The 2021 Talking Balls Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another shambles

I don’t know why we let him organise it, to be honest

FINALLY, after an absence of nowhere near enough years, the Talking Balls awards return to ‘celebrate’ how we members of this very special site spent our time together in 2021. Please PM your votes for some of all of the following categories to me by 8pm Sunday (UK time):

If you vote for yourself I’ll ignore it. Someone bring drinks for the bash on Sunday. And chairs, we’ll need chairs.
Still sitting here, but no more drinks left. Think I’ll leave now. Shambles!

The results are in and have been double-checked. It’s been very competitive, with a voter turnout of almost half a dozen.

We begin with Funniest Member 2021
Lots of decent candidates for this one, but our clear winner is tedfoxxx tedfoxxx !!

Thread of the Year was not as clear-cut as you might think. Votes for Jeff’s Fell Walking thread, the FA Cup final match thread, and inexplicably one for this thread, but the favourite here is Leicester City - FA CUP WINNERS

Worst Thread of the Year was similarly close. We had votes for the Leicester City Women thread, “Any with a poll”, and also this thread, but our most-hated is the Rodgers Out discussion

The results are in and have been double-checked. It’s been very competitive, with a voter turnout of almost half a dozen.

We begin with Funniest Member 2021
Lots of decent candidates for this one, but our clear winner is tedfoxxx tedfoxxx !!
Odds on that were slashed after the soup joke.

And now, the only award anybody cares about. It’s time for

**** of the Year

Any one of about 25 people could have reasonably expected to be under consideration for this prestigious trophy. In the end we did have a clear winner. Beating out competition from ThaiSweetChilli ThaiSweetChilli and someone who got banned 10 years ago, with FIFTY PERCENT OF THE VOTE (two)…

the one and the only

popillius popillius

Hold on a minute. I don’t think any of us would deny pop’s ****ishness, but what about the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263