Thanks Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest i didn't think R. Kelly would last the end of the season. I thought Milan would bring in a better known manager to attract some "big" players.

I try not to look back in anger,He was a decent enough bloke and I would think he still has a future as a Manager if he toughens up a bit.Don't quite get all the hate on here aimed at him:102:

Last edited:
I try not to look back in anger,He was a decent enough bloke and I would think he still has a future as a Manager if he toughens up a bit.Don't quite get all the hate on here aimed at him:102:

Don't think anyone hates him as a person HF, just when he wears his hat saying "football manager" at Leicester City.

The only thing I'll miss is all the cash i made by backing against us....

Before tissues get taken out and dabbed against sore eyes lets remember a few things about our ex-manager:

I don't think he was good enough, but:

1. 4-4-2 or nothing
Better than 4-5-1 which is almost always the only other option considered in this division.
2. Not replacing the only ball winning midfielder at the club in the summer, even after he said it was his priority
Yeah - but here a lack of cash might have explained this - which is why we ended up with AJ
3. Making out that re-signing Danny death wish Tiatto was some sort of coup
Given the resources, and the shit contract he was offered - I can see that it was. Especially since he has pretty much delivered this season.
4. Josh Low
Made money on him...
5. Signing of players then getting rid - Low, Cadimarteri and Welsh, twice!
Who doesn't do this? His idea of tactics is clear - 2 box-to-box midfielders and two wide players. None he could buy - so see what's available in the sweepings. Why not?
6. The pitiful interviews
Who really believes the interviews say anything?
7. Unfit team on the first day of the season
Was poor. I'll give you that. Luton away was embarassing.
8. Treating home games like we were the away side
I don't see that.
9. Unmotivated players
Players are cnuts
10. Substitution of identical players when behind
Well, not always. But tactically naive, for sure.

Just like to thank the useless board for putting RK in the position he now finds himself.
He was way over his head in trying to steer a Championship side to promotion.
MM should have put him out of his misery when he finally took over the club.
Well done to the players, I hope you are all proud of yourself.
Best of luck to you Rob Kelly, I do hope you find success with a lower division club.
Welcome Nigel Worthington, if you can motivate that shower you deserve a medal.
Oh how sweet the pay back will be to defeat Norwich in your first game.

I think the vilification of Kelly has to stop at the point when people start talking about the man rather than the manager.

I agree with the view that our survival last season had little to do with Kelly's skills and much more to do with the sense of relief on the departure of Levein. It also seems like Ray Graydon's departure further exposed Kelly's limitations.

I don't know where the view that Kelly is a decent coach and not a manager comes from. From what I have seen there is no evidence whatsoever that he is a good coach and I think he would be best trying to develop a new career outside professional football.

He may or not be a nice man....but as a manager he was worse than useless and whilst he didn't waste the resources that Peter Taylor did.....I suspect that given serious money that he would not have made good use of it.

At the end of the day, I don't think we will be relegated and I don't even believe that MM thought we would be relegated with Kelly - as Jeff has pointed out on previous threads the statistics suggest that we would have scraped clear. However, a lot of people have rightly stirred things up and worked up the fear of relegation and MM has taken the moment to do the deed.

Good riddance to Kelly - but I just hope that a re-cycled Nigel Worthington is short term only and that MM is going to raise the game for next season.

I think the vilification of Kelly has to stop at the point when people start talking about the man rather than the manager.

I agree with the view that our survival last season had little to do with Kelly's skills and much more to do with the sense of relief on the departure of Levein. It also seems like Ray Graydon's departure further exposed Kelly's limitations.

I don't know where the view that Kelly is a decent coach and not a manager comes from. From what I have seen there is no evidence whatsoever that he is a good coach and I think he would be best trying to develop a new career outside professional football.

He may or not be a nice man....but as a manager he was worse than useless and whilst he didn't waste the resources that Peter Taylor did.....I suspect that given serious money that he would not have made good use of it.

At the end of the day, I don't think we will be relegated and I don't even believe that MM thought we would be relegated with Kelly - as Jeff has pointed out on previous threads the statistics suggest that we would have scraped clear. However, a lot of people have rightly stirred things up and worked up the fear of relegation and MM has taken the moment to do the deed.

Good riddance to Kelly - but I just hope that a re-cycled Nigel Worthington is short term only and that MM is going to raise the game for next season.

SPOT ON :038: :038: :038:
What he said.......plus, You thank him like he was doing some sort of charity work....he saw the chance of a quick buck and a chance to make a name for himself and he took it, just like we all would. I'm sure he will now walk back into a job at a suitable level for his abilities, with no regrets and a significantly increased bank balance!

Great post Redditch.

Kelly was clearly out of his depth, as were the buffoons that appointed him. Hopefully now with MM in charge we can begin the long climb back with hope and optimism.

I agree with most of what you have said - but who can blame Kelly for taking the opportunity that the Board presented him with?

I also don't buy-in to him being a good coach (as I said in an earlier post). Where is the evidience in player improvement since he came here more than 2 years ago? - most of them appear to have gone backwards!

His style is obviously better suited to the kids than those of our squad currently masquerading as adults. Maybe he will learn from this experience and be a better coach or manager, starting again at a lower level. Personally I wish him well and hope Worthington is for 5 games only (he seems to be up for it anyway).

I agree with most of what you have said - but who can blame Kelly for taking the opportunity that the Board presented him with?

I also don't buy-in to him being a good coach (as I said in an earlier post). Where is the evidience in player improvement since he came here more than 2 years ago? - most of them appear to have gone backwards!

His style is obviously better suited to the kids than those of our squad currently masquerading as adults. Maybe he will learn from this experience and be a better coach or manager, starting again at a lower level. Personally I wish him well and hope Worthington is for 5 games only (he seems to be up for it anyway).

Absolutely.

I don't blame Kelly at all for taking the job.

Lots of us (me included) wanted to believe that he would make a decent job of it. But the board should have known more and known different and for them his appointment was a cop out. We soon learned that he was not good enough.

I buy into Harry Rednapp's line that the most important attribute for a manager is good judgement about players. Even at the level that Kelly had to operate there was no evidence that is judgement on players is anything but erratic.

I will be very surprised if he ever makes a half-decent manager even at the lower levels of league football.

Cheers Rob, no one can say that you did not have a fair crack at the whip but ultimatly you failed. :056:

Nigel worthington though, NIGEL fecking WORTHINGTON. Brothers from different mothers :icon_cry:

Rob Kelly will be after Bill Anderson's job now.

:038:
Absolutely spot on RF, if only I was as erudite as yourself I would have posted something similar instead of the foul-mouthed tirade that I did.

I just hope that all of the nauseating, skin crawling bullshit can stop "thanks Rob, you saved us, such a nice bloke, all the best, where would we be without you, blah blah, bullshit"
:078:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570