strengthen if at all? As a leap of faith I am assuming Cambiasso will re-sign, who else realistically might be on a City wish list?

With three confirmed signings already, covering defence and a midfield/striker, where else do we need to strengthen if at all? As a leap of faith I am assuming Cambiasso will re-sign, who else realistically might be on a City wish list?

Like to see another CB, RB and we are short in central midfield. Maybe a winger too.

Personally can't see much more business happening if things stay the way they are but wtf do I know! Cambo signing is all I really want atm. A good pre season together will galvanise the team. It seemed to me that Nigel had a surprising first 5 games and then learned an awful lot, and injected that new found experience in the final 10. Hopefully he feels he can carry this forward into the season with what we have and maybe one or two more additions.

Downing, Barnetta and N'Zonzi being looked at... All would be interesting options!

Downing did well for West Ham last year. Surprised they'd let him go. Would be good although not sure where he'd play in the system we used at the end of last season.

Centre mid is priority now in my opinion, but would like a better centre back too.

Downing and Mahrez vying for that role behind the strikers would be great. He would give us many different options in attack.

I'm not a fan of Downing, I know he's been better since moving into the middle and he gets involved more, but don't think he creates enough.

At 31 years old when the season starts, Downing is exactly the kind of player that you bring in on a free to add some experience.

£7m seems like a lot to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670