The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

Why on earth would he know though, is he still attached to the club in any way?

I think he does some hospitality stuff now and again, plus I suspect he will have a decent contact or two within the club.

Re: The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Autumn/Winter 2011-12 rumours th

This will no doubt contribute to the recent poor results, performances and seemingly lack of interest from so many players, perhaps a lot know there days are numbered and that their ride on the Leicester City gravy train is coming to an end.

Which Steve Walsh?

I can't see NP allowing his staff to be tweeting stuff like that, so it must be the former Leicester City legend Steve Walsh.

I can't see NP allowing his staff to be tweeting stuff like that, so it must be the former Leicester City legend Steve Walsh.

Does this mean that Steve Walsh is no longer a Leicester City legend?

This will no doubt contribute to the recent poor results, performances and seemingly lack of interest from so many players, perhaps a lot know there days are numbered and that their ride on the Leicester City gravy train is coming to an end.

I now live away from Leicestershire and meet many fans of other teams. When I mention that the City fans think that theirs is a second rate squad, they shake their heads in disbelief and question the sanity of Leicester people. We are by no means the finished article, but the idea of dismantling the squad is preposterous. We need to add 3-4 and, possibly, release 1-2 players.

Why on earth would he know though, is he still attached to the club in any way?

I have no idea on either question. I was just relaying information. You could however presume he has more contacts at the club than someone like say Bert.

Last edited:

totally agree "old fox"and added to that get the players who remain and are currently underperforming eg Beckford firing. We need a system that suits the players we are going to keep/bring in (not 4-5-1 at home!!!!), we need a spark (quality winger/or creative midfielder), we need to cut out basic errors eg Mills drifting to help Peltier has cost us 3 goals at home recently. we dont need more upheaval(manager change) we all need to pull together and sort out this mess (Thais management staff players and fans) ,as a fan its bad enough getting stick off inferior teams fans without our own supporters bickering

I have no idea on either question. I was just relaying information. You could however presume he has more contacts at the club than someone like say Bert.

Didn't mean it to sound like I was having a go at you, was just asking the questions that went through my head when I saw his tweets.

And I think a snail has more contacts than Bert.

I now live away from Leicestershire and meet many fans of other teams. When I mention that the City fans think that theirs is a second rate squad, they shake their heads in disbelief and question the sanity of Leicester people. We are by no means the finished article, but the idea of dismantling the squad is preposterous. We need to add 3-4 and, possibly, release 1-2 players.

I don't get this at all. Do these other fans watch us week in, week out or all they basing opinions on media hype?

I don't get this at all. Do these other fans watch us week in, week out or all they basing opinions on media hype?

Just as I, and I am sure that you too, have views about players at other teams, so do they. I expect that you have an opinion about, say - Billy Sharp - and yet, you do not watch him each week. We have several high profile players, Schmeichel, Peltier, Konchesky, Mills, Danns, Nugent, to name but a few; is it not usual for fans to have an opinion of such players? :102:

Just as I, and I am sure that you too, have views about players at other teams, so do they. I expect that you have an opinion about, say - Billy Sharp - and yet, you do not watch him each week. We have several high profile players, Schmeichel, Peltier, Konchesky, Mills, Danns, Nugent, to name but a few; is it not usual for fans to have an opinion of such players? :102:

It was more you seem to view other fans opinions over Leicester fans. Simply because they give a positive opinion.

It was more you seem to view other fans opinions over Leicester fans. Simply because they give a positive opinion.

Ah, sorry! No, I did not mean that. It is just that I am a little tired of hearing that ALL our players are rubbish. Look at SSL, not nearly good enough for us (I know he asked for a transfer, but these boards have been most disparaging) and yet, he is instantly wanted by other Championship teams.

We do not have a good team, but I think that it would be a mistake to throw the baby out with the bath water. We have the nucleus of a good team. The only possible doubt I have about this statement is, if there is truth in the remarks upon a rival board that implies dressing room unrest: in which case, NP needs to weed the perpetrators ASAP.

Ah, sorry! No, I did not mean that. It is just that I am a little tired of hearing that ALL our players are rubbish. Look at SSL, not nearly good enough for us (I know he asked for a transfer, but these boards have been most disparaging) and yet, he is instantly wanted by other Championship teams..

