The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2011 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed Ben Mee has re-tweeted something that was sent to him in response to an earlier tweet of his.

Looks to me there is a strong possibility that he'll be back next season.

Just noticed Ben Mee has re-tweeted something that was sent to him in response to an earlier tweet of his.

Looks to me there is a strong possibility that he'll be back next season.

Care to share what was said with the rest of the class?

Just seen 2 of his Tweets.

He retweeted:

caz_and_ian_new_yr_normal.jpg

OLDBLUEFOX Ian Moore by Mee_36 @

@Mee_36 need you back at the theatre of crisps in tip top form next season. BLUE ARMY! IN SVEN WE TRUST.

and then this one:
Mee_36 Ben Mee

"@TimVarley26: @Mee_36 hi Ben, you were great at Leicester last season, will you be back next season? A rt would make my day!" We'll see pal

Last edited:
How does "We'll see pal" translate to a strong possibility?

That wasn't there when I posted. Mee re-tweeted a post that said he was needed next season. Why did he do that? He could have done nothing or said no he wasn't coming.

The newer tweet doesn't rule it out.

I've been viewing this site for a couple of years now but don't post very often. Just thought I would share with you what I was told last week from someone very close to the club. The reason we haven't yet signed anyone is becaucse most of the management team have been abroad trying to push some deals through. Can't give any names to these players as i don't know, but I was also told we are planning a triple Man City raid for Shay Given, Ben Mee and Greg Cunningham. Also interested in Vitor and Jay Bothroyd but no talks have been held yet. I'll most likley get slated for posting as I can't give any links. Not saying that these WILL happen but talks are planned. Believe what you wish.

Last edited:
I've been viewing this site for a couple of years now but don't post very often. Just thought I would share with you what I was told last week from someone very close to the club. The reason we haven't yet signed anyone is becaucse most of the management team have been abroad trying to push some deals through. Can't give any names to these players as i don't know, but I was also told we are planning a triple Man City raid for Shay Given, Ben Mee and Greg Cunningham. Also interested in Vitor and Jay Bothroyd but no talks have been held yet. I'll most likley get slated for posting as I can't give any links. Not saying that these WILL happen but talks are planned. Believe what you wish.

That would certainly give our defence a boost!

Andrew Neville was on BBC Radio Leicester earlier saying he expects movement to happen in the next couple of weeks.

Basically when the existing contracts expire at other clubs. Normally we announce a signing within a day or two of that.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that applies to say David Nugent. He may be contracted to Portsmouth up until the end of June.

I wouldn't be surprised if something like that applies to say David Nugent. He may be contracted to Portsmouth up until the end of June.
Football contracts in this country almost invariably run until June 30th (see Chambers, Ashley :icon_wink).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669