Just because he is wanted by other Championship teams doesn't make him particularly good.

I post on a general Championship forum and all the Middlesbrough and PNE fans said the same thing when we signed SSL that he was dreadful at Middlesbrough and his last two seasons at PNE too, some of the Middlesbrough fans cited him as one of the worst players they have ever seen for them. He's still living off one good season 2 years back and Ipswich, who were the only team confirmed to be after him, atm are all about buying players living off past glories (Bullard, Bowyer, Ellington, Chopra, Scotland etc. etc.) and look how far it has gotten them.

I agree with what you are saying to an extent though, but I also disagree, if that makes sense. In that I do think we have an extremely run-of-the-mill, mediocre Championship squad, but I also think we are only 4 or 5 players short, because imo the gap in quality between teams in this division isn't much and it only takes having 3 or 4 quality players who make the difference to get out of this division, I'd say we currently only have one in Schmeichel.

I'm not saying all our players are rubbish, but they're all, Schmeichel aside, just decent, run-of-the-mill players, which is not going to get us promotion. I'm not suggesting a major overhaul of the side as imo players like Nugent, Konchesky, Beckford, Bamba, King etc. may be "cog players" in promotion chasing sides, but they're never going to be the star players who make things happen in promotion chasing sides and that's what we lack, players who can make the difference and set us apart from the other run-of-the-mill Championship sides (which is what most of the Championship is).

Much like how QPR had the likes of Taarabt, Kenny, Routledge and Gorkss. Norwich had the likes of Hoolahan, Ruddy, Martin and Holt and Swansea had players like Sinclair, de Vries, Williams and Dyer etc.

I do think we have a few players here who can be first team regulars in a promotion chasing side, but we have no outfield players who are really going the be the star players, among the best in the division and who we can really build the side around.

Bill Schweinder @FootballAgent12
Saints are going to bid for Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel #lcfc#saintsfc

Season over if he goes. Surely bollocks?

No way we'll sell in my opinion, they'd have to offer big money if they wanted him and bigger wages than he's on now, which I'm not sure they will do. He seems to be happy here and hopefully he wouldn't want to leave after less than a season, he's been one of our standout players so far this season and I'm sure Pearson and the board will do all they can to keep hold of him.

Just because he is wanted by other Championship teams doesn't make him particularly good.

I post on a general Championship forum and all the Middlesbrough and PNE fans said the same thing when we signed SSL that he was dreadful at Middlesbrough and his last two seasons at PNE too, some of the Middlesbrough fans cited him as one of the worst players they have ever seen for them. He's still living off one good season 2 years back and Ipswich, who were the only team confirmed to be after him, atm are all about buying players living off past glories (Bullard, Bowyer, Ellington, Chopra, Scotland etc. etc.) and look how far it has gotten them.

I agree with what you are saying to an extent though, but I also disagree, if that makes sense. In that I do think we have an extremely run-of-the-mill, mediocre Championship squad, but I also think we are only 4 or 5 players short, because imo the gap in quality between teams in this division isn't much and it only takes having 3 or 4 quality players who make the difference to get out of this division, I'd say we currently only have one in Schmeichel.

I'm not saying all our players are rubbish, but they're all, Schmeichel aside, just decent, run-of-the-mill players, which is not going to get us promotion. I'm not suggesting a major overhaul of the side as imo players like Nugent, Konchesky, Beckford, Bamba, King etc. may be "cog players" in promotion chasing sides, but they're never going to be the star players who make things happen in promotion chasing sides and that's what we lack, players who can make the difference and set us apart from the other run-of-the-mill Championship sides (which is what most of the Championship is).

Much like how QPR had the likes of Taarabt, Kenny, Routledge and Gorkss. Norwich had the likes of Hoolahan, Ruddy, Martin and Holt and Swansea had players like Sinclair, de Vries, Williams and Dyer etc.

I do think we have a few players here who can be first team regulars in a promotion chasing side, but we have no outfield players who are really going the be the star players, among the best in the division and who we can really build the side around.

It is strange how often a little bit of digging reaches agreement. I thought that you were completely wrong in your first post, but I think that this hits the nail perfectly. As you say, not a new team, one or two spark players are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669